Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12521 12522 [12523] 12524 12525 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646769 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187830 on: November 08, 2018, 07:33:14 am »

I did two of those things. So you're doing twice as well as me!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187831 on: November 08, 2018, 03:50:02 pm »

Jokes aside I find "uncle again" deeply concerning and potentially depressing.

Well my mother got in a big fight with my sister/brother in law and so the end result is i havent seen my niece or nephews for a few years because theyre being petty assholes. Also they live like 200 miles away now.

Its fucking stupid, but basically im stuck living with my parents because unlike my brother i dont seem to have any luck finding jobs that pay more than minimum wage or an endless stream of roommates/girlfriends to split the bills with.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:52:44 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #187832 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:37 pm »

Experimenting with asian-style foods. And when I say experimenting, I don't mean "Following recipes" but "Finding a recipe and modifying it a fair bit".

It's... surprisingly enjoyable.

Cooking is a part of adulthood which I find surprisingly enjoyable, though I've only been at it for about two years now. It's relaxing, I get to play music while I do it, and there's (hopefully) something tasty at the end of it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187833 on: November 08, 2018, 07:03:53 pm »

I came out to my boss, and it went well.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #187834 on: November 08, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »

Experimenting with asian-style foods.
You mean white people food with coconut milk added in? :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187835 on: November 08, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »

Heh yeah, that's a good point.  I'm usually too lazy to do anything more complicated that "boil all these nutritious things together with carbs", but I really enjoyed helping prepare dinner at my dad's last night because I was working with someone.  And what a variety we had!  Stewed beans and potatoes sure, but also fried zucchini and yellow squash, saffron rice (would have been overboiled AND underwatered without my help heh) and then the centerpiece: the fish they'd caught.  Was a nice meal, and a learning/practicing experience, and a nice chance to talk with someone I'd... kinda ignored recently, causing offense without really meaning offense.  The shared experience relieved us both of that baggage.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187836 on: November 09, 2018, 05:55:13 am »

Huh, I have no idea how many brats my sisters have spit out now, they're adults doing their own things around the country, I don't really have any reason to bother with shit as annoying as social media just to keep track of whatever they're doing. They're family and all but I don't really care what they're up to anymore, I barely keep in touch with my mom because she's fun to bullshit with now and then. I'm not an uncle because I don't care to be, maybe I'll meet their kids and think they're cool enough little monsters to add them to my family, maybe not.

I don't engage in bookfacery anymore, so why add unnecessary tags to my identity, the missus and I are so much happier without the bullshit of trying to keep track of all these links and engage in interactions with them, and have been consistently so in the two years since we dropped that shit.

You want a happy thought: contrary to what you may hear, you totally do get to choose your family. I have 5 sisters and a mother, some of them claim to have another sister and a father for their own reasons, but I am not family with those two. They have husbands or whatnot that might think I was a brother-in-law or something if asked, but unless I find a reason to add them to my family they're just dudes my sisters are with, the missus has a brother, but he's kind of an ass and his wife is shitty, so they are not ny family, simple as that. They come over sometimes for thanksgiving or whatever, I remember being asked to associate with them and then realizing I didn't enjoy doing so, so I just stopped, much happier.

You can accept definitions given to you by others if you wish, but you'll be happier if you actually examine them critically and choose to adopt them yourself, I owe my mother respect and such for crapping me into life, she'll always be my family, but I have no obligation to link myself to this extended group of strangers and potentially annoying interactions because she defines them as her family, so I don't. Neat!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187837 on: November 09, 2018, 10:24:53 am »

Those worth the effort will make the effort or make it with your effort, yeh? I get that, I have pretty much no connections with extended family. I'm close with my siblings, at least, and I'm grateful for that- that's mostly all I need. Parents are great, too, but they're set in their ways, and a little bit cloying and smotherly- I fear the day they'll take on old-people-smell. Not sure I'm ready to watch them grow old just yet...

On this note, I'm happy because I don't have to visit my gran this weekend! Woo!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187838 on: November 09, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

:o

That's a sentiment.

My own happy(?)

I have a date tonight.  Well, date is strong for it, but I feel happy to have the experience.  As in, I feel I need the social experience to sharpen my ability to capture future mates.  As in, I mean it about as how I phrased it.  I feel like I'm using this opportunity, this human being, as a child would use a practice toy to strengthen their tie to a profession.

Is that odd?  Should I feel guilty?  Or even happy for it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187839 on: November 09, 2018, 10:36:02 am »

:o

That's a sentiment.

My own happy(?)

I have a date tonight.  Well, date is strong for it, but I feel happy to have the experience.  As in, I feel I need the social experience to sharpen my ability to capture future mates.  As in, I mean it about as how I phrased it.  I feel like I'm using this opportunity, this human being, as a child would use a practice toy to strengthen their tie to a profession.

Is that odd?  Should I feel guilty?  Or even happy for it?

If you're simply toying with them, you should feel guilt. If you're both going out for an evening of enjoying yourselves and -also- making use of the experience it offers, that's ideal.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187840 on: November 09, 2018, 10:43:19 am »

Well it's not that I won't enjoy myself, but doesn't the suductor feel pleasure when he engages with a woman knowing he will eventually leave her as a foregone conclusion?

Or the woman with a guy?

I don't know if 'it will bring enjoyment to both of us' can justify my short-term involvement with another.  I guess that's what I'm wondering about.  I never did believe wholly that the greatest good was about the happiness of the most people.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187841 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »

Well it's not that I won't enjoy myself, but doesn't the suductor feel pleasure when he engages with a woman knowing he will eventually leave her as a foregone conclusion?

Or the woman with a guy?

I don't know if 'it will bring enjoyment to both of us' can justify my short-term involvement with another.  I guess that's what I'm wondering about.  I never did believe wholly that the greatest good was about the happiness of the most people.
I would say that as long as you respect the other person, you're fine.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187842 on: November 09, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »

Just be honest with her and say that you're only dating her as "a practice toy" to "sharpen [your] ability to capture future mates." See what happens.

Oh, and wear your finest fedora.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #187843 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:18 pm »

Just be honest with her and say that you're only dating her as "a practice toy" to "sharpen [your] ability to capture future mates." See what happens.

"M'lady."
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187844 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »

Oh, my bad, I tried to help, when what would've been more in-character would've been -

"Oh how difficult your life is. My thoughts and prayers go out to you in this troubling time.  I wish I could take this immeasurable burden of attractiveness and desirability from you, if only it would make your life easier."

So yeah, fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 12521 12522 [12523] 12524 12525 ... 13312