Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12886 12887 [12888] 12889 12890 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14527806 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193305 on: June 03, 2020, 03:33:08 pm »

These new hires are so damn nice on the phone I actually felt bad acting like a fussy customer at them.
After the training drills (is that the right word for these calls you’re doing?), you should tell them this

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193306 on: June 03, 2020, 03:38:23 pm »

These new hires are so damn nice on the phone I actually felt bad acting like a fussy customer at them.
After the training drills (is that the right word for these calls you’re doing?), you should tell them this

I totes did! I had to stop because I have other work to do. Some of em' were adorably nervous, but they all did really good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193307 on: June 03, 2020, 03:42:02 pm »

I totes did! I had to stop because I have other work to do. Some of em' were adorably nervous, but they all did really good.
Wonderful. It sucks that there are people that act shitty, requiring training on how to deal with those people. If everyone was nice, that training wouldn’t have to happen, and also if people were nice, there wouldn’t be crimes, or conflicts, or wars, shootings, riots, etc.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193308 on: June 03, 2020, 03:46:02 pm »

I could tell endless stories about those people.

Had one lady who was in the middle of hurricane sandy in NJ scream at me that she needed her designer shampoo delivered that day. I don't know how she even got a signal.

The number of people who call to whine that their shoes got delayed because people are ordering essentials for COVID is actually.... much, much less than I expected going in. But they are still out there.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193309 on: June 03, 2020, 04:25:11 pm »

Yo I am at work helping train new hires and I get to roleplay fussy customers on fake calls for them this is the most fun I've ever had at work omg.

Did you do the one where the customer is lying about all of the information the worker needs to help the customer?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193310 on: June 03, 2020, 04:26:26 pm »

Yo I am at work helping train new hires and I get to roleplay fussy customers on fake calls for them this is the most fun I've ever had at work omg.

Did you do the one where the customer is lying about all of the information the worker needs to help the customer?
people do that? Why?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193311 on: June 03, 2020, 05:12:14 pm »

people do that? Why?

In my case, that of Amazon deliveries, some idiot is afraid we'll send their package back if they admit they weren't home for their delivery. Pro tip, we won't, we will legit just try again tomorrow.

These people are just too clever to fall for our tricks of "being genuinely helpful" and "we just want to deliver your package, please", though, so they create an enormous tantruming scene about how we are secretly not delivering their package on purpose, for reasons, until they feel important enough to stop and we just deliver their package tomorrow anyway as per usual.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193312 on: June 03, 2020, 05:15:22 pm »

people do that? Why?

In my case, that of Amazon deliveries, some idiot is afraid we'll send their package back if they admit they weren't home for their delivery. Pro tip, we won't, we will legit just try again tomorrow.

These people are just too clever to fall for our tricks of "being genuinely helpful" and "we just want to deliver your package, please", though, so they create an enormous tantruming scene about how we are secretly not delivering their package on purpose, for reasons, until they feel important enough to stop and we just deliver their package tomorrow anyway as per usual.
this sounds like useless time wasting. If someone’s goal is to receive a package, why would they not give info that would assist with delivery? Why waste the time of employees by throwing tantrums? It doesn’t make sense at all

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193313 on: June 03, 2020, 05:18:48 pm »

That is 100% accurate.

But it feeds their ego.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193314 on: June 03, 2020, 05:20:18 pm »

pride.  The number 3 reason humanity is held back is pride.  if you make someone feel bad for doing something, sometimes they didnt learn how to accept that they need to improve and to take those steps.  Sometimes they use irrational behaviors to shift the social guilt around; heavily relying upon the fact that modern businesses will not make them take accountability for their actions.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #193315 on: June 03, 2020, 05:22:34 pm »

People are astoundingly stupid and will force any evidence they come across to fit with the conclusion they already want to find rather than vice versa.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:26:05 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193316 on: June 03, 2020, 05:24:37 pm »

shut up.  you posted after me to try to make me look stupid, didnt you!!!!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193317 on: June 03, 2020, 05:26:26 pm »

I, a human, learned at a young age to learn from mistakes, and that no one is perfect, I also learned that reality is reality no matter what someone thinks. Are these things not taught to most people?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #193318 on: June 03, 2020, 05:35:04 pm »

I, a human, learned at a young age to learn from mistakes, and that no one is perfect, I also learned that reality is reality no matter what someone thinks. Are these things not taught to most people?
Nope. People can be astoundingly, shamefully, obtusely, confoundingly stupid. We are not computers, we don’t run logically or sensibly, we are a mix of chemicals and juices and meat with bones and vocal cords that we barely understand, and we are controlled infinitely more by our emotions and feelings than most would ever admit. And if your feeling says that you don’t want to be proven wrong, you don’t need to think about it, you just need to make sure that it doesn’t happen. That went from a one word answer into a rant on humanity in about five seconds, sorry if any of that was wrong.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193319 on: June 03, 2020, 05:45:43 pm »

Nope. People can be astoundingly, shamefully, obtusely, confoundingly stupid. We are not computers, we don’t run logically or sensibly, we are a mix of chemicals and juices and meat with bones and vocal cords that we barely understand, and we are controlled infinitely more by our emotions and feelings than most would ever admit. And if your feeling says that you don’t want to be proven wrong, you don’t need to think about it, you just need to make sure that it doesn’t happen. That went from a one word answer into a rant on humanity in about five seconds, sorry if any of that was wrong.

If we did, we'd probably be stupider
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12886 12887 [12888] 12889 12890 ... 13311