Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12688 12689 [12690] 12691 12692 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555581 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190336 on: June 27, 2019, 05:44:34 pm »

Boo. Cold weather is comfy weather.
agree
+1

I am unlikely to get decent sleep for the next three or four months because ITISNIGHTTIMEITSHOULDNTBETHOSGODDAMNHOT
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190337 on: June 27, 2019, 05:50:43 pm »

Oh. Yeah, that. Sorta'. If it weren't for the AC i'd probably be just straight up dead, either due to weather exposure or suicide. All praise air conditioning, savior of lives, collaborative destroyer of worlds.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190338 on: June 27, 2019, 05:53:56 pm »

Oh, also, according to the weather app this morning, 8 of the next 9 days have a chance for thunderstorms.

Upon checking it just now, 6 of the next 9 days have a chance for thunderstorms, and one day of rain.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #190339 on: June 27, 2019, 06:20:50 pm »

Meanwhile, here in The South... I really wish it was kind of cold right now. Last week was chilly, but yesterday was damn hot and today is just... fine.

I want cold now because I know Summer's going to be very unpleasant, and I'd rather have the memory of being able to wear more than one layer of clothes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190340 on: June 27, 2019, 06:33:36 pm »

Spoiler: Dwarfy? Dwarfy. (click to show/hide)

I am six three, and yet I named myself Dwarfy on these forums. That has nothing to do with height, and everything to do with admiration - of honour, crafts(dwarf)ship and familial bonds.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190341 on: June 27, 2019, 09:56:48 pm »

Honestly, the prevalence of winter-loving freaks on this forum makes me wonder if I might not actually be one of the lizard people.
Maybe I should run for office.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190342 on: June 27, 2019, 11:11:20 pm »

I like spring and fall personally.

But that is not why i came to this thread.  I have the day off and i am making delicious blueberry cobbler. I intend to have a deadly high blood sugar and potato my butt in front of a game console with fresh hot cobbler and vanilla icecream and pretend the horrible night last night never happened. :)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190343 on: June 28, 2019, 02:31:57 am »

I love winter because it's beautiful, the classic "I can always add more layers" but really though, and I feel more comfortable with more clothes on.  Plus "Thank fuck this isn't muggy summer"

It's currently muggy summer.  Even now at like 3:30AM I'm still sweating.  This sucks and I hate it.  I love winter despite its flaws and it makes me happy.

Autumn is still my favorite, honestly because it's the nice parts of winter without the bite.  Such a relief, not to mention Halloween and other harvest traditions.

Spring is actually really nice though too.  Winter relents, and the forests return to life.  Green everywhere (even ub my nobe) in a celebration of rebirth.

Trying to focus on happy thoughts in this thread
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190344 on: June 28, 2019, 03:44:58 am »

I really like both. Winter because it's beautiful, summer because it's weather you want to go outside in.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190345 on: June 28, 2019, 04:24:23 am »

That's why my favourite is spring. It's sunny and warm enough for you to go outside and be in the sun but not yet so hot you have to be on the lookout for shadow. And the sun is warm and welcoming.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190346 on: June 28, 2019, 09:35:44 am »

Found a new part time job selling tractor spare parts. The bussiness have a rather large stock of spare parts but it's closing down. They gave me the catalogue and since they don't plan on restocking almost everything is selling on cost.

I'm not very good at sales but I think this migth help gathering money to our gateway.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #190347 on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:35 am »

I really like both. Winter because it's beautiful, summer because it's weather you want to go outside in.

Incidentally, I have a question about your personal text, Dwarfy: are you referencing the original poem or Stephen King's series?

EDIT: judging by your avatar, it's the King series. I just finished reading them (not on the 19th, sadly.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:51:20 am by Eschar »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190348 on: June 28, 2019, 12:40:54 pm »

It's a reference to both, but I do like the pathos those words invoke in King's work.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190349 on: June 28, 2019, 03:10:14 pm »

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger just kinda fucked around for a bit doing sidequests"
Pages: 1 ... 12688 12689 [12690] 12691 12692 ... 13312