Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12891 12892 [12893] 12894 12895 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552028 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193380 on: June 12, 2020, 01:57:08 pm »

Male hookers have bigger hooks!
No, you’re thinking of giant fishing poles
?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193381 on: June 12, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »

You mean because they all cosplay as pirates?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193382 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:23 pm »

?

i forgot that was in that movie. Imagine of a Toy Story was real, what would be considered a toy and given life? Would origami creatures be considered toys? What about if a toy gets broken? Would the separate parts become independent entities? I know Mr Potato Head and family are supposed to break, but what about if a hydra toy with say, 4 heads, has the heads placed on different bodies, would they be separate entities? Would parts carry memories with them to new bodies, or is the new body of parts getting memories erased and starting anew?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193383 on: June 12, 2020, 02:11:35 pm »

Man I'm weird I never liked Toy Story even as a kid

I thought it was just kind of boring
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193384 on: June 12, 2020, 03:11:14 pm »

Did you just make a penis joke Naturegirl?

I am proud of you :D
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193385 on: June 12, 2020, 07:39:45 pm »

?

i forgot that was in that movie. Imagine of a Toy Story was real, what would be considered a toy and given life? Would origami creatures be considered toys? What about if a toy gets broken? Would the separate parts become independent entities? I know Mr Potato Head and family are supposed to break, but what about if a hydra toy with say, 4 heads, has the heads placed on different bodies, would they be separate entities? Would parts carry memories with them to new bodies, or is the new body of parts getting memories erased and starting anew?
Youre thinking too hard about it.  A 'toy' is anything which is given a life of its own in a childs imagination. I can imagine youre too young to really know the neverending story, but how about the nuumerous examples of fictional gods who exist and have power because people believe in them or pray to them?  The toys are alive because children pouur their imagination into them.  If somebody were to pour the same energy into a power tool, it too might become alive.  Or a car . . . well maybe we dont imagine cars are alive any more
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193386 on: June 12, 2020, 08:52:41 pm »

But how deep does THAT rabbit hole go? Do the kids in Toy Story have divine powers or aspects because the toys believe in them? Maybe Sid is just a normal kid, but the collective unconscious belief of the toys is making him the way he is. Maybe he's the scapegoat for the negativity of their id and they don't even realize it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #193387 on: June 12, 2020, 09:01:55 pm »

sid represented our repressed need to demonstrate what happens too overlords who treat their plebs toys with disregard.  The scene where the tortures the army men?  Not an entirely veiled cry for revolution.

What made Sid a good character is that there was a real depth to his symbolism.

The downtrodden and oppressed toys?  Just similes for the people who were used and thrown away and then never forgot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:04:06 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193388 on: June 12, 2020, 09:32:48 pm »

I saw the most recent Toy Story and one of the main characters is a plastic fork with googly eyes who believes he’s trash, not a toy. He is given life because he’s a toy to a five year old. Because he thinks he’s trash, he keeps trying to ‘throw himself away’or pretty much kill himself
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #193389 on: June 12, 2020, 09:36:05 pm »

sid represented our repressed need to demonstrate what happens too overlords who treat their plebs toys with disregard.  The scene where the tortures the army men?  Not an entirely veiled cry for revolution.

What made Sid a good character is that there was a real depth to his symbolism.

The downtrodden and oppressed toys?  Just similes for the people who were used and thrown away and then never forgot.

The problem with that line of though is that’s more of a meta thing, Sid being a character in a story representing an idea outside of it.

Within the story, you suggested the kiddiwinkles give the toys life by essentially believing their alive.

Sid created the Frankenstein-toys, and it would be his belief (perhaps his sister’s?) that gives them life. Why do the toys rebel against him, as their creator? If he’s the one imagining them, he’s the one that gives them their personality. If their personality is to effectively overthrow him for what they might see as torturing them, what does that say about Sid?

Nah, Sid has such low self-esteem that even the creations he controls in his head don’t like him. Unless it’s his sister doing the believing, but then we need to consider at what point control over the identity of a toy is transferred between people. Does his sister retain control because the toys were her’s in the first place, or does Sid now have control of them as he made them?

An interesting thing to consider as the Frankenstein toys help out Buzz by repairing his arm.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193390 on: June 12, 2020, 10:42:32 pm »

Maybe they start out being controlled, but gradually generate their own thoughts as their bodies are being puppets, eventually being able to think freely even though they "feed on", "eat" imagination. Think like a wasp larvae living inside its host until it breaks out, it can still eat meat. In this analogy the larva is the toy, living in the host is being under control, eating their way out is thinking for themselves,, continuing to eat the meat after breaking out is the toys still requiring the imagination of their hosts, even though free will has formed. With the Frankenstein toys, they were parts of the sister's toys that got combined with other parts. Perhaps the toys have dustribured memory storage, and being put on new parts combines the memories from the bodies involved, creating a new entity, though this new entity now can feed on imagination from two hosts, since the original parts had a host, and their second host allowed them to feed when he made new configurations.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #193391 on: June 12, 2020, 10:46:09 pm »

itt toy story is actually the warp
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193392 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:25 pm »

You mean because they all cosplay as pirates?

Byarrrrrrrrr

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193393 on: June 13, 2020, 07:59:54 am »

I don't think they retain any parts of their old personas because sid see them as their new personas.
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193394 on: June 13, 2020, 09:01:03 am »

I don't think they retain any parts of their old personas because sid see them as their new personas.
A personality could be described as the patchwork of memories, taking the pieces of different puzzles and connecting them to different pieces would result in a new puzzle, even if the memories are retained
Pages: 1 ... 12891 12892 [12893] 12894 12895 ... 13312