Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12791 12792 [12793] 12794 12795 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14516655 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily intake (Happy thread)
« Reply #191880 on: January 09, 2020, 04:57:32 pm »

As is methanol poisoning.

Which is, conveniently, perfectly treatable with ethanol.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191881 on: January 09, 2020, 06:51:31 pm »

HOTTO DOGGU!!

So goddamn wholesome and inane it hurts
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #191882 on: January 09, 2020, 07:01:29 pm »

I love it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #191883 on: January 10, 2020, 12:32:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191884 on: January 10, 2020, 12:58:15 pm »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #191885 on: January 10, 2020, 01:13:31 pm »

Spoiler: HAPPY FLAILDAY (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191886 on: January 11, 2020, 04:54:39 am »

I dyed my hair black, and I like it. Once I have some help or spray, I'm gonna put it in whatever crazy shapes I want, too. I'm sick of other people's expectations deciding how I look and dress in my free time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191887 on: January 11, 2020, 04:55:56 am »

I need to re-up my red dye actually.  I miss when my hair was naturally red-hinted. 

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191888 on: January 11, 2020, 07:55:31 am »

My Dad had an accident when he was a Child where a tin of paint fell over, and a splash hit his hair and removed the natural colour. He spent his life with a streak of his hair bleached white.Now it’s all white, of course.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191889 on: January 13, 2020, 02:19:52 pm »

I recently finished Disco Elysium, and I'm still stunned at how great a game that was. Honestly more like an interactive book than a game, in a way. I've always been of the opinion that the level of writing in games is, for the most part, very weak; Disco Elysium takes it to the level where I think games should be at to be taken as seriously as other forms of media.

I don't think the writing is perfect, there were a few characters that I think were shallow and stupid, and the ending honestly took me by surprise at how sudden it was. Overall though, this is some of the best writing to be found in videogames, just a fully detailed world, with it's own history, geography, politics, governmental structure, technology, religion, cultures, races... granted, all these were clearly meant to be analogous to real life, with each thing just being a fantasy variant of something you could find in a real history book, but honestly that just makes it a bit better; everything is a fun parody of history! Honestly I just loved every minute of it, I'll probably do a second playthrough, with different stats and different choices, just to see how things play out.

I can only hope for a similar game out of ZA/UM that is on the same level as this. I'd assume a sequel, just because there's so much in DE's world that can be fleshed out even further, but they've proven they can make me fall in love with anything.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191890 on: January 13, 2020, 03:57:10 pm »

If you like good writing in good games, I suggest Sunless Sea and Sunless Skies. They have some of the best writing I’ve seen in Video Games, captivating settings that are explored and discovered at the Players’ own pace, and they both really need more love, Skies especially.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191891 on: January 13, 2020, 04:12:07 pm »

I mean... The Fallen London world/mythos has won awards and nominations for its writing after all, so it's not entirely unappreciated. And Seas had a bunch of hype and attention back when it was just coming out.

Also it's a very particular style of writing that might not appeal to everyone. So long as you're fine absorbing a bunch of text while not having a clue what's going on, you're good to go! It's wonderfully compelling, but fuck if it isn't a staggering tower of obtuse Jenga constructed out of mysteries upon enigmas upon questions upon pretentious brooding.

And it's not entirely recommended for folks who aren't okay with losing hours and hours of work thanks to a funky roll of the die.

Writing's definitely first class though.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191892 on: January 13, 2020, 04:38:55 pm »

I recently finished Disco Elysium, and I'm still stunned at how great a game that was. Honestly more like an interactive book than a game, in a way. I've always been of the opinion that the level of writing in games is, for the most part, very weak; Disco Elysium takes it to the level where I think games should be at to be taken as seriously as other forms of media.

I don't think the writing is perfect, there were a few characters that I think were shallow and stupid, and the ending honestly took me by surprise at how sudden it was. Overall though, this is some of the best writing to be found in videogames, just a fully detailed world, with it's own history, geography, politics, governmental structure, technology, religion, cultures, races... granted, all these were clearly meant to be analogous to real life, with each thing just being a fantasy variant of something you could find in a real history book, but honestly that just makes it a bit better; everything is a fun parody of history! Honestly I just loved every minute of it, I'll probably do a second playthrough, with different stats and different choices, just to see how things play out.

I can only hope for a similar game out of ZA/UM that is on the same level as this. I'd assume a sequel, just because there's so much in DE's world that can be fleshed out even further, but they've proven they can make me fall in love with anything.

You might also be able to find a copy of Sacred and Terrible Air, which is where a lot of the worldbuilding is from.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191893 on: January 13, 2020, 05:00:00 pm »

Sunless Skies is in every way an improvement on Sunless Sea. Pretty much every single gripe with the original game was fixed. But, the story is much more difficult to worm your way into than Sunless Sea, so that’s a big problem. It goes from ‘an alternate universe where Victorian London is beside an underground saltwater lake’ to ‘SPACE HAS OXYGEN AND THE STARS ARE BAD AND LONDON IS IN SPACE AND TIME IS PHYSICAL AND DRAGON POLICE CRABS AND STEAM TRAINS CHOO CHOO’ in terms of starting points.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191894 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:26 pm »

I think Sunless Skies sounds interesting
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:29:40 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 12791 12792 [12793] 12794 12795 ... 13311