Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12495 12496 [12497] 12498 12499 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384415 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187440 on: October 09, 2018, 08:08:13 pm »

For a moment I thought Hans meant to fry the crows.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187441 on: October 10, 2018, 05:05:17 am »

For a moment I thought Hans meant to fry the crows.

Bahaha that might be good actually.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #187442 on: October 10, 2018, 10:36:43 am »

This morning, I was showered, had my teeth brushed, had clean clothes picked out (that matched, even, or at least what I think matches; who knows), was clean-shaven, deodorized, and everything else this morning. It's hard to overstate how unusual this is for me. I probably even look good! And there's no particular reason why either: I don't have a date or anything, or someone I'm trying to impress (besides "everyone", I guess), and while it's a busy day, it's not unusually so. if anything I should be (more of a) a mess today, because I had to stay up so late working. But instead, I have all of this stuff that I don't ordinarily have (not all at once, anyway).

It's strange. I almost put this in wtf, but I figured it might be more appropriate here (I'm never in this thread; I tend to think everyone on this forum is miserable, but its no wonder if I'm never where the happiness happens :P).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187443 on: October 10, 2018, 10:39:27 am »

This morning, I was showered, had my teeth brushed, had clean clothes picked out (that matched, even, or at least what I think matches; who knows), was clean-shaven, deodorized, and everything else this morning.

The way you're phrasing it makes it sound like someone else doing all these things for you; showering you, shaving you, etcetera. So either it's an uncommon form of past tense, or you have an extremely strong and versatile servant and they deserve some praise.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #187444 on: October 10, 2018, 11:01:31 am »

That's why he is so happy - he's got a servant to pamper him :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187445 on: October 10, 2018, 12:52:23 pm »

I also had a pretty good day today. Got to be very friendly and social at work today (despite that my job consists of me being trapped in a room by myself), got to get a good workout at the gym punching the heavy bag until I was sweaty and worn out, and I decided to stop crying into my baby diaper and get back to playing online Mahjong (that I complained about in the slightly sad thread) and got some good games in. I ranked up to 9 kyuu as well; and google informs me that kyuu is just Japanese for 9, so I ranked up to 9-9. I'm sure that that's the lowest rank possible, but hey, I ranked up to it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187446 on: October 10, 2018, 03:08:22 pm »

After a lengthy wait, I found out my kid's wrist fracture is basically the best kind of fracture and everything is going to be fine.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #187447 on: October 10, 2018, 03:13:03 pm »

The best kind? Does your kid have wrist-related superpowers now?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187448 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:25 pm »

It is a time fracture, and will allow him to slow time in his immediate vicinity when threatened. There is also the theoretical possibility of a catastrophic rupture in reality itself, but if that happens we won't really have to worry about it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187449 on: October 10, 2018, 03:46:37 pm »

I'm no expert on child neuroscience, but is it possible that having one hand immobile will give him a more practice with the other hand, and therefore a likelier chance of handedness in that hand? That's probably not how it works.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187450 on: October 10, 2018, 03:50:29 pm »

That actually is a possibility, but I believe he is old enough that his dominant hand is likely set. However that's the broke one, so who knows.

The ever-reliable WebMD states it can take as little as two weeks for your brain to officially adapt.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #187451 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:43 pm »

Just.... from personal experience, don't caress your opponent while you have them pinned down. They don't like that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187452 on: October 10, 2018, 08:07:26 pm »

I have weird stretchy joints that made martial arts instructors uncomfortable, because they could do holds on me that were supposed to be painful but i was like nope doesn't hurt and it worried them. But then after a while they were like ha ha ok Duna come over here so everyone can see how this works for realsies.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187453 on: October 11, 2018, 12:21:29 am »

Today i went shopping and found insoles for my shoes that seem to help a little with the pain i have in the ball of my foot after work, and new sweat pants and tee shirts. There was also pullsed pork sandwiches for lunch from a local restaurant which was awesome.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187454 on: October 11, 2018, 07:25:00 am »

I have weird stretchy joints that made martial arts instructors uncomfortable, because they could do holds on me that were supposed to be painful but i was like nope doesn't hurt and it worried them. But then after a while they were like ha ha ok Duna come over here so everyone can see how this works for realsies.

Building muscle helps to improve stability and helps against being weaker generally because their joints don't lock in the strongest position. I think stretching is actually not recommended for people with hypermobility. Joint locks are probably definitely not a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 12495 12496 [12497] 12498 12499 ... 13310