Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12458 12459 [12460] 12461 12462 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552771 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186885 on: September 07, 2018, 06:03:30 pm »

At least they’re honest about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186886 on: September 07, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »

Nothing is true, except for the statement 'Nothing is true'.

How can I be so sure you're telling the truth

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186887 on: September 07, 2018, 06:25:34 pm »

pretty saw handles.
Aren't they tho? While I am proud of the aesthetic I've got going, I don't like lumping myself in with artists as it feels like a slight to them. They make pretty things to be pretty and enjoyed in a much more creative/additive fashion. I make things I'm going to use and try to make them as pretty as I can without interfering in their function by taking the stuff that shouldn't be there away until I've got the shape I like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #186888 on: September 07, 2018, 06:38:22 pm »

Nothing is true, except for the statement 'Nothing is true'.

How can I be so sure you're telling the truth

whoa it's ffs
Hi! Hello! You haven't been around in a while!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186889 on: September 07, 2018, 06:42:33 pm »

I will now say something banworthy....

I play roblox.
*gasp* This is the most horrible crime imaginable! Off with his head!
Self-parodying is fun.
Th4DwArfY.head.breakjoints()
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186890 on: September 07, 2018, 06:55:07 pm »

pretty saw handles.
Aren't they tho? While I am proud of the aesthetic I've got going, I don't like lumping myself in with artists as it feels like a slight to them. They make pretty things to be pretty and enjoyed in a much more creative/additive fashion. I make things I'm going to use and try to make them as pretty as I can without interfering in their function by taking the stuff that shouldn't be there away until I've got the shape I like.

Ah shaddapayoface. Your saw handles bring joy to people that like that sort of thing. You’ve worked at a skill to make something be useful and look pretty, just ‘cause your focus is on the former doesn’t mean the latter becomes meaningless.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186891 on: September 07, 2018, 07:42:36 pm »

I helped my housemate's family bring in the hay.  Jeezum crow.

I'm a fuckin badass (for being pretty out of shape, and certainly not used to this work).  The father pointed out that "This is the first time we've brought the hay in without any bellyaching".  We had salad and chicken breast and shared stories.  Got payed well, too.

The goat was the one who showed up in my latest Fallen London dream, heh.  So cute, for being full sized and demanding.  He kept hooking my pocket with his horns to demand headpats.  Apparently he usually goes for belt loops.  The father chased him around, and he pranced excitedly like freakin Bambi.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186892 on: September 07, 2018, 07:52:32 pm »

I'm a fuckin badass (for being pretty out of shape, and certainly not used to this work).  The father pointed out that "This is the first time we've brought the hay in without any bellyaching".  We had salad and chicken breast and shared stories.  Got payed well, too.

The goat was the one who showed up in my latest Fallen London dream, heh.  So cute, for being full sized and demanding.  He kept hooking my pocket with his horns to demand headpats.  Apparently he usually goes for belt loops.  The father chased him around, and he pranced excitedly like freakin Bambi.

Hard-working person who's gender I shall not assume five! Go you mate! Hard work is enjoyable in a strange masochistic way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186893 on: September 07, 2018, 08:21:45 pm »

Ahh blisters in your hands, sunburns in your neck and face, an aching body and that enormous satisfaction of being useful.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #186894 on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:50 am »

I had to haul hay tonight too actually. Our neighbor moved away and couldnt take it with her, so she gave it to us, which is freaking awesome. It is heavy and irritating as shit, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186895 on: September 08, 2018, 12:36:52 am »

Huh. Here, it's mostly machine-done. Though my father does speak fondly of cutting it with a scythe and using big wooden forks to gather it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186896 on: September 08, 2018, 04:17:31 am »

Huh. Here, it's mostly machine-done. Though my father does speak fondly of cutting it with a scythe and using big wooden forks to gather it.
I had to haul hay tonight too actually. Our neighbor moved away and couldnt take it with her, so she gave it to us, which is freaking awesome. It is heavy and irritating as shit, though.
Question, guys:

How do they store the hay where you guys are? Hay bales? What size and shape? Do you use those silage wrappers?

Do you use haystacks? What kind?
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186897 on: September 08, 2018, 06:00:39 am »

Very interested, there.

Hay bales wrapped with the silage wrapper, left either in a barn or outside. Often pyramidical stacking.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186898 on: September 08, 2018, 07:35:59 am »

Very interested, there.

Hay bales wrapped with the silage wrapper, left either in a barn or outside. Often pyramidical stacking.
So the souls of the noble farmers can rise high into the stars and take their place among the Gods of course.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186899 on: September 08, 2018, 08:38:01 am »

They were like... 4ft long rectangular prisms, about the circumference of a prickly hug.  So bulky but relatively light, just enough to where we even I could lift them over my head for stacking (other people were tossing occasionally, I couldn't manage that).  I'm pretty sure I saw a farm machine make a couple, by driving over already cut hay and pooping bales out the back.  Each was secured by two loops of red plastic string.

We stacked the rectangles in towers of 3 in the barn, with pallets at the bottom.  Each layer alternated in arrangement, kinda like a Jenga tower, for stability.  During the loading and unloading we had someone standing several layers up, taking the incoming bales and arranging them properly.  We ended up building about about three levels above my head, in the barn!

About half of that back row fell off when the strap came undone, but fortunately we weren't on the road yet.  We transferred them to a different trailer and everything worked out.

We only found out about the job the day before, because it depended on weather a lot.  Apparently they usually wait for an even hotter day, because the dryer the bales the better (less chance of spontaneous combustion, besides being much lighter).  But there was thunder rolling in the distance as we finished up, and sure enough it rained last night.  Just in time~

Anyway, the farm also had massive round bales in the barn which had to be moved by rolling into a trailer, two at a time.  We didn't have to move many of those though, just fed the horses in the far pastures.  There was this big plastic watertank about the same size which we used to fill their water troughs, by holding a piece of PVC up to the outlet.  The water pressure made it shoot quite a ways horizontally!

Oh, and I'm sore today, but it's not as bad as I expected.  My eyes were crusted shut but they recovered overnight, and the sunburn... isn't nearly as bad as I expected.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:40:13 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12458 12459 [12460] 12461 12462 ... 13312