Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12850 12851 [12852] 12853 12854 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555766 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🧼👏] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192765 on: April 06, 2020, 07:31:37 pm »

Names of a good vendor to buy from? I have two joycons w/ drift rn.
I got this one. There are a bunch of cheaper ones that I didn't notice. Search for "joycon stick replacement" on Amazon. This one is very cheap, but there are only 3 reviews on it.

Kind of a bad time to be supporting Amazon, though.
oh boy, what is Amazon doing now:
Remember when they fired that strike leader? Yeah, they're also doing a whole buncha worker mistreatment on top of that by not making their contract warehouses provide PPE, as far as I can tell.
What’s PPE stand for? Judging by their contract warehouses not providing it being considered worker mistreatment, it is likely very important

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192766 on: April 06, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »

Personal Protective Equipment, as to not get sick from co-workers and such. Because even though they aren't necessarily in customer contact, their work is very touch heavy and very physical.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192767 on: April 06, 2020, 07:39:51 pm »

Names of a good vendor to buy from? I have two joycons w/ drift rn.
I got this one. There are a bunch of cheaper ones that I didn't notice. Search for "joycon stick replacement" on Amazon. This one is very cheap, but there are only 3 reviews on it.

Kind of a bad time to be supporting Amazon, though.
oh boy, what is Amazon doing now:
Remember when they fired that strike leader? Yeah, they're also doing a whole buncha worker mistreatment on top of that by not making their contract warehouses provide PPE, as far as I can tell.
What’s PPE stand for? Judging by their contract warehouses not providing it being considered worker mistreatment, it is likely very important
Personal Protective Equipment, or all the personal gear that keeps you safe and healthy at work.  In different professions, this can include things like earplugs, masks/respirators, gloves, goggles or face shields, hardhats, steel-toed boots, and the like.  When I worked at an airport, they came down on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't use earplugs and high-visibility vests on the tarmac, because those engines were (and presumably still are) murderous on unprotected ears and working on a tarmac after sunset was dangerous if pilots couldn't see you.  In a warehouse, I'd imagine PPE will vary based on the specific goods being stored, but I'd see hardhats, high-visibility gear, safety gloves, proper boots, and if dealing with dangerous products like Amazon's wide range of pesticides, safety goggles being included, not to mention the corona-added gear.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192768 on: April 06, 2020, 07:53:16 pm »

Personal Protective Equipment, or all the personal gear that keeps you safe and healthy at work.  In different professions, this can include things like earplugs, masks/respirators, gloves, goggles or face shields, hardhats, steel-toed boots, and the like.  When I worked at an airport, they came down on us like a ton of bricks if we didn't use earplugs and high-visibility vests on the tarmac, because those engines were (and presumably still are) murderous on unprotected ears and working on a tarmac after sunset was dangerous if pilots couldn't see you.  In a warehouse, I'd imagine PPE will vary based on the specific goods being stored, but I'd see hardhats, high-visibility gear, safety gloves, proper boots, and if dealing with dangerous products like Amazon's wide range of pesticides, safety goggles being included, not to mention the corona-added gear.
Why is Amazin denying protective equipment? Humans are doing the jobs, they need protections. Do they realize that if people die, they cannot continue to do their jobs? I mention this in that way because they care about profit, clearly not caring about lives, so framing it in a way they understand would...they won’t listen here anyway. It should be required to give PPE to people working jobs that require them. Not wanting to protect their workers baffles and upsets me.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192769 on: April 06, 2020, 07:57:45 pm »

Personal Protective Equipment.

Includes anything you wear that protects you. Masks, helmets, gloves, safety vests, ear muffs/plugs.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:59:54 pm by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192770 on: April 06, 2020, 07:59:25 pm »

Why is Amazin denying protective equipment? Humans are doing the jobs, they need protections. Do they realize that if people die, they cannot continue to do their jobs?
It doesn't matter. For every amazon worker that falls there are ten willing to take up their fatigues and continue toiling for the glory of Amazon!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192771 on: April 06, 2020, 08:01:28 pm »

Why is Amazin denying protective equipment? Humans are doing the jobs, they need protections. Do they realize that if people die, they cannot continue to do their jobs?
It doesn't matter. For every amazon worker that falls there are ten willing to take up their fatigues and continue toiling for the glory of Amazon!
what will Amazin do when all of their workers are killed. People won’t continue to apply to a company that kills its workers

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #192772 on: April 06, 2020, 08:02:53 pm »

Buy more robots
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192773 on: April 06, 2020, 08:03:50 pm »

what will Amazin do when all of their workers are killed. People won’t continue to apply to a company that kills its workers
Fatality (or even permanent, career-ending injury) rates aren't that high, and in a labor-rich, job-poor market, you'd be surprised what people will sign up for if it means they can put food on their families' plates.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192774 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:54 pm »

When the worker in front of you dies, you take his mask and his gloves and keep on working.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192775 on: April 06, 2020, 08:31:11 pm »

When the worker in front of you dies, you take his mask and his gloves and keep on working.
Is this hyperbole or does this literally happen? I genuinely do not know. If it is indeed literal it is a great way to get diseases and should stop being done

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192776 on: April 06, 2020, 08:34:17 pm »

Hyperbole.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192777 on: April 06, 2020, 08:57:46 pm »

Is this hyperbole or does this literally happen? I genuinely do not know. If it is indeed literal it is a great way to get diseases and should stop being done

I was joking. It's a reference to WWI when the Russians didn't have enough rifles for all the men on the Front, so they were told to pick up the rifles of the fallen.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:00:12 pm by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192778 on: April 06, 2020, 08:59:54 pm »

I was joking. It's a reference to WWI when the Russians only had enough rifles for about 1/3rd of the men on the Front, so they were told to pick up the rifles of the fallen.
It'd be less hyperbole if it wasn't happening all over the world with PPE. People are handing each other theoretically single use PPE for cleaning and reuse

Tbh at this point you have to wonder if the DIY stuff wouldnt be better
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192779 on: April 06, 2020, 09:01:29 pm »

I should correct myself:

"In recent battles a third of the men had no rifles. These poor devils had to wait patiently until their comrades fell before their eyes and they could pick up weapons. The army is drowning in its own blood."

It was 1/3rd of men who didn't have rifles, not 1/3rd with rifles.
Pages: 1 ... 12850 12851 [12852] 12853 12854 ... 13312