Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12778 12779 [12780] 12781 12782 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383380 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [Awoo] A wolfgirl isn't just for christmas (Happy thread)
« Reply #191685 on: December 26, 2019, 01:30:27 am »

See, this year I was inducted into the (relatively recent) Christmas tradition of a couple friends of mine. With nobody wanting to go through the standard family stress of the season, they'd opted to stay home one year and have their own cozy little celebration with the nearly 30 kilos of cat lounging around the apartment (the one friend has three Maine Coons). Being two long-time friends living together, with rather liberated mindsets; when the one was browsing *ahem* adult novelties online and found something that basically amounts to a taser with a whip attachment, the other one said "Oooh! I want one too!" and they decided to buy one for each other.

So that year they purchased gifts for themselves in the form of lingerie, gifted the zappy-zaps to each other, and spent a very scantily-clad Christmas having a lightsaber battle in the living room while the cats looked on in confusion and exasperation at the shenanigans these human slaves come up with. And thus, the spirit of Kinksmas was born. Girls will be girls, I guess...

This year we bought outfits for ourselves and each other, and spent the evening laughing heartily at how we looked and how much mental scarring we were going to inflict on the good little Irish Catholic who works at our usual haunt (he loves it though).

Also cookies. Holy fuck, so many cookies.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #191686 on: December 26, 2019, 02:02:49 am »

I slept in until 2, then spent the afternoon, after feeding the animals, lounging on the couch with the dogs watching TV. Left my gifts for my parents at the house before I left. Played some Stellaris when I got home. Didn't get too far.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191687 on: December 26, 2019, 06:37:04 am »

Merry Christmas everybody, I don't care of I'm late saying it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191688 on: December 26, 2019, 07:07:22 am »

Hairy shitsmas everyone and a crappy new year.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191690 on: December 26, 2019, 12:50:43 pm »

Today another driver did the following, in the following order: signaled a lane change, moved into the turning lane, slowed down (at a reasonable rate of deceleration), and then turned. I think I post about this every time I see it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191691 on: December 26, 2019, 01:26:56 pm »

Today another driver did the following, in the following order: signaled a lane change, moved into the turning lane, slowed down (at a reasonable rate of deceleration), and then turned. I think I post about this every time I see it.
I thought this was always supposed to be done. Does it happen so rarely?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #191692 on: December 26, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »

Far more rarely than it should. It's the signal that gets missed the most, I find, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191693 on: December 26, 2019, 02:13:18 pm »

Yeah, although I also see a lot of just stopping in traffic and turning without using the turning lane. The stopping in traffic would be less of a problem if they signaled, though.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #191694 on: December 26, 2019, 03:01:52 pm »

American drivers sound terrible. Occasionally everyone loses their minds here and there are hundreds of accidents in a single afternoon, but for the most part it's far more common to see correct indication etc. than not.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191695 on: December 27, 2019, 03:27:46 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen someone turn from a lane that is not a turning lane, ever. So like what, they straight up cross traffic to turn?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191696 on: December 27, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen someone turn from a lane that is not a turning lane, ever. So like what, they straight up cross traffic to turn?

Sometimes they make a left turn from the leftmost non-turning lane, sometimes they actually cross traffic.

Also, Happy: it's Friday.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #191697 on: December 27, 2019, 05:59:09 pm »

The spot our shop is at just held a vote and decided to stay closed from Sunday to Wednesday, since some stores get no business at all during these days.
I'm moderately annoyed at the lost opportunity of putting a little cream on top of the year's earnings, but also way too giddy about a few days off to complain.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #191698 on: December 28, 2019, 12:36:35 am »

A little late, but for Christmas I got Night Shift and the entire Dark Tower series, including Wind Through the Keyhole, which I had not read.  :)

All things serve the Beam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191699 on: December 28, 2019, 08:20:18 am »

At first I thought some chucklefuck made you work an overnight shift on Christmas, but then quickly realized that I only misread it on account of this PREPOSTEROUSLY EARLY HOUR, WHEREIN THE VERY ACT OF BEING AWAKE AT THIS TIME IS AN OFFENSE TO GOD AND MAN ALIKE and hey how is everyone I am at work.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 12778 12779 [12780] 12781 12782 ... 13310