Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12522 12523 [12524] 12525 12526 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646606 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187845 on: November 09, 2018, 03:12:59 pm »

:o my feelz guyz
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187846 on: November 09, 2018, 03:13:31 pm »

Is that odd?  Should I feel guilty?  Or even happy for it?
contra super, you're doing nothing out of the ordinary, and your overly dramatic phrasing tells me that you do feel guilt, for which I am more than happy to absolve you: you are doing nothing out of the ordinary, and it is perfectly fine to date a person with no expectation that it will "go anywhere". The way you describe the event suggests that you have inhaled an excess of ideology at some point that has left you feeling like you are doing something wrong. Exhale freely.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187847 on: November 09, 2018, 03:19:28 pm »

contra super, you're doing nothing out of the ordinary, and your overly dramatic phrasing tells me that you do feel guilt, for which I am more than happy to absolve you: you are doing nothing out of the ordinary, and it is perfectly fine to date a person with no expectation that it will "go anywhere". The way you describe the event suggests that you have inhaled an excess of ideology at some point that has left you feeling like you are doing something wrong. Exhale freely.

While I agree with Max on this, he's not a beacon of morality.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187848 on: November 09, 2018, 03:19:36 pm »

It sounds like you're going out on a fukkin' date for fun and not expecting it to become a long-term relationship. Otherwise known as going out on a fukkin' date. For fun. Please keep in mind that women also go out on dates for fun and don't necessarily expect long-term anything out of it. She is probably thinking "Yeah, this guy doesn't seem likely to strangle me in the taxi. Why not".

The only reason you should feel guilt is if you don't actually like anything about her to begin with and are dating her with the explicit intention that you won't go out with her again regardless of how your date goes, because that is otherwise known as abusing people to feel powerful. Which is wrong.

Anyway enjoy your date.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187849 on: November 09, 2018, 03:27:18 pm »

ok.  I guess I have, because I do feel obligated to perform. More than usual too...

i think I feel overburdened. for reasons
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:29:06 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187850 on: November 09, 2018, 03:38:12 pm »

Well it's not that I won't enjoy myself, but doesn't the suductor feel pleasure when he engages with a woman knowing he will eventually leave her as a foregone conclusion?
Dude, that's basically dating in a nutshell.
Unless you acquired this date through a dating website on which you claimed to be "looking for a serious relationship", you're fine. Hell, even if you did, I don't think anyone takes that stuff seriously anyway. It's just a date.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187851 on: November 09, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »

Ya it's not exploitation if you are just asking someone to go out and have mutual fun. You're the only one that knows what you're doing it for, make your choice accordingly.

Sounds like you should go out and have fun with another human being as planned. Yay!
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #187852 on: November 09, 2018, 03:52:14 pm »

:o

That's a sentiment.

My own happy(?)

I have a date tonight.  Well, date is strong for it, but I feel happy to have the experience.  As in, I feel I need the social experience to sharpen my ability to capture future mates.  As in, I mean it about as how I phrased it.  I feel like I'm using this opportunity, this human being, as a child would use a practice toy to strengthen their tie to a profession.

Honestly just stop thinking about it.  Most relationships don't last anyway, as long as you keep the other person's feelings in mind (which is part of what you're learning to do anyway) what you're doing here isn't out of the ordinary.

That being said don't tell them anything that's a lie about your feelings.  Like if you still view this as a trial run don't tell them about how you can imagine yourself with them a year from now or whatever.  There's ways to be honest about things without stating them bluntly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187853 on: November 09, 2018, 04:57:38 pm »

I was like 'wait, which Max, because I've got my own beacon of morality and I make things for her' since I grew up training to become a monster so I could kill a bigger monster which ended up offing itself like a bitchass punk instead of the rather protracted fashion I had planned out over years so I was relieved at not having to get rid of a body but raw over not getting to do it myself and thus am not always the nicest person deep down, but she is like... puppy sweet.

She feels bad for thinking mean things about somebody, even if she doesn't tell anybody about them. So I try to be a better human for her because she's easily my favorite one of ya'll, which is why I enjoy making things for her, even if it ends up hurting me a little.

I told her to give me the wooden rings I made her the other day, she was like "but... mine" and then I put facets on them and she was ok with it again. Whipped up a drop spindle so she can turn her yarn scraps into some crazy mixed yarn apparently, made it look like a unicorn horn because fuck it why not, and having a spinning motif makes it easier to see when it slows down before it unwinds.

Still prototyping the hinge design in my head, the sliding dovetail hinges were too delicate as I was trying to go with a two piece design instead of needing a pin to connect them which I'm leaning towards now to save myself the annoyance of another snapped carving or slashing my finger with my ridiculously sharp saws again.

Damn things are so sharp my reflex from even the tiniest bump or ding now is to freeze and find a bandaid, if I don't move they generally don't bleed due to how crisp the cuts are, sometimes I don't notice and then I'm trying to figure out how I got blood on something I'm cutting.

Oh, the weird little four prong thing is a double lucet apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ND9t2AVYw

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187854 on: November 09, 2018, 05:23:11 pm »

:blink:

Well, I'm not the sort of person who'd feel the need to say that, so I feel like I'm doing fine on balance, here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187855 on: November 09, 2018, 05:44:08 pm »

This book (A Flag For Sunrise by Robert Stone) is so bloody good.
At first I would think "oh, that's a great line," or "what a powerful passage," but now I've gotten into the rhythm of the prose and every line is great, they just run one into the other in their own unique style and the end result ends up reading like some sort of uneasily beautiful dream.
The quotable moments are more and more frequent and have become impossible to choose between. It's gotten to the point that I have to simply recommend the entire book rather than cherry-picking bits to share.

I'm probably going to finish it during my flight at this rate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187856 on: November 09, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »

YOU CAN FLY HOLY SHIT WHAT

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187858 on: November 09, 2018, 09:03:59 pm »

I have improved upon my noodly, eggy chicken broth... thing.
It now tastes nice, as opposed to passable.
I recommend msg free mushroom seasoning.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187859 on: November 09, 2018, 09:48:39 pm »

ok.  I guess I have, because I do feel obligated to perform. More than usual too...

i think I feel overburdened. for reasons
This went well.  Actually, I rather liked her, for the most part.  Hardcore martial artist and teacher, upfront and blunt, and not nearly as boring as might be implied.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 12522 12523 [12524] 12525 12526 ... 13312