Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12409 12410 [12411] 12412 12413 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377061 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186150 on: July 28, 2018, 04:13:37 am »

Never get high on your own supply
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186151 on: July 28, 2018, 04:15:28 am »

Never buy drugs. Your friends can do it for you.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186152 on: July 28, 2018, 07:39:28 am »

For country filled with drugs I never have done it. Booze sure a lot, and chainsmoker many years ago too. I have a some friends that are occasional pot smokers and one that do it heavily but nothing else that I know. And I realize all of those guys but one already have emigrated. Now I'm sad... and gentlemen. You can't argue over drugs(or be sad) in here. This is the Happy Thread!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186153 on: July 28, 2018, 08:08:36 am »

Friendship happiness is mandatory.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #186154 on: July 28, 2018, 08:50:07 am »

I've discovered the successor for The nicest place on the internet, it's the other nice place. Free hugs are back for those who need them.
oh god that's so creepy

It seems to be down. What was it,
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186155 on: July 28, 2018, 08:58:39 am »

It seems to be down. What was it,
A video of a series of people hugging the camera.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186156 on: July 28, 2018, 10:59:12 am »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Hotfire90

« Reply #186157 on: July 28, 2018, 11:07:34 am »

You need to click on the button for the playlist to appear, but as Maximum Spin said, it's a playlist of people hugging the camera.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186158 on: July 28, 2018, 01:10:10 pm »

My little boy is learning to talk more every day and is starting potty training today and I am very excited to learn about how he does today when I get home from work.

Dadding is great.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186159 on: July 28, 2018, 01:43:10 pm »

My little boy is learning to talk more every day and is starting potty training today and I am very excited to learn about how he does today when I get home from work.

Dadding is great.

Dad-five! My boy is 1. ☺
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #186160 on: July 28, 2018, 01:58:05 pm »

Can I have an uncle-five? My niece is 3. Months.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186161 on: July 28, 2018, 02:07:47 pm »

i have four niblings and they're awful :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186162 on: July 28, 2018, 03:49:41 pm »

I have no idea how many nieces and nephews I have but I've got 5 sisters.
For country filled with drugs I never have done it. Booze sure a lot, and chainsmoker many years ago too. I have a some friends that are occasional pot smokers and one that do it heavily but nothing else that I know. And I realize all of those guys but one already have emigrated. Now I'm sad... and gentlemen. You can't argue over drugs(or be sad) in here. This is the Happy Thread!
You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #186163 on: July 28, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »

I like arguing with my dad. I never have to explain simple concepts, and he makes me think about shit i don't normally think about. On the news today, some fuckin blowhard anchor was going on about how the big reason California has a high GDP as well as a high poverty rate was because... illegal immigrants use welfare? It was wierd.

Me: I think it's stupid how he went straight to the "damn beaners" line. It's pretty easy to see that with tech being such a high profit/low employment industry there's not much room for much else besides ag work and the service industry.

Dad: Well, I bet illegals still play a part in it... (My dad proceeds to go on a bit of a rant vis-a-vis welfare. He's got an antiquated view of poverty and he's seen a lot of the worst on offer humanity wise, so he's super cynical. Just insert "people on welfare blah blah blah getting off topic).

Me: Okay, woah, we got away from the main point. Why do illegals play a part in California's poverty rate?

Dad: You can't have a large group of people at the lowest rung in society enter a country and not impact the bottom line. I think the way they gather those statistics is partly by tracking welfare outputs, so...

Me: What? They can't have that much of an impact, right? There's only, what, 10 million illegals living in the US?

Dad: How do we even know? You can't ask somebody breaking the law by living somewhere whether they're living there illegally and expect them to answer honestly.

Well, this sparked a research dive into a case study and two reports published by the DHS. As per the usual, we got completely off topic and started talking about how they gather these statistics before my mom cut us off; we'd been talking over the movie she'd been trying to watch for, like, thirty minutes.

I like being back home :)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186164 on: July 28, 2018, 09:46:07 pm »

That's a little weird, but I understand it.  I get in political discussion with my dad too, and it's... fun and useful.

Like sometimes he chooses an awful position and argues it, devil's advocate.  He does this scarily well, actually, and he's done it for as long as I can remember.  The only way I can tell is that he gives me plenty of time to make long, logical counterarguments where I don't have to cite my sources.

Whereas other times we have an actual disagreements, threatening anger, and it's more about diplomacy than plain reasoning.  It's a careful mix of listening and careful buildup.  I show I'm listening by acknowledging his arguments in my responses, yet focusing on making a single strong point rather than spend my time quibbling over every single claim he makes.  It... sometimes ends up with me getting drunk and waxing metaphysical, about fairness and rhetoric.  Other times I find that the evidence doesn't support me like I thought, and I have to admit defeat.  I really don't mind, it's comforting to accept failure and learn from it.  Besides, he's much more experienced, if not wiser :P

But a satisfying amount of the time, it ends with a demand that I find a citation for a specific factual disagreement we've come to.  And it turning out that I was right.  It doesn't usually change his mind, but these are very complicated things we're discussing, with a lot of facets.  The important thing is that I support my point, *don't* piss him off, and don't get pissed myself.  Pun intended, heh.

It certainly helps that this is almost always over text.  Over voice or in person, we usually switch to nonconfrontational storytime instead.  Personal history, local history, even world history...  He knows a lot, even more than he's already taught me over these years.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12409 12410 [12411] 12412 12413 ... 13310