Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12576 12577 [12578] 12579 12580 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555203 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188655 on: January 08, 2019, 05:57:14 am »

Kevin who?
>:( That had better be a joke.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188656 on: January 08, 2019, 08:12:50 am »

The sheriff of Nottingham played by Alan Rickman.

I spent a lot of the Christmas holidays running a little introspective mental program in the back of my head, and I think it's actually helped a fair bit.

I feel more confident, happier, and I at least feel more empathetic.

So basically I've had a small amount of psychological self-improvement. I also need to talk to two people that helped with it. I doubt either of them are aware that they did so, and it'd be nice to let them know.

I have also maintained a good mood since the start of the year via cognitive nonsense, and I’m conseuqently pleased with myself for having done so. I am successfully ignoring the voice saying this will all be temporary and end soon, because why shouldn’t I enjoy it while it lasts, eh?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188657 on: January 08, 2019, 08:16:46 am »

I gots me a new keyboard. I was starting to like using the onscreen keyboard, it felt very minimalist and like I had to put thought into every letter, but I guess it was just too restrictive so I had to get a new one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188658 on: January 08, 2019, 09:17:05 am »

...I just realised I went through that whole conversation about a Robin Hood film thinking we were talking about Men In Tights, after misreading something somewhere along the way. :-[
It's been long enough since I saw that movie as a kid that I figured I might have simply forgotten about Kevin Costner being in it... I guess this means I am very much overdue for a re-watch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188660 on: January 08, 2019, 10:26:25 am »

...I just realised I went through that whole conversation about a Robin Hood film thinking we were talking about Men In Tights, after misreading something somewhere along the way. :-[
It's been long enough since I saw that movie as a kid that I figured I might have simply forgotten about Kevin Costner being in it... I guess this means I am very much overdue for a re-watch.
Something like that happened to me many moons ago. I was with my cousins zapping channels and suddenly Wild Kevin Costner movie appears. I confused it with Men In Tights and remember it being hysterical, so I tell them to leave it on because we all going to laugh a lot. Cue to the scene were they try to hang a child.... the looks my cousins gave me.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188661 on: January 08, 2019, 10:51:53 am »

Kevin who?
>:( That had better be a joke.   
I don't watch shit with him in it, he's awful.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188662 on: January 08, 2019, 10:53:53 am »

But how can you say that when water world is the epitome of human accomplishments!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188663 on: January 08, 2019, 11:03:41 am »

Never seen it, never saw his "magical white guy saves the day" movie either.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188664 on: January 08, 2019, 01:07:00 pm »

But how can you say that when water world is the epitome of human accomplishments!
I loved Water World, but it was my first PG13 movie so I may be biased :P
I'm certainly not rewatching it to find out!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188665 on: January 08, 2019, 01:23:25 pm »

Much of what you consider bombs there are factually wildly popular outside US. I personally don't disliked waterworld or thought of it as a disaster, many people here loved and when was released on TV people liked too. Also I don't really think is the epitome of human accomplishments, that would be Deadpool 1.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188666 on: January 08, 2019, 01:40:10 pm »

I like movies about jet skis and secret islands and stuff. Therefore I liked Waterworld. Not everything has to be deep.

:>
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188667 on: January 08, 2019, 01:47:35 pm »

Not everything has to be deep.
This, it seems people forgot that movies are simply entrainment and nothing else if you don't want it to be. Not every movie needs to convey a message or make a statement or make you contemplate on your errors. In fact when a movie tries this I actually end up feeling more enraged than entertained.

Take avatar (the blue one, not the monk). This Evil Industrial Man vs Good Nature that is hammered in the movie has me rooting for the humans at every turn. I do love the movie but I can't help but root for mankind and hope the sequels just somehow show us winning.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188668 on: January 08, 2019, 01:50:40 pm »

Or 300! Half of my friends apparently expected it to be documentary and got upset when it was comprised of cave trolls and clever taglines instead. Why do people hate fun.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188669 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:56 pm »

Not everything has to be deep.
This, it seems people forgot that movies are simply entrainment and nothing else if you don't want it to be. Not every movie needs to convey a message or make a statement or make you contemplate on your errors. In fact when a movie tries this I actually end up feeling more enraged than entertained.

Take avatar (the blue one, not the monk). This Evil Industrial Man vs Good Nature that is hammered in the movie has me rooting for the humans at every turn. I do love the movie but I can't help but root for mankind and hope the sequels just somehow show us winning.
I enjoy movies when they're actually fun, costner isn't fun, never seen avatar though it's another magical white man movie, while 300 was stupid fun.
Pages: 1 ... 12576 12577 [12578] 12579 12580 ... 13312