Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12826 12827 [12828] 12829 12830 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552164 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily intake (Happy thread)
« Reply #192405 on: February 29, 2020, 08:55:42 am »

Shadow of the Colossus is one of the free games for next month on it, which is a game I have wanted to play for years but not really wanted to pay for ‘cause I didn’t like Ico.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192406 on: February 29, 2020, 09:49:14 am »

Yes, you're gonna like it. SOTC is the shit. The only thing I don't like is that the secret stuff is REALLY secret, and good luck getting them without a guide.

My last shift at work is tonight, then I can finally... relax. It's all I've ever wanted. This is honestly an unprecedented portion of my life starting, I'm not even sure how to start tackling it. I got my apartment, and for my entire time living here, I've had my job; meaning, this is the first time I'll be living, by myself, unemployed, with no clear plan in mind, and that's the point?!?!? I've never lived for myself, not once in my whole life, and the idea now is to do just that.

My biggest concern is that I might succumb to loneliness and despair. I'll be my own master now, and I'm thinking I'll need to make myself a schedule and stick to it. My life has the potential to unfreeze, and I can finally put my life into motion! The thought of it seems absurd, I've been frozen in place for so long, having to overcome a lifetime of learned helplessness is the greatest challenge of my life.

Hopefully I can really, finally, for once in my goddamn life, DO SOMETHING AND ENJOY LIVING!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192407 on: February 29, 2020, 09:51:39 am »

You are already enjoying life and living.  You are what you make.

Seeing as it sounds like youve got your own place, I can recommend decorating it.  I tend to just let my home be spartan and functional, because I have the aesthetic sense of a pea under a matress with a woman trying to sleep on it.  But its like, my tenth biggest regret in life.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #192408 on: February 29, 2020, 10:23:19 am »

The only advice I have is not to get stuck in a rut and constantly stay at home on your own. Prior to getting a job I did that and it was bad for me, psychologically. Or the job was good for me psychologically, ‘cause it forced me into interactions with people, and despite not liking it, I’m surprisingly good/capable at it. Your own mind can be your worst enemy at times, for some reason people forcing me to engage outside of it at least helps me ignore it.

Anyway, despite that advice, time on your own is not bad, you have to be comfortable in your own company and you also need to recharge too but... basically try to find a balance that works for you.

You expressed an interest in art in another thread - or at least drawing Pikachu anyway - so maybe you could find an art class or some such in your area? ‘cause I think you mentioned in another place that you also had various things already scheduled during your week or something like that.l, so maybe you don’t have time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192409 on: February 29, 2020, 10:31:17 am »

The only advice I have is not to get stuck in a rut and constantly stay at home on your own. Prior to getting a job I did that and it was bad for me, psychologically. Or the job was good for me psychologically, ‘cause it forced me into interactions with people, and despite not liking it, I’m surprisingly good/capable at it. Your own mind can be your worst enemy at times, for some reason people forcing me to engage outside of it at least helps me ignore it.

Anyway, despite that advice, time on your own is not bad, you have to be comfortable in your own company and you also need to recharge too but... basically try to find a balance that works for you.

You expressed an interest in art in another thread - or at least drawing Pikachu anyway - so maybe you could find an art class or some such in your area? ‘cause I think you mentioned in another place that you also had various things already scheduled during your week or something like that.l, so maybe you don’t have time.

Those things that are scheduled barely fill up a few days of my open week, so yeah, the search for more things is paramount.

(And it wasn't drawing pikachu specifically, that was just the specific thing I was talking about at that moment XD)

But yeah, my mind is definitely my own worst enemy, and managing to stay outside myself is going to be the key to my success. Being shut inside, literally and figuratively, will be the death of me.

You are already enjoying life and living.  You are what you make.

Seeing as it sounds like youve got your own place, I can recommend decorating it.  I tend to just let my home be spartan and functional, because I have the aesthetic sense of a pea under a matress with a woman trying to sleep on it.  But its like, my tenth biggest regret in life.

Yeah, my own apartment is barely furnished at all. So that'd be something to do. I've been reluctant to do that cause I've not had any visitors whatsoever in the years I've been living here. Maybe that can change. Item on the agenda: overcome fear of strangers and intimacy. Secondary objective: swag up my place so it doesn't look like a nerdy hole in the ground.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:33:45 am by JoshuaFH »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192410 on: February 29, 2020, 11:34:40 am »

I don’t really get the point of swag, items that take up space that don’t have a purpose? Why fill a house with purposeless items?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192411 on: February 29, 2020, 11:36:29 am »

swag is the purpose, naturegirl
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192412 on: February 29, 2020, 11:49:20 am »

I don’t really get the point of swag, items that take up space that don’t have a purpose? Why fill a house with purposeless items?
Interesting stories, the irl equivalent of 'show dont tell', props for entertainment, noticeably affecting your thoughts (the same way having a dirty room affects your thoughts), reminding you to try/practice/master new skills, etc.

its not all just swag if you can justify having it.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192413 on: February 29, 2020, 02:49:38 pm »

Because some people don't really have a purpose in life, Naturegirl, so they invent complicated social games to give themselves something to do and let them feel some kind of agency. They buy things so they can tell themselves they are demonstrating that they can buy things, or have some personal brand they are communicating, or otherwise have a plan, and then they buy more things every time it stops working.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #192414 on: February 29, 2020, 03:02:10 pm »

The purpose in life is to be a dragon: hoard wealth and loot in a nice shiny pile and defend it by using a flamethrower
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192415 on: February 29, 2020, 03:22:32 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:21:17 am by dragdeler »
let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192416 on: February 29, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »

Got a new computer today.  The first thing I did was test out DF on it as a benchmark  :P  oh gods it is fast to load.  Gonna test out a 7x7 embark and genning an actual 1050 enddate worldgen 8)
this may be madness after all.

so a 6x6 in 2 evil biomes, a lake, a river, and Savannah resulted in 45 fpm at unpause.

hmmmmmmmm
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192417 on: February 29, 2020, 03:30:58 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:21:21 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192418 on: February 29, 2020, 04:56:55 pm »

Because some people don't really have a purpose in life, Naturegirl, so they invent complicated social games to give themselves something to do and let them feel some kind of agency. They buy things so they can tell themselves they are demonstrating that they can buy things, or have some personal brand they are communicating, or otherwise have a plan, and then they buy more things every time it stops working.

Sounds like they have a purpose then.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192419 on: February 29, 2020, 08:13:37 pm »

Often we say "they" have no purpose when we mean we cannot see the value in what they're doing. Food for thought. The guy who's whole life is about working and collecting memorabilia looks back at us, who I presume are mostly video game players, and shakes his head at our lack of purpose. if people are bored so they buy a new video game, who are we to say the guy who buys a new thing for his house is shallow and materialistic?

Ultimately if we go down that route, what actually has purpose? Do you have to be perfectly selfless all your life?

What about someone who's purpose is to make video games? Is that a real purpose. After all, we can say of the people who spend all their time playing video games, that they have no purpose. So, the video-game creators purpose is to make things which take away people's purpose.

Which shows how the idea of "purpose" is ultimately meaningless in itself. Eventually the sun blows up and kills us all remember. Even if we escape that, then heat death of the universe envelops us all. Any purpose is just delaying that.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:32:04 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 12826 12827 [12828] 12829 12830 ... 13312