Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12693 12694 [12695] 12696 12697 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14554730 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190410 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:14 pm »

On the subject, I am pleased to announce that I've gotten back to being able to do 20 push-ups without too much trouble.
It was quite concerning, struggling to reach 20 like I was for a moment there. Now, let's see if I'll be able to get back to doing 30 like I was once able to...       

Saucy Aussie joins the Swole patrol once more.

And I was just as weak as any of y'all a month or two ago. I got good lungs but I've still spent a ton of time wheezing like a heroin addicted asthmatic running up a flight of stairs in Denver.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190411 on: July 10, 2019, 05:08:08 pm »

Great googly moogly I have AC again.  Just in time, I was getting awkwardly strong and bald.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #190412 on: July 10, 2019, 05:26:52 pm »

I got a cast iron pot for birthday present. I'm gonna do hipster shit to it.

Dirty, sexy hipster shit.

You're going to throw a pizza crust in it, then instead of pasta sauce and horrible processed meats you fill it with spinach-artichoke dip (heavy on cheese, no mayo) and something like olives for a bit of salt? Maybe some chunks of chicken, and Parmesan cheese on top.
Or cook one thing in it, then toss it in the sink and don't look at it for months until it grows black mold, then look up the black mold and tell your roommates "oh yeah black means it can kill you" and the FINALLY clean the pot?

Oh sorry that's stoner things... one part of college I don't miss.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190413 on: July 10, 2019, 06:14:20 pm »

I have a cast iron skillet that makes THE FUCKING BEST pie pan.  I think I still have pictures of a peach pie I cooked in it some time back... let me check.

Spoiler: Yup, there it is! (click to show/hide)

(Love me some cast iron. Great for campfire cooking.. Assuming you know what you are doing. I loves my dutch oven, but I had to install a thermometer in the lid. Hard to judge baking temperature for campfire biscuits without it.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:33:38 pm by wierd »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190414 on: July 10, 2019, 06:34:19 pm »

That pie looks... peachy.

Seriously good looking, though. Would deffo eat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190415 on: July 10, 2019, 06:54:09 pm »

I grew the peaches; They were tree ripened, and were deffo tasty.  Too bad the tree died a few years later in the super heatwave that struck. :(

I rather like making desserts.  I get rave reviews when I take them to work... Maybe I should start photographing them.  I have an adaptation for chocolate brownies that is just the tiniest bit away from being "too chocolatey". 

What the hell-- here's the adaptation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190417 on: July 10, 2019, 07:08:44 pm »

No, instead of cutting windows into the pie, or latticing it, I decided that I would cut fancy shapes with a sharp knife, and lay them on top of the filling before baking.

Stars just seemed the right thing.  You can do any shape though.  the real hipsters do fancy shapes like leaves and shit.   I don't got that kinda time-- I want some goddamn pie.  I can cut stars out with a knife fast and easy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190418 on: July 11, 2019, 02:44:35 am »

Hershey is not in my chocolate dictionary. Not a common brand here.
Substitute with Cadburys?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190419 on: July 11, 2019, 02:54:33 am »

Dunno... Needs to be a dark chocolate, since you are adding lots of sugar with the chocolate syrup.

Wikipedia says it is a 45% cacao chocolate bar, that is semi-sweet.  I think ghirardelli has a bar with that percentage, but it does not taste the same from my experience. Special dark is more like a candy chocolate than a baking chocolate, and it results in a more hm.. I dunno, less bitter? taste, while still being nice and bold. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:00:45 am by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190420 on: July 11, 2019, 06:07:47 am »

Yesterday's DF devlog:

You can pet animals now. Necromancers can pet their zombie animals too, and the living can try too if they are foolish. Hmm, I think a necromancer might also be able to pet their zombie humanoids, due to how it does the detection.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190421 on: July 11, 2019, 08:11:11 am »

Hershey is not in my chocolate dictionary. Not a common brand here.
Substitute with Cadburys?

You'll want to go lower quality than Cadbury's to replace Hershey. They're the ones that had to develop a new aging technique for chocolate.

Not joking, people got upset that the taste and texture changed when refrigerated train cars were added, so they had to ruin the chocolate before delivering it, because the idiot customers are the ones you want to sell to. That is why most US chocolate is waxy and old tasting. They're still using a recipe from when refrigeration was new, designed to be like it spoiled, because people don't like change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190422 on: July 11, 2019, 09:30:44 am »

Indeed, but the unfortunate texture for "eating" chocolate in this case, has useful textural properties for the filling. A higher quality chocolate would be runny, not fudgey.

I totally know Hershey is a low tier chocolate; sometimes premium soft and velvety chocolate is not what you need. In this case, you need the waxier, hard chocolate.

(Also. Not their abhorrent milk chocolate. Special dark is a different beast. Hershey milk chocolate is nacky. I don't get why some of my coworkers like it. Cadbury makes vastly superior milk chocolate, but again, texture too soft, and nothe enough cacao.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:35:23 am by wierd »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190423 on: July 11, 2019, 12:14:18 pm »

Indeed, but the unfortunate texture for "eating" chocolate in this case, has useful textural properties for the filling. A higher quality chocolate would be runny, not fudgey.

I totally know Hershey is a low tier chocolate; sometimes premium soft and velvety chocolate is not what you need. In this case, you need the waxier, hard chocolate.

(Also. Not their abhorrent milk chocolate. Special dark is a different beast. Hershey milk chocolate is nacky. I don't get why some of my coworkers like it. Cadbury makes vastly superior milk chocolate, but again, texture too soft, and nothe enough cacao.)

I have used terrible ingredients for their properties before. If you need Hershey's Chocolate, they need that kind for a reason. Also, cheeze whiz instead of cheese.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190424 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:05 am »

Yesterday's DF devlog:

You can pet animals now. Necromancers can pet their zombie animals too, and the living can try too if they are foolish. Hmm, I think a necromancer might also be able to pet their zombie humanoids, due to how it does the detection.
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12693 12694 [12695] 12696 12697 ... 13312