Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12544 12545 [12546] 12547 12548 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14601787 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188175 on: November 28, 2018, 12:20:57 pm »

Congratulations!

I'm sure she'll be a sweet little girl.  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188176 on: November 28, 2018, 01:23:18 pm »

Yessss hooray! Wife and I want to have another one as soon as we stop being poor.

Can we have adorable newborn pictures or is that weird? When we had our last baby I caught myself holding up the Target cashier line so I could show baby pics to the cashier for like 15m. Everyone was very understanding.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188177 on: November 28, 2018, 03:54:47 pm »

Maybe after they get home, and if my wife agrees.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188178 on: November 28, 2018, 05:33:37 pm »

When we had our last baby I caught myself holding up the Target cashier line so I could show baby pics to the cashier for like 15m.
You are the kind of person I hate /halfjoking

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188179 on: November 28, 2018, 06:17:54 pm »

Steam Link is $2.50 while supplies last.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188180 on: November 28, 2018, 10:38:10 pm »

My OpenGL Thomson sphere thing correctly does the thing
My brain is full of fuck, who the hell is Thomson and why is his sphere made of tetrahedra with rectangular faces which I don't even think exist?

I agree that destroying a well made antique is just wrong.

That's why I suggested a superficial etchant treatment. (it removes just a few microns of material off the surface, leaving a diffuse-color area against the polished surface of the blade. 2-tone images can be put on the blade surface, and it can still be fully functional.)

Here's an example, where the technique was used to put the maker's mark on the blade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is decidedly NOT "putting paint and glitter on"-- the blade would be fully functional after application.
Ah, blade etching is a neat thing, as is laser etching, I'll probably stamp my spines when I make my first few... need to figure out how to do that I suppose.

Not sure where I learned how to make saws in the first place but hey!
Those are the second set of teeth I've cut into a blank, first ones I've done that I'm completely happy with, but I've sharpened lots of saws since the first time I cut teeth so it's a lot easier to get it right now. Cute little dude cuts like a full grown saw even.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188181 on: November 28, 2018, 11:00:16 pm »

My brain is full of fuck, who the hell is Thomson and why is his sphere made of tetrahedra with rectangular faces which I don't even think exist?
Thomson's a physicist from around the turn of the 19th-20th centuries who asked, if electrons have negative charges and atoms as a whole have neutral charges, where the electrons can go along the inside surface of a sphere to minimize the potential energy of the system.  Basically, looking for stable minima given that they all will repel each other: for instance, two electrons will push each other to opposite sides of the sphere.  This is a good look at a couple basic solutions, and this is a bit more detail.  He also came up with one of the early models for an atom, consisting of a whole bunch of negatively-charged electrons embedded in a positively-charged cloud (plum pudding), which foundered ultimately on the discovery of a small, positively-charged nucleus which we know today comprises protons and neutrons.

Definitely an interesting vid. 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #188182 on: November 29, 2018, 06:13:26 am »

Finally have internet again since Monday morning. Grumble.

At least I'll be able to finish all the imporant things I got to do.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188183 on: November 29, 2018, 06:28:37 am »

I've been checking out some readings of Chick Tracts on YouTube, so I can tell you that electrons don't even really exist in the atomic model and the only thing holding protons together is Jesus.

Just to dispel any misinformation.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188184 on: November 29, 2018, 06:49:31 am »

I agree that destroying a well made antique is just wrong.

That's why I suggested a superficial etchant treatment. (it removes just a few microns of material off the surface, leaving a diffuse-color area against the polished surface of the blade. 2-tone images can be put on the blade surface, and it can still be fully functional.)

Here's an example, where the technique was used to put the maker's mark on the blade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is decidedly NOT "putting paint and glitter on"-- the blade would be fully functional after application.
Ah, blade etching is a neat thing, as is laser etching, I'll probably stamp my spines when I make my first few... need to figure out how to do that I suppose.

Not sure where I learned how to make saws in the first place but hey!
Those are the second set of teeth I've cut into a blank, first ones I've done that I'm completely happy with, but I've sharpened lots of saws since the first time I cut teeth so it's a lot easier to get it right now. Cute little dude cuts like a full grown saw even.

No need to be coy Max, we're all friends here, we know you thought that saw in your workshop was looking mighty sexy one day, and one thing leads to another, and you're the father of a cute newborn saw. Raise it well Max, it's looking up to you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188185 on: November 29, 2018, 07:48:41 am »

I'm feeling slightly better than yesterday (and this is almost assuredly some kind of stomach bug, I haven't lost all my alcohol tolerance overnight), but I was still slightly worried about making the trip into the capital for a psychiatric appointment today (technically "psychomotor physiotherapy"), as it's a somewhat draining commute and there are plenty of public transit situations where you don't exactly have the opportunity to sneak off to the loo and practice vomitbending every time the need arises...

But, lo and behold, I receive a call at 8:30 AM telling me that Mrs. Psychomotor had to cancel the appointment because she's at home with a sick child. Finally, unequivocal proof that the cosmos is looking out for me!

Time to lie in bed and focus on my antiemetic meditation techniques!

mrkilla22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188186 on: November 30, 2018, 05:08:03 pm »

meditation is good for the soul

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188187 on: December 01, 2018, 06:44:29 pm »

No need to be coy Max, we're all friends here, we know you thought that saw in your workshop was looking mighty sexy one day, and one thing leads to another, and you're the father of a cute newborn saw. Raise it well Max, it's looking up to you.
Hey, that is absurd! The missus and I had a threesome with my dovetail saw I mean WAIT WHAT

I've now cut out two blanks without pre-existing teeth and filed teeth into them which both cut nice and look cool in a "rawr buncha minisharks" kinda way.

Made both of those small as practice, 3 inch panel saw vs my 14 inch full size, and 6x1 inch dovetail vs my 10x2 inch full size. The way I figure, if you can make something well in 1/2 or 1/3 scale or even smaller from scratch you can go full size comfortably. Now to collect my last few implements (files, fresh hacksaw blade, another pack of sex bolts) and I'll be ready to take the plunge and order some steel and brass sheets to make saws to sell!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #188188 on: December 02, 2018, 02:57:13 am »

How positively dentist-like.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188189 on: December 02, 2018, 03:09:36 am »

Hey, that is absurd! The missus and I had a threesome with my dovetail saw I mean WAIT WHAT

I've now cut out two blanks without pre-existing teeth and filed teeth into them which both cut nice and look cool in a "rawr buncha minisharks" kinda way.

Made both of those small as practice, 3 inch panel saw vs my 14 inch full size, and 6x1 inch dovetail vs my 10x2 inch full size. The way I figure, if you can make something well in 1/2 or 1/3 scale or even smaller from scratch you can go full size comfortably. Now to collect my last few implements (files, fresh hacksaw blade, another pack of sex bolts) and I'll be ready to take the plunge and order some steel and brass sheets to make saws to sell!

Neat.  You might want to experiment with etching blades so you can put your mark on them.

Normal metal etching solution is a 60-40 mix of muriatic (HCl) and Nitric (HNO4) acids.  You can probably use commercially prepped glass etch solution instead.

The process is simple-- paint the blade with melted bee's wax to lay down the resist layer, then use a wooden stylus to expose areas of the blade you want to be treated with the etchant.   Dip/paint/swab etchant over the area to be treated, and wait for desired level of etching.

Pages: 1 ... 12544 12545 [12546] 12547 12548 ... 13312