Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12823 12824 [12825] 12826 12827 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14511534 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily intake (Happy thread)
« Reply #192360 on: February 21, 2020, 07:27:17 pm »

“This is Sparta, a true Meme. Not as clumsy or random as a a Tik-Tok; an elegant meme for a more civilized age.”
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192361 on: February 22, 2020, 11:30:42 am »

Got a new computer today.  The first thing I did was test out DF on it as a benchmark  :P  oh gods it is fast to load.  Gonna test out a 7x7 embark and genning an actual 1050 enddate worldgen 8)
this may be madness after all.

computer is solid state - can't get a casual attempt at installing linux to work
the Microsoft memory program steps in and terminates df when it gets to memory intensive.
Attempts to turn off the radar program fail as I don't have gpedit enabled and attempts to do so (in the form of using command prompt and use premade programs) have failed.

any clues wrt the gpedit?  id just as soon delete the radar memory allocation program... but o haven't foundnots associated dll
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192362 on: February 22, 2020, 02:44:54 pm »

Wich windows is this?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192363 on: February 22, 2020, 03:15:36 pm »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192364 on: February 22, 2020, 03:54:19 pm »

10 basic home
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192365 on: February 22, 2020, 05:39:38 pm »

Got a new computer today.  The first thing I did was test out DF on it as a benchmark  :P  oh gods it is fast to load.  Gonna test out a 7x7 embark and genning an actual 1050 enddate worldgen 8)

what numbers does it have to be able to do this
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192366 on: February 22, 2020, 10:10:28 pm »

It's a bit of an exaggeration.  I have genned enough of a world to see that I wont get past year 500 in a medium world with 50 civs.

The 7x7 thing I plan to try though.  I was using 5x5 on my old laptop from 7+ years ago.

P:  I also managed to get gpedit to work.  My own way, ironically enough.  Was very underwhelming tbh.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:13:15 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #192367 on: February 23, 2020, 02:26:36 am »

It's a bit of an exaggeration.  I have genned enough of a world to see that I wont get past year 500 in a medium world with 50 civs.

The 7x7 thing I plan to try though.  I was using 5x5 on my old laptop from 7+ years ago.

P:  I also managed to get gpedit to work.  My own way, ironically enough.  Was very underwhelming tbh.

man I can barely handle a 2x2 embark wth do you dobwith all that Free Real Estate?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192368 on: February 23, 2020, 02:38:48 am »

man I can barely handle a 2x2 embark
I'm pretty sure my 15 year-old laptop could do better. Maybe it's time to upgrade from your steam-operated potato harvester?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192369 on: February 23, 2020, 02:49:36 am »

I think in this case he was referring more to the amount of space and what to do with it, rather than the processing requirements.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #192370 on: February 23, 2020, 03:08:45 am »

I think in this case he was referring more to the amount of space and what to do with it, rather than the processing requirements.

Yes the silicon computer can handle it just fine, the flesh computer is significantly less successful. brain smooth

My game giveaway

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192371 on: February 23, 2020, 03:09:45 am »

I thought people did what I do - always pick the largest embark their gear can handle, just to not feel so damn claustrophobic.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192372 on: February 23, 2020, 03:12:07 am »

Maybe he's an especially ordered person and if there's free space he feels compelled to build in it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192373 on: February 23, 2020, 08:24:32 am »

Yea, i like having the extra space.  I usually dont build on it, but it lets more variety of creatures and makes sieges more interesting.  Makes hunting feel better, and makes animals feel more natural.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #192374 on: February 23, 2020, 11:54:50 am »

I thought people did what I do - always pick the largest embark their gear can handle, just to not feel so damn claustrophobic.

I did a 4x4 embark once and it was just. so big. it just went on and on and on. dwarfs everywhere.

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 12823 12824 [12825] 12826 12827 ... 13311