Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12858 12859 [12860] 12861 12862 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373060 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [🧼👏] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192885 on: April 19, 2020, 11:24:53 am »

Thanks to the pandemic I'm learning amateur astronomy

Things I remember from my amatuer astronomy course:
Orion's "sword"
Novas, Supernova, Chevy Nova
Degenerate white dwarves
TBH I'm screwing around for the most part. I sucessfully located Saturn and took some pics, though.

EG: this is a (blurry) picture of Saturn. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVnutqQUwAAINhg?format=jpg

I hope to achieve better pics with a filter and a better tripod. And a better cellphone brace. This was done by holding it up to the eyepiece with my hand.

I will consider a better telescope down the line, too
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this is the moon a couple of weeks ago, at 50x https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVPKi_hVAAAP7wX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:27:21 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192886 on: April 19, 2020, 11:50:07 am »

Nice pictures.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192887 on: April 19, 2020, 12:16:31 pm »

And if they fall as Lucifer fell
They fall in flames
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192888 on: April 19, 2020, 03:10:54 pm »

Stars,
In your multitude.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #192889 on: April 19, 2020, 05:20:55 pm »

Refrigerator?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192890 on: April 19, 2020, 05:36:19 pm »

My neighbors have been practicing guitar a lot more recently, and singing soulfully.
We've got a decently thick divider so I can barely hear it, which makes it kinda nice and unobtrusive.  Reminds me of indie backyard concerts in the distance when I was at university.  And I can very easily drown it out with headphones.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192892 on: April 20, 2020, 01:24:05 pm »

I thought I had just one remaining can of Mother Frosty Berry in the fridge, which I was almost reluctant to use for tonight's planned videogaming binge, but then when I went to grab it I discovered that I had two remaining cans of Mother Frosty Berry in the fridge.   
Frick yeah! Let's party!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192893 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:14 pm »

That a booze?

Know what I like?  Kombucha.  Specifically This
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192894 on: April 20, 2020, 03:09:36 pm »

My family's introduction to kombucha came from an... unusual man who came up to our house, which was on a dirt road deep in a forest, and asked us about our water supply.  We had a natural spring and he claimed to have "smelled" it.  I suppose he may have looked up the historical records of the house, which was established as a tuberculosis sanitarium next to the spring...

For whatever reason, he came to us wanting some of our water.  In exchange he gave us a kombucha "sapling" (slice), and instructed my father in its use.  My father moves from interest to interest with obsessive focus, and this unusual event piqued his interest.  At least to some extent - cultivating a kombucha shroom is a mostly hands-off process, besides feeding it sugar (the details escape me).

What I will say is that I maybe should have been more afraid to drink from the weepings of a giant flat shroom.  But curiosity and familiar duty won me over, and honestly, it was... kinda good.  Due to my weak taste buds I've always had a preference for very strong or very bland tastes, and this was certainly the former.  Only technically alcoholic- we were told it was on par with normal fruit juices- but with a wonderfully harsh *bite*.  My brother thought my father and I were crazy, and maybe he was right.  But it turned out fine.

Drinking bottled kombucha from the local health-food store doesn't have the same impact.  Nostalgia, but also the lack of watching the mushroom- a gift from a stranger- grow.  Like sourdough, another lovely hobby!

Besides, non-alcoholic ginger or birch drinks have a similar bite and I think I prefer them.  It's still nice to have a bit of kombucha from time to time though, to remind me.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192895 on: April 20, 2020, 03:33:49 pm »

Yea, Ive been toying with making my own for some time. Now I think Ill have too try!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192896 on: April 20, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »

I remember you have to refrigerate it some of the time, it's seasonal.  I have no idea why that would be the case, why it can't just keep producing in an environmentally-controlled environment like a house.
It might be nonsense from a slightly unhinged but generous stranger.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192897 on: April 20, 2020, 05:06:34 pm »

That a booze?
...You don't have Mother Frosty Berry where you are?!
Sure, maybe it's (arguably) not quite on par with good ol' Monster Energy, but it's still pretty dang tasty. That can, along with a coffee, has seen me nicely through to 8AM. Might have held out a bit longer, but my game sesh came to an end when a bug caused most of the town to turn inexplicably hostile and necessitate my blowing them to bits.   
Not sure what's wrong with this so-called "hard" difficulty, but I guess it's kinda nice to know I can knock the entire settlement on its arse using the stuff I've looted and the set of armour I bought from a vending machine. That's one way it differs sharply from the Fallout games at least, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192898 on: April 20, 2020, 10:53:58 pm »

I am rather partial to Monster Pipeline Punch.

Tastes just like passion fruit juice.  Too bad it gives me the shivers and shakes. I only use it when I desperately need to stay awake.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192899 on: April 22, 2020, 06:42:55 pm »

It's my cakeday.  My father sent me Beatles music, my metamour sent me Halo music.  I am generally resentful of this day but I can't help but feel loved.  My aunt called me yesterday by misunderstanding and I'm nearly crying with gratitude for that.  I don't want to mark the day but they marked it for me.  I'd bury it but they celebrate it.  They want to celebrate me, for some reason.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 12858 12859 [12860] 12861 12862 ... 13310