Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12578 12579 [12580] 12581 12582 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14559455 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188685 on: January 08, 2019, 08:32:21 pm »

Definitely not related to aliens.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188686 on: January 08, 2019, 08:41:06 pm »

costner isn't fun
Wrong.
Max confirmed for a hater of fun, trying to disguise it. I rest my case.

This, it seems people forgot that movies are simply entrainment and nothing else if you don't want it to be.
...Whoa. Did you just whip that up specifically for this moment? Admirable.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188687 on: January 08, 2019, 09:06:32 pm »

Dumb fun: Pacific Rim
Stoned fun: The Big Lebowski
Maximum Fun: Fallen

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188688 on: January 08, 2019, 09:47:18 pm »

That fallen got nothing on Michael
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188689 on: January 09, 2019, 12:26:23 am »

The only one I know by that name is 2 Michael First Among the Secondborn.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188690 on: January 09, 2019, 06:39:14 am »

Dumb fun: Pacific Rim
Stoned fun: The Big Lebowski
Maximum Fun: Fallen

Oh, I'm sorry, Stoned Fun should also include Pineapple Express. Also Robin Hood was good in spite of KC because of Rickman's hilariously insane portrayal of the Sheriff. He should be remembered as Alan Motherfucking Rickman, the highest accolade an actor can receive.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188691 on: January 09, 2019, 06:46:13 am »

...was good in spite of KC
I'm sorry, what? One fun-hatin' freak who dislikes Kevin Costner is one thing, but two of them? Are we gonna need to call in an exterminatus?!     

Also if you're listing more films in those categories, how the heck did you skip over Cheech & Chong in favour of bloody Pineapple Express? ಠ_ಠ   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188692 on: January 09, 2019, 07:14:02 am »

C&C is unspoken greatness. It need not even be mentioned, so wondrous it is. It's like saying, "Let's list deities" and someone skips YHWH. Everyone knows, we meant like Zeus and Thor and shit.

Also I don't hate KC but he kinda sucked in Robin Hood.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188693 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:57 am »

Maybe facial hair just isnt stylish enough for them.

And wierd; on the topic of hair dicks transmitting stds, i would retort thar it is only reasonable in such an ecosystem that organisms have a strengthened immune system or other self defense mechanisms around these vulnerable areas for precisely that reason. Take life on earth for example; reptiles and birds literally put it in the bum because thats where their reproductive organs are meant to be accessible from, but they typically dont get life threatening infections from it; if they did, theyd all go extinct or some freaks with genitalia separate from their GI tract would be the dominant, most common phenotypes on the planet. Which we have... maybe the dinosaurs did die of stds? Who knows.

These diseases would be common logically, but arent the focus of or even an important element of the story so far, and yeah nearly nobody in hollywood understands biology anyway id figure

Here's the deal though.  You have that scene where blue chick tells magic white guy all about The birds and the bees how to use his hair tentacle to get the feels of his "totally not a horse."   Now, was there any kind of realistic "Now, before you do that, check the bundle for funky smelling discharge" or "Check for the mad-rot" or some other actual, beneficial tribal advice?

NO.

Indigenous aboriginal peoples with very shamanistic cultures have lots of such folk-wisdom, and the passing of that knowledge is part of being part of that culture and tribe. (the act of transmitting that knowledge to an outsider would, in and of itself, be a major sign of trust and acceptance) Again, there is a conspicuous lack of this.  This was an opportunity for a deeper, richer narrative that depicted the Navi as more than just Magic Space Indians. It could have depicted more than just superficial culture staples-- it could have given insights into the clearly very imaginative fauna and flora of the planet, but no.  Gotta totally cut that world development for some blue chick nookie action and thinly veiled bestiality.

Again, I saw it as "Hollywood has no idea what they are doing." along with "Typical movie goers likewise do not know what they are doing." resulting in a disgusted feeling of "Gawd, this is horrible drek, and saccharine pablum all in one bottle. Gross."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188694 on: January 09, 2019, 08:47:51 am »

I mean, does it count as bestiality if they are sapient to human levels and you are in the body of one?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #188695 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:11 am »

I mean, does it count as bestiality if they are sapient to human levels and you are in the body of one?
He was talking about the not-horse.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188697 on: January 09, 2019, 12:28:33 pm »

I'm just confused as to why sex was the one time they DIDN'T use the magic mind-meld cables. I mean, they use them for pretty much everything else, I guess the ultimate physical expression of intimacy isn't good enough for plugging in the ol' extension cord...

That, or all the bluebutts have male ends on their ponytails, while everything else on the planet evolved with female ends, and the nananas specifically filled an ecological niche of mindfucking all the other denizens.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188698 on: January 09, 2019, 01:20:52 pm »

Maybe it's a magic semi-conscious planet where literally all life is bound together in perfect psychic harmony, and that's why disease isn't a factor.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188699 on: January 09, 2019, 01:39:25 pm »

Pineapple Express is right up there with The Big Lebowski, honestly.

'You could come back as an eagle, you could come back as Jude Law, but you flake, you're gonna come back as like... an anal bead.'
"Now, hold up, who does the anal bead belong to?"
'It belongs to me!'
"Ok yeah, let's go with the eagle thing then."
Pages: 1 ... 12578 12579 [12580] 12581 12582 ... 13312