Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12756 12757 [12758] 12759 12760 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549790 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #191355 on: November 24, 2019, 01:34:40 pm »

Which is a reason for a brief happy!

Bigger reason would be if those downtimes stopped happening ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #191356 on: November 24, 2019, 02:01:34 pm »

I think I'm like 70% of the way to having a GF.
As an additional observation, I will note that this experience has brought certain flirtatious actions to my attention which previously I associated with 'friendly'

This being the case a hell of a lot of people were and currently are flirting at me.

This is why social skills should be implanted in the brains of our young.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #191357 on: November 24, 2019, 04:35:40 pm »

I have some terrifying news to you: some of them were flirtatious, some of them were friendly. No way of telling them apart.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191358 on: November 24, 2019, 04:38:33 pm »

I have some terrifying news to you: some of them were flirtatious, some of them were friendly. No way of telling them apart.
Well, you can with the science of negging!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191359 on: November 24, 2019, 04:52:31 pm »

I think I'm like 70% of the way to having a GF.
As an additional observation, I will note that this experience has brought certain flirtatious actions to my attention which previously I associated with 'friendly'

This being the case a hell of a lot of people were and currently are flirting at me.

This is why social skills should be implanted in the brains of our young.
I agree social skills should be taught in school. I have Asperger’s Syndrome and social skills were tough to learn

Negging?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #191360 on: November 24, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »

Negging?
Nagging
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191361 on: November 24, 2019, 05:12:49 pm »

Negging?
Ugh, negging... Negging is a tactic used by pick-up artists to help try and make girls sleep with them. The basic concept revolves around slipping subtle insults into the conversation that chip away at the target's self-esteem until they feel so pathetic and hopeless that they'll latch onto any horrid wretch nearby for emotional support... Which the person negging is happy to provide, of course. In exchange for sex.

Nagging
Am I going completely insane, or was there not a whole discussion about this a little while ago?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #191362 on: November 24, 2019, 05:21:08 pm »

I figured. Though sometimes you can tell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191363 on: November 24, 2019, 05:26:05 pm »

Negging?
Ugh, negging... Negging is a tactic used by pick-up artists to help try and make girls sleep with them. The basic concept revolves around slipping subtle insults into the conversation that chip away at the target's self-esteem until they feel so pathetic and hopeless that they'll latch onto any horrid wretch nearby for emotional support... Which the person negging is happy to provide, of course. In exchange for sex.
I dislike thst people are willing to stoop so low.

Nagging
Am I going completely insane, or was there not a whole discussion about this a little while ago?
Not sure

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191364 on: November 24, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »

Negging?
I dislike thst people are willing to stoop so low.

Nagging
Not sure
please dont take me seriously.  I was trolling.

Pick up artists thrive by finding already vulnerable people and exploiting a combination of that weakness and circumstance to get laid.  I read somewhere that they have like an 87% failure rate, so dont think it works outside of clubs or mass gatherings.

P:
Theyre like solicitors in that they keep going from person to person until they find their mark.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:44:47 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #191365 on: November 24, 2019, 05:46:34 pm »

Sometimes they just pester their mark until the mark gives up in an effort to make them go away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191366 on: November 24, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »

Negging?

Nah, that's not a correct understanding of how negging works. It's about convincing the other person that you aren't interested in them.

This is from wikipedia, from the creator of the concept:

A neg is not an insult but a negative social value judgment that is telegraphed. It's the same as if you pulled out a tissue and blew your nose. There's nothing insulting about blowing your nose. You haven't explicitly rejected her. But at the same time, she will feel that you aren't even trying to impress her. This makes her curious as to why and makes you a challenge.

Point being that if you insulted them then that is an explicit rejection, which is clearly the opposite of what you want. Maybe if some insulting bastard is talking to her she'll seek emotional support, but it will be with anyone except the insulter. Cognitive dissonance will be overcome by merely labeling the insulter as an idiot.

This is from the other main proponent:

Neil Strauss, in his book Rules of the Game, also stresses that the primary point of the technique is not to put women down but for a man to disqualify himself as a potential suitor. On this account he refers to negs as "disqualifiers", although the technique described in the book is recognisably the same as von Markovik's. Strauss is equally clear that negs should not be used as insults: "a disqualifier should never be hostile, critical, judgmental, or condescending. There's a line between flirting and hurting. And disqualification is never intended to be mean and insulting."

The key phrase here is "a man to disqualify himself as a potential suitor". It really just boils down to males appropriating cliched women's "hard to get" tactics. The key psychological aspect here is that people most want what they can't have.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:00:37 pm by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191367 on: November 25, 2019, 11:57:27 am »

That's literally true for everyone, though. Calcium is a metal.

In its pure form, sure. It's a salt in the majority of cases you'll ever see.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191368 on: November 25, 2019, 01:58:07 pm »

negging conversation

I never understood all of this. I have found that being forthright and honest works a huge majority of the time. Back in my clubbing days, "Nice shoes. Wanna fuck?" worked like, 75+% of the time.

That's literally true for everyone, though. Calcium is a metal.

In its pure form, sure. It's a salt in the majority of cases you'll ever see.
We are all salty on this blessed day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191369 on: November 25, 2019, 02:51:50 pm »

negging conversation

I never understood all of this. I have found that being forthright and honest works a huge majority of the time. Back in my clubbing days, "Nice shoes. Wanna fuck?" worked like, 75+% of the time.

Step 1: Be attractive

...yeah, I try not to perpetuate most of that class of pick-uppery. Not to say I necessarily doubt its efficacy (although I will absolutely doubt any numbers given by these self-styled gurus), but I just don't agree with the ethics of manipulating someone for a lay.

I have, however, been given that sort of advice (ignore/overlook/treat poorly) by women, who passed the tips on to me because it had worked on them.

I mean, shit, I was once given the assignment to watch "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and to "Slavishly follow every word of advice" given therein. I truly wonder if that woman actually watched the movie all the way through... Or at all.
Pages: 1 ... 12756 12757 [12758] 12759 12760 ... 13312