Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12692 12693 [12694] 12695 12696 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538892 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190395 on: July 08, 2019, 03:02:43 am »

I went to Denny's for the first time, having thought about it but demurred because it was a fairly decent drive away, but I was finally drawn in by it's 24-hours business time and I'm a nightowl with nothing better to do. God this whips the ass off what I thought was my "upscale" local diner, having gotten a big giant serving of pancakes with caramel + ice cream + bananas + crumbly bits, and at similar price to the aforementioned diner which is not half as lavish.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190396 on: July 08, 2019, 05:01:12 am »

I'm happy that I can no longer feel the ghostly reminder of plumbing grease on my hands after fixing the toilet a few days ago. The tube which the float bulb slides on has a smaller feeder tube which is supposed to seal flush with the mechanism at the top of the bulb lever but apparently it cracked and turned enough to slide far enough away that you could always hear the toilet ever so quietly drip-drip-drip filling itself up once the usual ppsssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwoooooooooofump stopped.

I suppose if I had checked up on toilet repair online first I might have avoided getting that fucking grease all over my fingers and it probably makes more sense to do that than just turning off the fill pipe and pulling stuff out of the back and seeing how it comes apart so I can put it back together right and fiddle with it until it is fixed.

At the very least I may have thought to go find some dish gloves or something because dammit I swear I washed my hands twenty times before I stopped feeling that gunk finally.

Oh, happy we don't need a plumber either.
The theme song for this boss fight in FFXIV will be stuck in your head for the rest of your life.

I never noticed the crafting tools but I only played a little back when they were getting ARR out of closed beta.

The little workbench and vises are cute, but the saws are weird, a single bolt to secure the blade, lower horns and arched neck like a european handle but pull teeth and no upper horn is kinda odd. I do kinda enjoy discovering I crafted a superior adamantite saw though.

Can't figure out why the secondary tool is a claw hammer though, a chisel mallet is a whole different animal as is a joiner's mallet which can at least be used for chisel striking, but there's never a situation where you'd want to risk marring your workpiece with a metal faced hammer... as for the claw on the back?

I knew as a 16 year old that there was a difference between a carpenter and a framer tossing various 2x4/6/12 cuts onto a foundation and bashing them together with nails and butt joints. If I'm putting something together and I need it to hold better than a properly cut joint does, I'm drilling guide holes and countersinks so I can drop flush and properly clocked screws through the joint.

If you're using nails enough to make a mistake and need to claw hammer them out, I don't think the outcome being considered fine carpentry is high on the list of your concerns.

It's a maddening sort of detail which ultimately serves no real purpose, yet has no real reason to not do it, so once you start caring you notice it everywhere and can not stop.

...but yeah, for a secondary tool as a carpenter you've got planes, chisels, rasps, scrapers, squares, marking gauges, marking knives, and if you just really want a hammer... a wood faced mallet for knocking furniture together or even a chunky-but-softer-than-steel headed mallet for chisel strokes and/or adjusting planes with a padded leather rear face/deadblow beads is far better than a frickin' claw hammer.

Been playing with the different proportions and layouts after hitting on that super fancy set of stylistic features I loved so much recently. Naturally this means I'm enjoying the opportunity to continue improving my scraper design and skill with them.

I'm eagerly waiting on a new 8 inch and 10 inch tapered medium coarse set of rasps to arrive this week as I can use those to eliminate another chunk of reasons to ever play with sandpaper.

I went to Denny's for the first time, having thought about it but demurred because it was a fairly decent drive away, but I was finally drawn in by it's 24-hours business time and I'm a nightowl with nothing better to do. God this whips the ass off what I thought was my "upscale" local diner, having gotten a big giant serving of pancakes with caramel + ice cream + bananas + crumbly bits, and at similar price to the aforementioned diner which is not half as lavish.
My mom and her geeky friends used to hang out in Denny's and roll up characters for/plot out campaigns with/straight up play Rifts and a bit of Heroes Unlimited mixed with Robotech back in the day. Being a ten year old aspie I had no interest in what they were actually doing as I had far too many books to pore over and waste huge amounts of time on before I discovered how much better Mutants and Masterminds did the stuff I always wanted to do in Palladium.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #190397 on: July 09, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »

Job interview tomorrow... and EDF 5 comes out on Thursday.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190398 on: July 09, 2019, 06:11:40 pm »

Productive thing done: Convinced young cousin I have put paranoia in their hair.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #190399 on: July 09, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »

Make sure to tell them that they might catch Hypochondria.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190400 on: July 09, 2019, 09:04:11 pm »

I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR.

I did over it. 1.5mi in 12 minutes. 55 pushups in 2 min. 70+ crunches in 2 min.

I am Adonis, wrought of bronze and sculpted by the gods.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190401 on: July 09, 2019, 09:10:24 pm »

You will be showered with adoration and attention on that boat, you glistening beacon of manhood.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190402 on: July 10, 2019, 03:39:50 am »

It's a struggle for me to do 15 pushups...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #190403 on: July 10, 2019, 04:11:30 am »

Same. I'm weak in general...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190404 on: July 10, 2019, 04:32:03 am »

If it's any consolation, my skeleton feels its trying to rip out of my flesh through my calves and shoulders.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190405 on: July 10, 2019, 05:10:20 am »

Actually... yes, yes it is  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190406 on: July 10, 2019, 06:48:45 am »

I got a cast iron pot for birthday present. I'm gonna do hipster shit to it.

Dirty, sexy hipster shit.

Same. I'm weak in general...

Let's us do a challenge. We start by doing as many push ups as we can (on-knees-pushups if we have to to begin with) and see how long it takes us to reach 15 (real) push ups not struggled!

Anyone want to join?
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190407 on: July 10, 2019, 06:56:05 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:38:24 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190408 on: July 10, 2019, 07:17:39 am »

On the subject, I am pleased to announce that I've gotten back to being able to do 20 push-ups without too much trouble.
It was quite concerning, struggling to reach 20 like I was for a moment there. Now, let's see if I'll be able to get back to doing 30 like I was once able to...       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190409 on: July 10, 2019, 11:25:28 am »

I got a cast iron pot for birthday present. I'm gonna do hipster shit to it.

Dirty, sexy hipster shit.

You're going to throw a pizza crust in it, then instead of pasta sauce and horrible processed meats you fill it with spinach-artichoke dip (heavy on cheese, no mayo) and something like olives for a bit of salt? Maybe some chunks of chicken, and Parmesan cheese on top.

For me: I'm sick/exhausted. The dog protested that I was in bed 4 hours longer than I'm supposed to be by jumping on the bed (already impressive, it's about 3x her 4-legged standing height), pinning me down with her front paws, and licking my eyelids. I explained to her that I do not negotiate with terrorists and would continue to sleep. She adjusted her weight, pressing her sharp little elbows into ribcage. I'm online now, so you can guess who won.
Pages: 1 ... 12692 12693 [12694] 12695 12696 ... 13312