Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12625 12626 [12627] 12628 12629 ... 12891

Author Topic: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)  (Read 8788897 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189390 on: March 01, 2019, 04:53:41 am »

Fencing and taekwondo both decided yesterday should be heavy fitness day. It low-key makes you feel like you'll die, but it feels excellent afterwards.

Also, the taekwondo instructor decided to go off-script and replaced some of the stance drills with special techniques, AKA trickshots you never use in a real match but look flashy, so we got to spend the last half hour practicing scissor kicks and back kicks. Fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
You wanted the world; we'll bury you there.
This is a battle; we are the blade / And this is the line, this is the line.
All that they build we will break / This is the line.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189391 on: March 01, 2019, 09:10:55 am »

I am happy because this year´s spring is starting extremely well!

Yesterday the temperature hit 20.2°C in Slovakia and it was sunny for a week in a row.
I am the kind of person whose mood is heavily dependent on weather or season cycles so this was an amazing morale boost to my psyche.

I hope the rest of the year will be as good as it starts.
Spent a lot of hours outside for the last two days, cycling on my bike and (whoa I even sped past some other cyclists!!)
The sun finally set and I looked into the mirror and my face was red, whoa, I received a mild sunburn and the March didnt even start yet.

Feels surreal, but its nice, as I am typing the next day, my sunburn has faded into a light brown.
The concerns about global warming I saw on the internet are well deserved.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189392 on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:56 pm »

It's like someone strapped a shark fin to a whore's boot.

I laughed loudly enough at this that I got weird looks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189393 on: March 02, 2019, 02:15:31 am »

Heh, that's what it's all about, uncontrollable public bursts of laughter like I had when I was walking through Kroger's near here to grab a couple things and noticed one of the little impulse-buy type of hanging displays in the soda aisle.

Multiple sheets of cardboard with a blister packed container of some sort of knock-off silly putty toy, and the eye-catcher was big bold neon capital letters proclaiming:
MAKES
AWFUL
NOISES!!!

I am wearing house slippers because it's fun to slide around corners in them so I actually do like a panic-brake slide to a stop and double check what I thought it said before bending over at the waist and heaving up laughter.

Every time I grabbed something from my list I went through the little mental check-off process which refreshed my mental image of those bubble font words excitedly informing me of this strange product by highlighting something you would normally treat as a major flaw and declaring it to be the best fucking feature ever.

I'm crying and wheezing by the time I get back to the checkout and the poor woman there is very confused and concerned and not even Thor could help me muster up the strength to hold back the laughter so I held up a finger and ran over to the aisle (nobody else in line so she nods and says ok, starting to chuckle herself) and then I get back and show her the package and she goes through a similar "what the... oh shit..." moment before breaking down into wheezing gasping laughter too, she had to point at the display on her register because she couldn't tell me my total!
Spoiler: Whoresharkboots! (click to show/hide)
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189394 on: March 02, 2019, 06:59:57 am »

I am pleased that my self-learned mindfulness meditation based method of releasing happy-time endorphins still works.

Tonight has been shitty in both the figurative and literal senses. There is a nasty and virulent GI bug that is making the circuit around the facility, and we performed 6 full bed changes this evening.

Despite this turn of events, along with one bloody nose and appropriate biohazard precautions needing to be enacted, I am shitting motherfucking rainbows right now.

I love endorphins.  It's been awhile since I had to do this, almost forgot that I knew how.  So glad I remembered.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189395 on: March 02, 2019, 10:37:38 am »

How does one do this secret technique of happiness

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189396 on: March 02, 2019, 10:47:03 am »

One puges the world of infidels.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189397 on: March 02, 2019, 10:56:39 am »

No.. More a combination of mindfulness type meditation type body control thing, with some self-experimentation.

I learned how to do it when doing telephone technical support.  Sadly, it does not seem to be super effective at actual cold-hard-depression.  At least not for me anyway.

And it has odd social side effects; Like being inappropriately chipper for a given situation.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189398 on: March 02, 2019, 11:04:53 am »

self-experimentation
So that's what the youngsters are calling it these days, eh? Hrmph!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189399 on: March 02, 2019, 11:13:00 am »

LOLOL

You are not the first one to make this connection Kagus.  When I mentioned it to one of my co-workers, she immediately thought I meant auto-erotic things too. 

LOL.  No, I dont mean the release of oxytocin from self-induced orgasm. But thanks for playing. :P

This is more... I dunno...

I know what it FEELS like when I have a rush of endorphins, as I have actually taken the time to appreciate that moment and sensation under more controlled conditions-- (say, with a really good bit of food or drink that is very satisfying), and I have since learned how to just... induce it... with relaxation and directed will techniques lifted from mindfulness meditation training.

Over-indulgence dulls the effectiveness I have found though; which is why I dont do it regularly.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #189400 on: March 02, 2019, 11:55:58 am »

I learned how to do it when doing telephone technical support.
Who'd have thought that the secret to happiness lie at the helpdesk?
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189401 on: March 02, 2019, 12:13:54 pm »

The self-helpdesk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189402 on: March 02, 2019, 12:15:37 pm »

I learned how to do it when doing telephone technical support.
Who'd have thought that the secret to happiness lie at the helpdesk?

I guess one has to experience hell, to truly appreciate heaven...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • No matter what... keep... keep your eyes open...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189403 on: March 02, 2019, 12:57:09 pm »

Eh, that sounds familiar. Don't remember how or why I learned it, but I can do something similar. Takes a second to get the meditative state going but once you're there it doesn't seem so hard to give yourself a little arbitrary dopamine boost.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189404 on: March 02, 2019, 01:07:05 pm »

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to jack off and still remain in the meditative state
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12625 12626 [12627] 12628 12629 ... 12891