Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12830 12831 [12832] 12833 12834 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555659 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [Baka] Cirno was here but have these wings instead. (Happy thread)
« Reply #192465 on: March 04, 2020, 07:36:38 am »

I've always seen curtains and mini-blinds as a pain in the ass, so I duck taped black poster board over the window, so it blocks out all the light.
Why hello there Count Duckula.

Patched that thar right up fer ye's.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #192466 on: March 04, 2020, 07:48:11 am »

Since I'm burning time at work I thought I'd add some more tidbits to the previous Touhou talk.

The Touhou fandom is probably has the biggest amount of creators in any Japanese fandom, and it runs the second largest fan convention in Japan.

Touhou does have more canon than just the games too. Zun, the creator has been working with artists on novels and comics. One of the comic artists contributes art to the last two fighting games. There's even been two characters that only show up on music CDs Zun releases from time to time of all things.

Lastly, while the fandom is pretty big and a little in depth, it can have some of the friendlier small communities dedicated to it out there. Just uh,  avoid the fighting game centric ones. It's also a decent place to run into Shinto, Buddhist and Taoist philosophies, especially with the books, comics, as well as undefined fantastic object and ten desires.

(And don't worry too much, I've only ever beaten one of the games on easy and the other fans I know have been nice about it)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192467 on: March 04, 2020, 08:20:07 am »

I've always seen curtains and mini-blinds as a pain in the ass, so I duck taped black poster board over the window, so it blocks out all the light.

I would have never guesses that anyone would ever discover my true identity, nor that they would discover that my true form is that of a sun fearing duck who is also a count.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192468 on: March 04, 2020, 08:45:11 am »

I would have never guesses that anyone would ever discover my true identity, nor that they would discover that my true form is that of a sun fearing duck who is also a count.
If I may ask, how did you get the humans of your land to crown you count?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192469 on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:48 am »

There are no humans on my land only ducks.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192470 on: March 04, 2020, 08:59:46 am »

Duck my cock

Edit: related
China will deploy duck squad in Pakistan

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51658145?fbclid=IwAR2ipYQMiB1p9CmRPZ_mINE4DmLgqOOuy2N76-1cYk2xQe_y_2Y8K3lMGLo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:02:05 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192471 on: March 04, 2020, 09:09:01 am »

If there are no humans on your land, how did you learn about the human position of count? Or did your ducks happen to think of a similar position indepentently that happens to translate to the same human name?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192472 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:19 am »

Since I'm burning time at work I thought I'd add some more tidbits to the previous Touhou talk.

The Touhou fandom is probably has the biggest amount of creators in any Japanese fandom, and it runs the second largest fan convention in Japan.

Touhou does have more canon than just the games too. Zun, the creator has been working with artists on novels and comics. One of the comic artists contributes art to the last two fighting games. There's even been two characters that only show up on music CDs Zun releases from time to time of all things.

Lastly, while the fandom is pretty big and a little in depth, it can have some of the friendlier small communities dedicated to it out there. Just uh,  avoid the fighting game centric ones. It's also a decent place to run into Shinto, Buddhist and Taoist philosophies, especially with the books, comics, as well as undefined fantastic object and ten desires.

(And don't worry too much, I've only ever beaten one of the games on easy and the other fans I know have been nice about it)

/jk I've never played the games at all.

But why avoid the fighting game centric communities?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #192473 on: March 04, 2020, 10:21:51 am »

For the most part the fighting game communities still are kinda cut from the same cloth as most fighting game communities really. Not terribly well moderated and loads of insult hurling at least from what I hear. The fighting games are very fun and pretty beginner friendly without being all the way towards smash bros at least, so it can be something to have at a party or with friends so they're still worth trying.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192474 on: March 04, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »

As for the ridiculous number of creators in that scene, at the big (as in, millions of people go) fan-work market, Comiket, a while back, I read that out of 30,000 different stalls, over 1000 were just Touhou stuff, so about 3% of the entire fan-art output of Japan or so. Far more than fan-art for any mainstream / non-indie series, Just the sheer volume of Touhou stuff started to cause friction with other fandoms, so the organizers ended up (at least for one year) assigning an entire exhibition section of the convention to Touhou stuff.

In western terms it's as if Dwarf Fortress stuff was being made by fan-artists and it outnumbered people doing My Little Pony plus anything Marvel related put together. This is where Toady dropped the ball ;) Dwarf fortress needs some cute mascots. However, in recent years I think the game Kantai Collection has grown to rival/dethrone Touhou. That's the other thing that's the source for just about every second meme that GunnerChan uses in the titles, I think. I'm not that into it. Kantai Collection is trying for the same kind of meme-ability but it's a project by a huge corporation with vast teams of artists and management who know exactly what they're doing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:33:07 pm by Reelya »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #192475 on: March 04, 2020, 06:37:09 pm »

DF has plenty of non-cute mascots, does that count?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #192476 on: March 04, 2020, 06:57:32 pm »

KanColle was really really big for a couple of years, but I thought it's popularity has kinda petered out in recent years.
Nowadays I think FateGO and related is the king of the doujins.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #192477 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:18 pm »

However, in recent years I think the game Kantai Collection has grown to rival/dethrone Touhou.
Not really dethrone, but it did rival it for a bit... maybe.

Let's look at this handy dandy Pixiv tag graph where 東方project was so popular it had to enter the chart from the top so the rest of the chart can still be readable. The 艦隊これくしょん tag is kantai collection, or kancolle, and it peaks over touhou for about 2 or 3 years.... but this is per post. Before 2013, pixiv posts were an image a post, but that year they let multiple images take up one post (so touhou did not really drop in popularity). Right now FATE seems the most popular, but that's because it has a long running phone game while touhou... just got one? Feels really weird that Touhou has a phone game now, but there are also more touhou fangames on consoles than official games.

Oh, and kids apparently know about Touhou in japan because of minecraft videos. So there's that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192478 on: March 04, 2020, 10:36:28 pm »

So, I bought another trackball on ebay, a Logitech Trackman Marble, and it arrived before the listed date. I´m very happy.

It´s a bit harder to get used to than thumb trackballs but the fact that it´s completely ambidextrous is a nice touch, as you can switch hands to prevent strain.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192479 on: March 04, 2020, 10:45:08 pm »

I didn't know Logitech made trackballs. The only Logitech thing I had was a camera that looked like an eye
Pages: 1 ... 12830 12831 [12832] 12833 12834 ... 13312