Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12706 12707 [12708] 12709 12710 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373932 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190605 on: August 01, 2019, 07:00:43 pm »

Gonna have a dnd game tomorrow night too. Last session we evaded my brothers wonderful party-wiping encounter because I brainwashed the head honcho and the tiny poodle guy intimidated him into backing down. Can't wait to see how we can weasel our way out of the next potentially deadly encounter.

Was it too much to play as a changeling druid (with shapeshifting yet) with mind control spells at first level? Said we could play any normal or homebrew race or class and he approved it... I already put one npc in jail and impersonated a guard to get out of joining him when I fucked up my burglary.

Dragon lady and bird man also seduced the guards into letting us through without paying their toll and then used a love potion + copious booze to convince them they were having sex with the party members when they were really humping their pillows. Which is perfect because the guard can't remember enough to verify his own whereabouts, meaning I wont get caught for impersonating him. I'm not allowed to bring hard liquor to the game anymore on account of the girls having too much to drink during that one...

But he also invested in a acid lake boat puzzle that was immediately countered by our two flying party members, bird man and dragon slut, who is literally a partly-scaled elf who shape-shifts into a full dragon at will, and just momma-crocodiled us (in her mouth) across the lake. Is he just a dumb DM? Should we feel bad for fucking with him? I'm not sure. I am playing an evil character and doing whatever I can to accomplish my goals.

I love this game. If only we could get a undead meat golem piloted by a baby beholder, it would really top every previous game.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:11:25 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190606 on: August 01, 2019, 07:09:33 pm »

Being wacky with no regard to balance can still be a lot of fun!  I feel like it tends to spiral out of control so is best suited for one-off or nearly so "campaigns".  Sounds like some good creativity going on though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190607 on: August 01, 2019, 11:25:27 pm »

I ran a RL roll-to-dodge for a bunch of middle-schoolers once. I pretty much just said whatever came into my head at the time; the resulting chaos was... entertaining. :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190608 on: August 02, 2019, 03:44:38 am »

Found a rather cheap (for Russia) 3D printer, 8500 rubles, as much as a smartphone.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190609 on: August 02, 2019, 07:54:35 am »

Check the reviews very closely.  Often the cheaper ones have z axis wobble that will ruin tall prints without adding extra stabilization.  Also, not all hot-ends are created equally. Make sure it is an all-metal hot end, or you will be stuck printing PLA for the rest of eternity.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190610 on: August 02, 2019, 09:01:15 am »

Check the reviews very closely.  Often the cheaper ones have z axis wobble that will ruin tall prints without adding extra stabilization.  Also, not all hot-ends are created equally. Make sure it is an all-metal hot end, or you will be stuck printing PLA for the rest of eternity.
Reviews saying it's good, the hot-end isn't specified in the specs (it's an e-shop), as for what it can print with...

Fliament [sic]: PLA / ABS / HIPS etc

Recommend [sic] material: PLA

AliExpress, the e-shop I'll buy it from, is Chinese and rather popular here in Russia. Explains the spelling and grammar errors.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190611 on: August 02, 2019, 10:37:49 am »

I too have a cheap chinese printer (JG Aurora A3, discontinued), and it surprisingly does have an all-metal hot-end.  However, many machines of its class have a PTFE containing hot-end that will degrade under prolonged high temperatures (such as those found when printing ABS and Nylon).

My printer suffers from the Z-axis wobble problem. (It has a high center of gravity, so when the head carriage gets above just a few inches from the build plate, the machine 'sways' a little bit. Imperceptible to the eye, but sufficient to cause misalignment in the print if printing at any sensible speed.)  There are various project files out there to correct for this, by increasing the footprint of the unit, and thus changing its ability to sway like that.

I just want to avoid others having such headaches with a budget printer purchase, so that's why I mentioned it.  If your prospective purchase does not have such problems, great!

If your printer can reliably get to ~240F, then I highly recommend the Kodak nylon filament. Just be aware that you have to keep they filament VERY dry, because the hydrogen bonds that comprise the polymer are very attractive to ambient moisture, and that moisture gets vaporized when heated to the print temperature, and it causes bubbles in the print, which impacts the print significantly.  If you keep it dry though, the prints are amazing; smooth, glossy, and very very strong and flexible.  (I would avoid ABS, it is bitchy to print, and the parts are not terribly strong. PLA has reasonable strength, and prints well, but melts/softens at pretty low temperatures.)  The kodak nylon prints at a lower temperature than other brands (typically 250F+), and is thus easier on budget printers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #190612 on: August 02, 2019, 10:44:30 am »

I totally forgot to brag about it here, but my monograph got approved with a 9.5 out of 10. Considering the shit I went through writing it (including the worst episode of depression I ever had), I was expecting a lower score. I can also brag about it being an original topic as well (I argued that medieval biographical texts are a form of discourse and analysed and compared two texts (The Alexiad and The Life and Deeds of Count Roger of Sicily and Robert His Brother) to prove it).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190613 on: August 02, 2019, 10:46:19 am »

What’s a monograph? /could Google, but lazy
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190614 on: August 02, 2019, 10:48:17 am »

From google:

mon·o·graph
/ˈmänəˌɡraf/

noun
a detailed written study of a single specialized subject or an aspect of it.
"a series of monographs on music in late medieval and Renaissance cities"

verb
write a monograph on; treat in a monograph.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190615 on: August 02, 2019, 10:50:14 am »

That’s pretty cool.

Well done Teneb!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190616 on: August 02, 2019, 11:16:25 am »

That's a serious accomplishment! Done right!

Now, you must force the medieval texts reading community to accept your findings with exceptionally violent eloquence. It's the only way.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190617 on: August 02, 2019, 12:33:50 pm »

I actually came to post my happy earlier but was distracted by Teneb’s happy.

I marinaded some tofu slices in soy sauce overnight then dehydrated them in the oven.

The resultant crunchy slices tasted like Twiglets. I was much pleased.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190618 on: August 02, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »

What the hell is a twiglet?

Also hooray for Teneb and his masterful scholarly accomplishments!!!!!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190619 on: August 02, 2019, 04:03:26 pm »

Twiglets.

Spoiler: Twiglets (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 12706 12707 [12708] 12709 12710 ... 13310