Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12412 12413 [12414] 12415 12416 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14558695 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186195 on: August 01, 2018, 09:49:56 am »

After 2 weeks of heatwave...

...THUNDERSTORM! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186196 on: August 01, 2018, 09:53:56 am »

After 2 weeks of heatwave...

...THUNDERSTORM! :D
*Downpour five*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186197 on: August 01, 2018, 12:59:28 pm »

It's also nice when everything stops being brown.
UKIP, is that you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186198 on: August 01, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »

Thats the BNP you're thinking of. UKIP doesn't care about what colour you are.
This is as far as I am going on politics as it will result in a rant which does not belong in the happy thread.

Dragonflies, duckings and song thrushes do belong here though, seen all three today.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186199 on: August 01, 2018, 01:38:02 pm »

I considered using BNP, but I had thought they were defunct now. So I sub'd in UKIP as a 'slightly less blatantly racist but still fairly xenophobic' substitute.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186200 on: August 01, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »

Far as I'm aware the BNP don't exist no more.

T'be fair, UKIP aren't exactly thriving right now either, but I guess they're a bit like marker pen in that you can scrub as hard as you want but you'll still have a stain for a while after.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186201 on: August 01, 2018, 02:52:59 pm »

Or more like protease which has run out of protein to convert.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186202 on: August 01, 2018, 03:12:09 pm »

Far as I'm aware the BNP don't exist no more.

T'be fair, UKIP aren't exactly thriving right now either, but I guess they're a bit like marker pen in that you can scrub as hard as you want but you'll still have a stain for a while after.
Or more like protease which has run out of protein to convert.
Oh, come on. No reference to cat's diarrhoea? First thing that came to mind. No Stu Lee fans, eh?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #186203 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:00 pm »

I used to think I didn't like romance stories, but I'm starting to think I just don't like bad romances. As far as literature goes, Worth the Candle and Deathworlders both have pretty satisfying romantic subplots; I think that might have something to do with how real they feel, and how they actually have payoffs, ups, downs, etc. They don't shy away from the sex either, though without getting too lurid in detail (with Deathworlders being the worse offender, with one scene in particular being pretty steamy). I can't think of anything other than books, though, where i've found a truly satisfying romance. The closest probably being (ugh) SOA's first season, before Asuna gets thrown onto the harem pile. Nothing else comes to mind!  Aside from some fanfiction, maybe, where romance is the main thrust. One in particular (I think called Nova Vega? Where the main romance was M!Courier/Arcade) stands out. I think all these have in common the fact that they don't shy away from the amarous parts of relationships, but they don't focus on them? Idk

Preemptively, this is in the happy thread because romance is fun! I'm not sure how ya'll feel about it but I feel like romance is another lens through which to view characters; a well developed romantic plot will only improve your understanding of character interactions, unless it sucks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186204 on: August 01, 2018, 11:46:04 pm »

I mean, it's definitely the writing. I think my main problem is when books get into detail of how attractive the characters are. Like, fuck that, I want to read about humans falling in love, not some fetish caricatures.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #186205 on: August 02, 2018, 12:12:12 am »

I mean, it's definitely the writing. I think my main problem is when books get into detail of how attractive the characters are. Like, fuck that, I want to read about humans falling in love, not some fetish caricatures.

Fucking, thank you! Exactly! Honestly, the most attractive/lurid things for me focus more on both the relationship between the characters and the smaller things they notice about each other. I mentioned Worth the Candle earlier, and the way the author works slowly into having these two characters fall for each other is actually super hot; however, he doesn't get that by talking endlessly about how they look, but rather by describing how their interactions keep ratcheting up the UST until it gets, uh, resolved.

It's super interesting, honestly. I could talk about the minutia of literature/writing for days.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186206 on: August 02, 2018, 09:16:07 am »

Bad romance?

Muh-muh-muh-mah.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186207 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:29 am »

How do we define "romance stories"? Don't most stories worth a damn contain at least some element of romance?

In Happy News, well... recently I've done a lot of enjoyable binge-watching, hung out with two cats and a dog and devoured a couple of books.
Maybe next I should try and learn some more ukulele chords before I leave.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186208 on: August 02, 2018, 10:32:37 am »

How do we define "romance stories"? Don't most stories worth a damn contain at least some element of romance?

That's akin to asking how we can define "comedy movie" since even the grimmest of films include at least some element of comedy.

I'd say a good-enough definition would be whether you could yank out the romance element or replace it with non-romance elements and still have the same basic story, intact. For example Conan the Babarian has a romance subplot used as a catalyst for the Big Battle at the end. The writers could easily have omitted that particular subplot (replace it with literally any other motivation for wanting to fight) without changing a single thing about the rest of the movie, so it would be fair to say Conan isn't a "romance movie" despite including some romance-related scenes, the same as the droid humor in the original Star Wars doesn't make Star Wars a comedy movie.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:47:17 am by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186209 on: August 02, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »

I'm happy because I just went to the appointment for the international legalization of our papers. After this I just need pete's passport, and gather a lifetime worth of money  hahaha
But money I can get by working harder and selling all my things, and a kidney if necessary, papers and passports, on the other hand you can't get them by working.

If everything goes right we must have all our papers by wednesday next week. Boss's not happy because on top of reducing some shifts I had to ask for a day this week and another next week. He can suck it!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:11:14 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 12412 12413 [12414] 12415 12416 ... 13312