Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12436 12437 [12438] 12439 12440 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14542388 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186555 on: August 23, 2018, 12:28:54 pm »

Good for you
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #186556 on: August 23, 2018, 01:38:08 pm »

Thats awesome news for sure!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186557 on: August 23, 2018, 01:44:20 pm »

Your daughter is named Wood, Japa?

Wait, no, that's gotta be a wood pun, I suppose we've whittled the supply down pretty far, I kerf even fleam a way to tote our chips out of the swarf now.
One saw to rule them all
One wheel to grind them
All the tools to craft them all
And in marriage bind them

One for the wood lord on his wooden throne
In the shed of Max™ where the sawdust lies

One could call you.......
....Sawron.

You are my new hero forever now, make ugly babies with me.

I would never go with a wheel grinder incidentally, I have no power tools, never liked the noise, the dust everywhere, the ever present risk of maiming, the difficulty in making them yourself, and the rapidly escalating severity of even slight accidents. Especially when you consider how often I bump and nick and tag my fingers while crafting, I've got what are basically scar calluses on a couple of spots where I'm most likely to graze a finger with a bad start on a piece of weird grain and a jumping saw. I have to sit and look to see where the blood comes out if it even does these days, most of the time I only discover a cut after I see a little spot of blood on my project somewhere.

It's an odd sort of casually careless carefulness due to reflexes and hand positions that means even when a workpiece breaks unexpectedly and I'm certain I made contact somewhere it's rarely enough to actually get through the skin these days.

Not compatible with power tool usage, suffice to say, just ain't my thing.

What IS my thing though? PLAYING WITH SPIDERS!

Fair warning for arachnophobes, she is large and dramatic but I am so thrilled to find the lineage in this area didn't die off, and am happy to introduce the newest of my porch spiders!

I just finished a reread of Fables yesterday so it seemed an appropriate name for this particular little wobbly old lady I relocated to the holly bush near the front door so she can hopefully set up shop and help with the mosquito among other things.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186558 on: August 23, 2018, 01:47:14 pm »

I'm going to assume that MaxTM is dead and it's the spider that is assuming his identity and posting for him.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #186559 on: August 23, 2018, 01:50:49 pm »

I'm going to assume that MaxTM is dead and it's the spider that is assuming his identity and posting for him.

Lets bring up the live camera feed of his room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doesn't seem suspicious at all
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186560 on: August 23, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »

Ha ha ha haa heee hee ho ho ho ha ha ha heh hrrm was that more laughter than human males normally would make after friend joking? Of course not, totally normal one hundred percent regular human guy here, for definitely!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186561 on: August 23, 2018, 03:07:21 pm »

Ha ha ha haa heee hee ho ho ho ha ha ha heh hrrm was that more laughter than human males normally would make after friend joking? Of course not, totally normal one hundred percent regular human guy here, for definitely!

What are your thoughts on the common housefly?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186562 on: August 23, 2018, 03:24:35 pm »

Ho ho ho?? Is that a French or Christmas spider of some sort?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186563 on: August 23, 2018, 04:22:35 pm »

What are your thoughts on the common housefly?
Well I'd certainly never eat one... certainly.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186564 on: August 23, 2018, 04:29:52 pm »

I love spiders myself, bigger the better IMO. Unfortunately my sister became arachnophobic, and went from demanding I give her the Giant House Spider who had other ideas to running in fright from common house spiders.
She has somewhat overcome this fear of late apparently but is somewhat disturbed by the larger tarantulas such as the Goliath (though I would admit it is less irrational to be afraid of a spider the size of a diner plate).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186565 on: August 23, 2018, 05:36:06 pm »

My working holiday visa got approved. I'm going to New Zealand at the end of the year!

I really actually get to peace out of life in the states and escape everything I know, and it's equal parts exciting and terrifying.
That's cool as, broo.
Have fun trying to understand what gibberish everyone is speaking. :P What will you be doing in terms of work?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186566 on: August 23, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

I love spiders myself, bigger the better IMO. Unfortunately my sister became arachnophobic, and went from demanding I give her the Giant House Spider who had other ideas to running in fright from common house spiders.
She has somewhat overcome this fear of late apparently but is somewhat disturbed by the larger tarantulas such as the Goliath (though I would admit it is less irrational to be afraid of a spider the size of a diner plate).

I always relocate spiders I find in our house and at work. My wife gets pissed when I do it by hand though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186567 on: August 23, 2018, 07:06:20 pm »

I have learned to identify spider species so that I know when to do "ooh a cute spider i love spiders" and when to go "AAAAAA IT'S A VENOMOUS SPIDER K ILL IT KILL IT"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186568 on: August 23, 2018, 07:10:01 pm »

I have every intention of getting a picture with Frau Totenkinder being held by the missus, bit by bit I've been getting her comfortable with various insects and arachnids, and now she worries if the spitting spiders are eating enough just like I do.

Gotta keep the spitters in good condition, they naturally help control the recluse population which means I don't gotta kill as many of the unfortunately dangerous little dudes.

She still has an intense aversion to palmetto bugs, but she doesn't scream and cry and refuse to enter the room until it has been turned inside out, and most recently there was a small one that accidentally rode inside on our cat Reggie (who likes to sleep in leaves and whatnot) and when she noticed it she simply asked me what it was and when I suggested she grab something in the other room she calmly did so while I flushed the little bugger.

Over the years I've taken her from running into traffic in a panic over june bugs and screaming in terror about a mantis landing on her jeans near her ankle, or hyperventilating over carpenter bees and mud daubers to actively caring about the little friends we find around the house.

I like to bring little mantis buddies in to visit when I find them, let her check them out, help me with pictures, and we both enjoy the way they sit on my monitor and lock in on the tv no matter how I rotate it underneath them, so I casually told her that since I needed to go grab the dog from downstairs she needed to hold the little mantisbro for me and she hung out with him chilling on her hand until I got back.

Passed her little tiny cute jumping spider younglings, neat little crab spiders, and wispy little spitters without a problem. She actually asked to hold the great big leggy spitter gal I brought in from the attic room once, and bit by bit is warming up to letting me pass a big orb weaver over to her since she's seen how they chill out and just kinda wobble around slowly when she leans in to take pictures for me.
Oh man, she spotted what we're pretty sure was an absolutely gorgeous female southern house spider but lost track while she was getting me and I haven't seen her since. They're big docile gals too so I was super eager to scoop one of them up like I do the aurantia's I find.

She was asking me about how a gal like Totenkinder would bite and I pointed out that the little black bits resting gently on my palm were her pedipalps.
The poor quality of that photo is a great reason to have her do the task of posing the spider while I snap some new pictures. :D

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186569 on: August 23, 2018, 07:10:21 pm »

In general the scariest (biggest/hairiest) ones, which are mostly tarantulas are really harmless. Yeah the bite can be a bitch and you could die if somewhat your body overreact to the venom, which is a really long shot. Some of the small ones are the true dangerous.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 12436 12437 [12438] 12439 12440 ... 13312