Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12706 12707 [12708] 12709 12710 ... 12724

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7696267 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190605 on: July 21, 2019, 10:26:14 am »

He was Paracelsus and I was arguing against one of my typical strawman framings that has been bugging me since forever, because it's an arbitrary classification. I know it might appear like talking to a wall when I think aloud but why that does not count as an actual conversation is beyond me  :(.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190606 on: July 21, 2019, 10:32:17 am »

Everything is arbitrary if you think about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #190607 on: July 21, 2019, 10:35:58 am »

Definitly too many hours wasted thinking about it instead of functioning.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190608 on: July 21, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »

Two fiddy in 8 hours.

Go for 300? Y/N?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190609 on: July 21, 2019, 06:28:54 pm »

310 pushups today. I'm a... A... Fuck idk, I can do a lot of pushups and stuff.

My arms feel noticeably more defined.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190610 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »

Resist the urge to start doing silly shit like handstand pushups, the wrist strain vs potential workout from bodyweight is a garbage tradeoff. I used to enjoy walking on my hands a lot, then I started noticing I'd wake up in the morning and I could just roll them back and forth to produce an audible KRPOP so I stopped doing that so much.

Same with pushups, after a while you're only really getting tiny amounts of muscle building vs joint and tendon stresses because it's easy to trivialize bodyweight for lots of workouts, but you can do stuff like freeweights, pulley resistance, and so forth to go after parts of those muscle groups which just kinda sit around being bored during pushups. Used to have a fairly obvious pigeon-chest so I set about figuring out how to cover it with muscle when I was really young, got normal looking pecs now but I had to move to weights to actually build them out enough to get there since I wasn't heavy enough for pushups to do shit despite doing all the different stances, centered together, way out past shoulder width, above or below my shoulder height, was nice arm work for a while but that don't help with the sternum bumps dammit!

I did get a bit of a noticeable gain for a while when I was doing those uh, the fucking weird marine ones where you go from like a yoga pose with your ass up and legs straight then slide forward like you're going under a low bar and pressing your torso back towards vertical with your hips down low at the end before reversing... can't remember the name, sunrises or sunups or some shit maybe?

Gotta do them slow as you can manage without shaking and it's a pretty awesome exercise to toss in there.

Now I'm happy I can relax and maintain the shit I built up as a nutty kid and teenager.

Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190611 on: July 22, 2019, 05:14:01 am »

I'm not feeling utterly shattered today.

The mirtazapine I've been on for a few days now has been really fucking with my ability to stay awake. The fact that my body seems to be adapting pretty quickly is nice.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190612 on: July 22, 2019, 08:18:16 am »

My anti-anxiety medication's side effect has a hard counter in the form of caffeine.

Evidently it somehow fucks with the adenine receptors in my brain, or causes it to overproduce adenine, or something. Regardless, the caffeine's stopping me from feeling knackered.

Yeah, caffeine is pretty much just "a bit more anxiety than you already had, so now you're awake-ish". Even for people without weird brain stuff going on.

To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190613 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:44 am »

Missing puppy was found and sent home safely. I am relieved!
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190614 on: July 22, 2019, 05:25:25 pm »

There was a wasp on the cork of my drinking bottle when I reached for it, be she was very polite and didn't sting me even though I panicked a bit when she crawled over to my hand (which was when I noticed her) so I gave her some honey and water and put her back outside. It's pretty nightly outside so I hope it's not too cold for her to make it back to wherever she stays.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190615 on: July 22, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190616 on: July 22, 2019, 08:25:22 pm »

Resist the urge to start doing silly shit like handstand pushups, the wrist strain vs potential workout from bodyweight is a garbage tradeoff. I used to enjoy walking on my hands a lot, then I started noticing I'd wake up in the morning and I could just roll them back and forth to produce an audible KRPOP so I stopped doing that so much.

Same with pushups, after a while you're only really getting tiny amounts of muscle building vs joint and tendon stresses because it's easy to trivialize bodyweight for lots of workouts, but you can do stuff like freeweights, pulley resistance, and so forth to go after parts of those muscle groups which just kinda sit around being bored during pushups. Used to have a fairly obvious pigeon-chest so I set about figuring out how to cover it with muscle when I was really young, got normal looking pecs now but I had to move to weights to actually build them out enough to get there since I wasn't heavy enough for pushups to do shit despite doing all the different stances, centered together, way out past shoulder width, above or below my shoulder height, was nice arm work for a while but that don't help with the sternum bumps dammit!

I did get a bit of a noticeable gain for a while when I was doing those uh, the fucking weird marine ones where you go from like a yoga pose with your ass up and legs straight then slide forward like you're going under a low bar and pressing your torso back towards vertical with your hips down low at the end before reversing... can't remember the name, sunrises or sunups or some shit maybe?

Gotta do them slow as you can manage without shaking and it's a pretty awesome exercise to toss in there.

Now I'm happy I can relax and maintain the shit I built up as a nutty kid and teenager.

Yeah, I'm only still doing absurd amounts of pushups because I haven't got freeweights yet. I'll still do some after I get weights but just enough for minor cardio and to keep form. And I just do plain, shoulder width, ninety degree then raise pushups. No fancy shit. I need muscle fast, not a circus routine.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190617 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:16 pm »

I can currently do zero pushups, as I am still recovering from surgery. I'll get back up to doing them someday soon.

In actual happies for me, though, wish me luck tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it, so that's all I'll say.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #190618 on: July 22, 2019, 09:44:47 pm »

I hope Gunner-Chan is aware of the X-Piratez community game going on.  We don't have lasers yet, but I'm very thankful to her for talking about this game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190619 on: July 23, 2019, 10:42:37 am »

There was a wasp on the cork of my drinking bottle when I reached for it, be she was very polite and didn't sting me even though I panicked a bit when she crawled over to my hand (which was when I noticed her) so I gave her some honey and water and put her back outside. It's pretty nightly outside so I hope it's not too cold for her to make it back to wherever she stays.
Prolly a mud-dauber if it was so peaceful, I showed the missus how to rescue ones that got stuck in the pool, they'll land to scoop up water and get splashed and stuck so if you just raise your hand up under them they'll stand up and drip dry then start buzzing and warm up then just fly away. You could also lightly blow air past them and help speed it up, but they'd never sting unless you started trying to eat them or some shit. Chill little mudbros who just want some water to build a house.

Saw her showing kids at the pool later, they were like "whoa, you must be like brave as hell" and she was like "shit, I punch bears and eat wolves for breakfast when I'm not being a ninja skydiver stuntwoman!" which is great.
Yeah, I'm only still doing absurd amounts of pushups because I haven't got freeweights yet. I'll still do some after I get weights but just enough for minor cardio and to keep form. And I just do plain, shoulder width, ninety degree then raise pushups. No fancy shit. I need muscle fast, not a circus routine.
Really great thing to mix in there then is what are apparently called hindu pushups lately, it's a nice muscle changeup and a new way to get closer to burnout if you do a few sets before regular pushups.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Pages: 1 ... 12706 12707 [12708] 12709 12710 ... 12724