Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12889 12890 [12891] 12892 12893 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14516387 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193350 on: June 09, 2020, 06:20:22 pm »

Itch.io's racial justice bundle is... kinda' crazy. 5 USD minimum buy in, pay what you want past that, gets you access to, uh. 1400 and counting different... things. Mostly computer games, some tabletop, plus like occasional art assets and whatnot. And it's not just bottle barrel shovelware or somethin', there's quite a lot of legit high quality stuff in there. It's nuts, and a good kind of nuts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193351 on: June 09, 2020, 06:39:42 pm »

So a massive backlog to add to the massive backlog?  :o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #193352 on: June 10, 2020, 04:18:20 am »

I'm kind of weirded out by people who doesn't buy the bundle because they felt like they won't use most of the bundle. Like... that's kinda the point. I'm just buying it for Oxenfree and the social aspect. Getting The Sleuth playbook for Blades in the Dark and various visual novels is a bonus.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193353 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:19 am »

I'm kind of weirded out by people who buy the bundle despite knowing they won't play most of the games. What kind of perverse materialism is that? Why don't you just donate the money directly instead?
Love, scriver~

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193354 on: June 10, 2020, 04:43:56 am »

Materialism? What material?

Information age capitalism makes no sense anyway. Just roll with it.
One wheel short of a wagon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193355 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:54 am »

Materialism? What material?

Information age capitalism makes no sense anyway. Just roll with it.

All information is material somewhere
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193356 on: June 10, 2020, 06:38:22 am »

Some Daphnia I ordered online arrived today.

One bag for the aqurium fish to eat, one bag for the shrimp tank to clear out some algae, one bag for the pond for the same reason.

They're kinda cute to watch swimming around with the shrimp. Kind of like a tiny egg that swims using a mustache.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193357 on: June 10, 2020, 06:43:57 am »

I'm kind of weirded out by people who buy the bundle despite knowing they won't play most of the games. What kind of perverse materialism is that? Why don't you just donate the money directly instead?
Honestly, at least part of the reason for me is plausible deniability. If someone gives me shit about donating a bit of my limited funds to the NAACP and a bail fund (and stateside organizations, cops, whatever, absolutely have a history of doing things like that), I can say I was in it for the games. Most of the rest of it was just using the games as an excuse to trick my eternally penny pinching hindbrain into not complaining about it. Spending most of your life with little to no disposable funds can fuck with your decision making process pretty hard in some ways. It's a massive pain in the ass to convince myself to donate to stuff, but dropping a bit to functionally put a fork in most of the rest of the year's entertainment budget is much easier.

Rest of it was just that the buy in price was bloody crazy, heh. Even if most of it was stuff I wasn't interested in, the price I did drop was a massive discount just on the stuff I was. It ain't materialism driving the thought processes there, it's fiscal scarcity :P
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193358 on: June 10, 2020, 06:52:20 am »

I mean, I totally understand it ;)

I just wanted to turn cinder's comment around because I felt hit (it hurt me deep in the heart, Cinder, deep!) I don't want 1.200 games. What would I even do with them. It's too many to even parse for the games I actually want. It's like. I really like books. Despite not reading much books any more since I lost my ability to concentrate well, but you know, I still like books. My brother. He likes books. Her buy an entire book anticuarium if he got the chance. He's literally bought entire cartons of books without even knowing what's in them. And it's like that. I don't want that. It's too many books. It stresses me out just thinking about it.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193359 on: June 10, 2020, 07:16:49 am »

I guess? This isn't a carton of books, though. Space wise you could probably fit most or all of it on a flash drive or two; rather than filling a room with stuff, it literally fits in your pocket. I could dig you if it were like CD cases or old game boxes or somethin' (I'm in a similar place with books, if I tried to feed my reading habit with actual print media I'd probably fill a good portion of the surrounding countryside with books and book related material), but it's just... not. S'just data, and data is both super cheap and super space efficient...

E: Shifting through it for stuff you're interested in is a different story, but... honestly, all it really takes is setting aside an hour or two (or a few minutes every once in a bit) to skim through looking for stuff you're interested in. Not a huge effort in practice, more or less. The first time you encounter that kind of thing can be kinda' intimidating (like walking into a bookstore or library for the first time :P), I guess, but it's pretty easy to get used to.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:20:10 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193360 on: June 10, 2020, 07:47:40 am »

Jeez, I buy a shitload of books, but I try to at least grab ones I have some interest in.   
Though I suppose I could see myself buying them by the carton if that's how they were being sold, and for the right price - kind of a lucky dip.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193361 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:15 am »

Lootboxes are surprise mechanics lol
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193362 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:01 am »

Realistically this bundle’s got enough ‘big name’ games that makes it worth it, not so much all the shovelware that’s backloaded with it. Even then, those ‘big name’ games I either already have or would prefer to get on Steam

If you’re in it for donation purposes, just donate to an organization directly and get a tax deductible
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193363 on: June 10, 2020, 10:39:45 am »

I guess? This isn't a carton of books, though. Space wise you could probably fit most or all of it on a flash drive or two; rather than filling a room with stuff, it literally fits in your pocket. I could dig you if it were like CD cases or old game boxes or somethin' (I'm in a similar place with books, if I tried to feed my reading habit with actual print media I'd probably fill a good portion of the surrounding countryside with books and book related material), but it's just... not. S'just data, and data is both super cheap and super space efficient...

E: Shifting through it for stuff you're interested in is a different story, but... honestly, all it really takes is setting aside an hour or two (or a few minutes every once in a bit) to skim through looking for stuff you're interested in. Not a huge effort in practice, more or less. The first time you encounter that kind of thing can be kinda' intimidating (like walking into a bookstore or library for the first time :P), I guess, but it's pretty easy to get used to.

It's not a carton of books, but it's stresses me out for the same reason: it's just too many. A carton of books is much much less books. It's not the space they take up in real life. It's the space they take up in my mind

Jeez, I buy a shitload of books, but I try to at least grab ones I have some interest in.   
Though I suppose I could see myself buying them by the carton if that's how they were being sold, and for the right price - kind of a lucky dip.       

He'll literally buy unsorted cartons of books at auctions just because. It's borderline hoarder behaviour. Hoarderline behaviour. Behavioarderline.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193364 on: June 10, 2020, 03:42:58 pm »

I started making music stuff in FFXIV and people actually stop to listen and they say it makes them happy and that makes me happy :>
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 12889 12890 [12891] 12892 12893 ... 13311