Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12664 12665 [12666] 12667 12668 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646372 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [fuk] Endlessly shooting bombs for lootboxes (Happy thread)
« Reply #189975 on: May 04, 2019, 07:43:30 am »

Think that one is less is-gun and more is-gun-themed-waifu-murderbot? Haven't played the thing or paid much attention to it, m'self.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189976 on: May 04, 2019, 07:59:28 am »

The basic premise is as follows:

Humans develop AI-driven robots ("dolls") to serve them.
Earth suffers consecutive catastrophes (including but not limited to WWIII), decimating the human population.
The AI for a major arms manufacturer goes haywire, producing killbots that come into conflict with human survivors.
Humanity has the tech to fight back on the main front but lacks sufficient resources to defend every remaining population center from wandering bands of killbots.
Mercenary company (that the player is a newly minted officer in) gives archaic weaponry to civilian-model dolls to try and fix the above problem.

So Frumple basically has the gist of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189977 on: May 04, 2019, 09:12:43 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:38:57 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189978 on: May 04, 2019, 10:47:37 am »

I think i was like 10-12 when i saw the mario movie and it gave me nightmares.
I'm pretty sure I was a [10] when I saw the Mario movie and I was very, very confused.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189979 on: May 04, 2019, 10:54:52 am »

I loved the Mario Movie growing up, I accepted it as the videogame's canon immediately, along with the Super Mario Super Show, the Sonic the Hedgehog Cartoon, the Earthworm Jim Cartoon, and the Pacman Christmas Special that only got one airing every year.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189980 on: May 04, 2019, 11:15:11 am »

Don't you dare crack wise about Earthworm Jim that was great you monster.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #189981 on: May 04, 2019, 11:50:20 am »

Took the silver in my tournament today. Not a true reflection of my skill, because I'm not the second best epeeist in the city, but still neat.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189982 on: May 04, 2019, 11:51:54 am »

Eyyyyyy GJ
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #189983 on: May 04, 2019, 12:00:59 pm »

Noice job sword man

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #189984 on: May 04, 2019, 12:02:25 pm »

Girls Frontline?
In my Bay12?
It’s more likely than you think
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189985 on: May 04, 2019, 12:24:21 pm »

Unrelated to previous subject

James Bond is my favorite cartoon character. All his movies are on Netflix now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #189986 on: May 04, 2019, 12:28:15 pm »

James Bond is my favorite cartoon character.
Connery,Lazenby,Moore,Dalton,Brosnan, or Craig?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189987 on: May 04, 2019, 12:43:33 pm »

Good job Arx, when the fate of the world is somehow decided through a fencing battle, I'll atleast know we stand a chance.

I was reading today, and I got an idea for what might be a practical way to change the education system for the better: a change in the fundamental culture, a change in the timing in one's formative years, and a pulling back in perspective as the accumulation of knowledge becomes too much for conventional education.

Basically, I've been thinking that forcing children to spend the first 18+ years of their life in school, and then increasingly mandatorily spending 4+ years in college, is an increasingly bad idea, as the industries that qualify as being a 'success' become ever more reliant on having a heavy educational background; meaning staying in school and staying on your rear end for all of your formative years. I think this has the drawback of placing far too much emphasis on deciding one's future in the earliest portion of a person's life, forcing those same children to spend their formative years chasing after grades which *I believe* is increasing the amount of mental illness and despair in society cumulatively, and as the amount of knowledge increases just as a simple fact that we're progressing into the future and knowledge aggregates over time then more and more winds up having to get packed into that same period of schooling, making it harder for each generation's student body.

The idea is that the school system stays the same up until the age of 14, enough to give children some basic literacy in reading and math while at the same time those children are budding into young adults. Children's working laws are changed so those 14 yr olds are allowed to enter the workforce, presumably in low education and low physical requirement jobs, and encouraged to go to work. School still exists, but becomes optional, and from this point the curricula becomes harder than it is currently by virtue of being optional. By this age, young people that have a profession in mind, like doctor or lawyer, already know that that is what they want to do and have the opportunity to continue sitting on their rear, working towards it. Meanwhile, the working 14 yr olds, who are not viewed as failures or dropouts, have the opportunity to gain experience in the working world, be held to realistic (read: not scholastic) standards, obtain a sense of achievement and reward that only putting yourself out there and doing something can get, and get a head start on their own independence.

Meanwhile, "schooling" as a concept is changed to be something that occurs over an individual's entire lifetime, rather than frontloaded into all their formative years. The working young people, upon working for several years and building up their own sense of identity and self-respect, have the option to re-enter the academic world and continue their education, this time with a sense of direction and purpose. This would require a separate facilities from the one which was available to the studious 14 yr olds, one that is catered to the needs of the 18+ yr olds that have been working or perhaps just goofing off and finding themselves.

Even more schooling services are available for 30+ yr olds to allow changing careers in the middle of one's life, with government financial support to help with one's expenses and give the person breathing room to study and educate themselves; presuming they succeed at their re-education. All this is meant to be government funded btw, but I don't think that'd be a problem, as the productivity, motivation, and hopefulness of citizens would presumably be so much higher as to recoup the entire cost many times over.

And for those that decide from age 14 on that schooling just isn't for them, and either become low-class workers for their whole lives, or just decide to be permanently unemployed (for example to be a housewife/husband), atleast society didn't waste effort trying to educate them, and the individual wasn't being forced to attend a school they didn't care to attend anyway for those years of their childhoods'.

This is a rough idea, I'm just thoughtlessly vomiting it into words as soon as I'm thinking of it, and it's hopelessly idealistic to boot. I'm just under the impression that the globalist world we live in that so strongly demands that our young people be highly educated when just entering the work force is becoming unsustainable and unhealthy, and it needs to be reformed sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:46:33 pm by JoshuaFH »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189988 on: May 04, 2019, 12:46:38 pm »

James Bond is my favorite cartoon character.
Connery,Lazenby,Moore,Dalton,Brosnan, or Craig?

I've been told to watch them in a certain chronological order, and currently I've only been exposed to Connery and Moore. So far I'm less surprised that he blows his cover in the first 5 minutes and still wins at the end, and more so that he doesn't have his own sexual harassment law named after him.

Also check it out http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/sonic_movie_director_promises_to_change_controversial_design
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:22:57 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #189989 on: May 04, 2019, 02:32:42 pm »

I'm really not sure just how much actual redesigning they can fit into six months, if anything sonic might end up looking even more terrifying.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 12664 12665 [12666] 12667 12668 ... 13312