Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12704 12705 [12706]

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7622814 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190575 on: Today at 07:25:01 am »

My anti-anxiety medication's side effect has a hard counter in the form of caffeine.

Evidently it somehow fucks with the adenine receptors in my brain, or causes it to overproduce adenine, or something. Regardless, the caffeine's stopping me from feeling knackered.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190576 on: Today at 07:50:11 am »

Just, uh. Make sure to consult your doctor on the subject if you haven't already. Working doesn't necessarily mean "not causing kidney failure" or somethin'. Caffeine's usually not super reactive to stuff so far as I'm aware but self medicating (even with a pervasive, socially unquestioned drug) pretty much always adds extra risks.

... also probably be careful what you're getting the caffeine through, heh. Soda's the diabetes route, iirc tea can encourage kidney stones (which if you've never had, you never want and extra never want again if you have), so on, so forth.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190577 on: Today at 08:01:35 am »

I've checked drug interactions. The only thing it interacts with are MAOIs (Which interact with everything, hence why they're used far less often now) and alcohol. The alcohol interaction comes down to a doubling down of the tiredness effect.

The reason I shouldn't be having caffeine is just because it's got a chance, which is small it should be noted, of making my anxiety worse. Nothing to do with the medication, everything to do with my brain not working properly in the first place. And it's either an utterly miniscule risk of the caffeine making my anxiety worse (Which it shouldn't, I've been having caffeine for the first half of this bout of anxiety with some regularity and it did nothing to it) or I feel like I want to sleep all day until my body finally adapts to the medication.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #190578 on: Today at 08:33:24 am »

I never liked caffeine that much, I find them spiderwebs quite accurate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #190579 on: Today at 09:29:57 am »

I don't envy the scientist who had to find the correct dose of sleeping pills for a spider, that wouldn't put it to sleep or kill it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #190580 on: Today at 09:57:19 am »

Maybe the reason it looks like that is because it kept dozing off and starting over
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #190581 on: Today at 10:03:58 am »

Relevant Video
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190582 on: Today at 01:24:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh? Are your turds star shaped when you drink coffee?
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #190583 on: Today at 03:49:43 pm »

LOL  ;D ok no... imagine whatever task you're undertaking as an algorythm, executed perfectly it's that typical spider web - under the effect of drugs you get distracted so instead of going left when you should (in regular intervals) you do a few steps to much or too little and wonder: "wait did I just?... whatever I'll take next"

I don't envy the scientist who had to find the correct dose of sleeping pills for a spider, that wouldn't put it to sleep or kill it.

YOU don't?  :P
« Last Edit: Today at 03:52:35 pm by dragdeler »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190584 on: Today at 08:26:18 pm »

'This is your spider... this is your spider on drugs... any questions?'
*hand raises* "...uh, why do I have a spider?"
'BECAUSE THEY'RE CUTE, shut up, for that you get two extra spiders!'
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190585 on: Today at 09:04:51 pm »

Isn't caffeine literally poision that we're immune to only because the dose, being designed for insects, is too low for us? That spider must be so close to death

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • How is that possible?! We have so many chairs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190586 on: Today at 09:06:19 pm »

Like, everything is poison. Especially every drug, I guess.
Okay, so you've crafted for yourself a set of false, easily falsifiable beliefs about your current situation based off of preconceptions you have from watching too much anime. And now you're going to be mad at me because the reality of the situation does not align with your delusion of how it's supposed to be.

No, I just wish you'd told me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #190587 on: Today at 09:07:54 pm »

Isn't caffeine literally poision that we're immune to only because the dose, being designed for insects, is too low for us? That spider must be so close to death
I did hear the same thing from my housemate the other day, at least.  Sounds right.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190588 on: Today at 09:09:39 pm »

Friggin' weak-ass spider can't handle their drugs.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12704 12705 [12706]