Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12553 12554 [12555] 12556 12557 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550399 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188310 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:27 pm »

If your brother has a contract, surely there is something about disciplinary policy in it, or in some sort of handbook? ‘cause your brother could, should he so desire, kick up a stink about discrimination if they didn’t follow the policy, which is presumably “written, verbal, strong verbal/suspension, out” unless it’s gross something or other.

Unless “grossly outperforming his peers” is a bad thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188311 on: December 15, 2018, 07:13:49 pm »

I would say the situation is more like this:

"Oh shit, we have too much work because we overbid a contract, and now have to deliver! Make it happen!"

(time passes, people work extra, money gets paid to "make it happen")

"Oh shit! Our financials are terrible! How can we cheese it, to make the money issue go away?!"
(Looks over recent expenses-- sees lots of overtime. Looks for ways to cut it without looking like they approved it.)

The "I must not tell lies" angle a-la harry potter is just management being confronted by senior management, and not having the balls to admit or assert "You guys rammed a contract at us that we could not satisfy without the overtime, and told us to make it happen, and we did. The fact that it was unprofitable was YOUR problem. Slavery is illegal, and we have to pay our people extra to meet the unreasonable expectations you have set. Every action as consequences, and your actions are not exceptional to that rule."

Sadly, without a very strict paper trail to PROVE that this mess was the result of such a snowball rolling down the hill, your brother is pretty screwed. Management culture creates rules and policies that protect itself in situations like this, especially in localities that have "at will" employment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188312 on: December 15, 2018, 07:24:50 pm »

This is the UK though. They actually have labour laws.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188313 on: December 15, 2018, 08:07:06 pm »

If your brother has a contract, surely there is something about disciplinary policy in it, or in some sort of handbook? ‘cause your brother could, should he so desire, kick up a stink about discrimination if they didn’t follow the policy, which is presumably “written, verbal, strong verbal/suspension, out” unless it’s gross something or other.

Unless “grossly outperforming his peers” is a bad thing.
Yea, normal procedure went out the window. We were considering pursuing it, but he's gone now and there's not really any point. The only way I can describe it is that these adults were picking on him.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188314 on: December 15, 2018, 10:12:04 pm »

...also no coffee, sugar, or alcohol for what that's worth.
Um, well, gosh. o_________o
I'm honestly not sure how I would cope (with life in general, not veganism) without coffee and alcohol, but you do you fam.

This kinda. I don't do caffeine or sugar really but without alcohol or an alternative, I'd Cobain myself so fast.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188315 on: December 17, 2018, 01:29:31 pm »

1) My kid ain't had a night terror in a few days now
2) I realized I can make as many horrible pun-based dad jokes as I want at all the teenagers in my office and they can't stop me hahaha yes who have i become ha ha ha ha
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188316 on: December 17, 2018, 01:33:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:17:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188317 on: December 17, 2018, 04:04:31 pm »

I just got home and we decided, fuck the situation, fuck the government and the lack of time or energy, we are going to put up Christmas decorations! I took out of the box the three that had like 4 years without seen the light of day (we use artificial trees here) and put on some music while goofing around with our baby.

We hardly have anything to celebrate, but what few we have is worth celebrating, hard!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188318 on: December 17, 2018, 04:13:21 pm »

:) Merry Christmas Baal! And may the New Year bring good things and a payoff for your efforts.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188319 on: December 17, 2018, 04:18:26 pm »

I'm sure the baby thought there was plenty to celebrate. Good job :)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #188320 on: December 17, 2018, 05:53:45 pm »

I just got home and we decided, fuck the situation, fuck the government and the lack of time or energy, we are going to put up Christmas decorations! I took out of the box the three that had like 4 years without seen the light of day (we use artificial trees here) and put on some music while goofing around with our baby.

We hardly have anything to celebrate, but what few we have is worth celebrating, hard!

That right there. That sounds like a perfect Christmas. I think if a crack team of scientists took samples from every Norman Rockwell Christmas in the world and put it in a beaker full of ground up Santa hats and mixed it together while Bing Crosby sang directly into the bottle, the resulting potion would only be like, 63.4% of how much of a "Real Christmas" you've got there.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188321 on: December 17, 2018, 09:43:22 pm »

I'm sure the baby thought there was plenty to celebrate. Good job :)
Indeed. :) Giving the baby reason to celebrate is all the reason you need. Merry Christmas!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188322 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »

The movie posters for the new Sonic Hedgehog movie make me laugh in a terrifying sort of way. A mildly terrifying "Oh no what happened to his legs why are they like that" sort of way.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188323 on: December 17, 2018, 09:59:27 pm »

Oh good gods. That is... rather terrifying. o_o   
Is this going to be a thing, now? Every animated franchise up and sallies forth to plunge fearlessly into the uncanny valley for no apparent reason other than to make the viewing public's skin crawl?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188324 on: December 17, 2018, 10:03:22 pm »

Oh good gods. That is... rather terrifying. o_o   
Is this going to be a thing, now? Every animated franchise up and sallies forth to plunge fearlessly into the uncanny valley for no apparent reason other than to make the viewing public's skin crawl?   

What? I don't know what you're talking about. Here's Benicio Del Toro as Swiper the Fox.
Pages: 1 ... 12553 12554 [12555] 12556 12557 ... 13312