Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12713 12714 [12715] 12716 12717 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14601554 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190710 on: August 13, 2019, 05:49:06 am »

I am glad one of my saws didn't become sentient after escaping my clutches, it's always terrible when you have to hunt down and slay one of your own children.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190711 on: August 13, 2019, 05:51:07 am »

Even worse if you make three saws of utter perfection but they are stolen and your sons swear an undying oath to slay any who hold them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190712 on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:27 am »

Finally out of the military, I am the master of my own destiny from now on! as much as I could be at least.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #190713 on: August 13, 2019, 08:46:41 am »

Even worse if you make three saws of utter perfection but they are stolen and your sons swear an undying oath to slay any who hold them.

Ah, yes, the legendary Doom of the Nolsaw.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190714 on: August 13, 2019, 10:29:46 am »

I am one step closer to getting my fancy printer working!

Installed new trailing cable set today, along with 2 new printheads. (Waiting for the other 2 I ordered to arrive.) 

The two new heads now print correctly, and I believe I have finally finished chasing the ghosts out of the thing. 

We'll find out in a few more days when the other two print heads arrive.

Also, Centurylink finally fixed their shit.  YAY.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:31:54 am by wierd »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190715 on: August 13, 2019, 11:06:44 am »

Considering that 99% of it was copy-pasta, A simple ruleset against anonymous cowards, coupled with a post cooldown (which they already have) if an anon tried to post that shit, frustrating any further attempts, would have fixed the problem without resorting to hard-core "No more anon posts" as the solution.  (EG, train a simple filter against the offensive flood posts in question, since they ALWAYS followed the exact same formulae, structure, and verbiage. Literally copy-pasta in the case of swastika asshole.)

As stated, I feel anon posts are required for proper discussion, and killing them as fallout from 8chan is a chilling effect I find very disfavorable. 

I am not sad do see APK finally shut the fuck up, and for the GNAA asshole to likewise, shut the fuck up.  Those two had it a long time coming.  I am just miffed that they broke an important part of free discussion in the process of being assholes.

Slashdot *finally* removed the anonymous coward posting thing. And good riddance. Most anon posts consisted of gay-bashing of named users, and various racist spam.

Now there's going to be burner account cowards.

No there won't be, or it'll be literally 0.01% as bad as it was. Every single story was being spammed by trolls repeating the same cut-and-paste offensive stuff. Now that they have to sign in, that stuff has just disappeared.

trolling is about minimum effort for maximum mayhem. Posting costs themselves time, but the payoff is that it inconveniences someone else, who has to try and read past the spam, and it inconveniences the moderator who must delete it. All while costing the spammer mere seconds.

If you make it require an account they have two choices: first, make a separate email and account for literally every post they do (which ensures not all posts can be deleted at once). This would inconvenience the troll far more than their victims, who merely have to click a "report" button and the post is deleted. Or, they can make one account and use it for multiple troll spam posts. The disadvantage of this choice is that trolls are also trying to inconvenience the moderators, and re-using the account means they can just delete all your posts at the account level with a single click.

There's also the point of fact about how slashdot moderation works;  Each user has a "Karma" score, based on how other registered users have received that user's comments.  This score can be either positive, or negative.  Positive karma results in a user's postings getting an immediate visibility of +1 or +2, and negative karma results in it getting 0 or -1, depending on just how bad that karma is.

Reusing a troll account would QUICKLY get to -1 levels of karma, and IIRC-- there are consequences for that happening.

I have seen some websites have decent success with requiring you to sign in to an account to post anonymously. Only the site operators will know who posted, but you're still tied to what you post. Decent compromise.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #190716 on: August 14, 2019, 04:05:36 pm »

Just finished watching Hamilton.

To put it simply, I think you should, too.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #190717 on: August 14, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »

I can't help but agree.

Where did you "watch" it, though? Thus far I've listened to it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190718 on: August 14, 2019, 05:15:48 pm »

Internet is setup at the new home. I wouldn't be posting this otherwise.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190719 on: August 14, 2019, 05:59:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:32:08 am by dragdeler »
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190720 on: August 14, 2019, 08:33:18 pm »

Internet is setup at the new home. I wouldn't be posting this otherwise.
Noice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190721 on: August 15, 2019, 05:33:04 am »

Performance reviews today. I got a 35 cent raise.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #190722 on: August 15, 2019, 06:50:47 pm »

Per year? This is happy thread, right?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190723 on: August 16, 2019, 12:54:43 am »

Hey, that's pretty big. My boss keeps "forgetting" about my performance review and I haven't got a damn thing yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190724 on: August 17, 2019, 02:08:37 pm »

Went ahead and ordered a new bed frame and computer desk. Shipping gave me two options: an almost $50 one with an ETA of Thursday the 29th(that is, the week after next), and the free shipping option with an ETA between Monday the 26th and the 29th. So, I've got free shipping and an earlier estimated arrival.

Also, I checked the tracking information, the bed frame is expected Monday the 19th, two days.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 12713 12714 [12715] 12716 12717 ... 13312