Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12902 12903 [12904] 12905 12906 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14577833 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193545 on: June 27, 2020, 09:45:08 pm »

Actually the lyrics are inspired by one of Jim Jone's speeches. Thought it was relevant given the current discussion :p
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193546 on: June 28, 2020, 03:31:27 pm »

So the frontpage is down, I assume because there is a new DF talk, I listened to easily 4-5 hours of new toady talks these past weeks, and I am getting really hyped for the steam release! I've been meaning to get back in the game for a while but I've been putting it off till steam release, worried that there might be changes relevant to world gen.

Also I'm a tad worried about file-management and third party tools, you know the general flow for the ease of life options being altered, but I'll have to read up on a lot of stuff I forgot since anyway - I'm sure it'll be allright.

let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #193547 on: June 28, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

wait, guys, what happens when the steam version drops and we get flooded with new nonsense and memes?

what about us down here on the sane lower boards?

P:
All of the best-known memes from DF are outdated or about adamantine being a carnival attraction.  I wont sit by and watch a new generation of little beards be corrupted with antiquated slang!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193548 on: June 28, 2020, 05:52:26 pm »

It was inevitable. 2014 memes count as new and fresh, right?

Maybe I'll be able to convince some of the new kids to come participate in RTD, hmm.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193549 on: June 28, 2020, 06:50:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:43:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193550 on: June 28, 2020, 08:23:39 pm »

I started up a new game that caught my eye: "Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children" and it bears some promise. Though, the game hasn't quite defined what a trouble shooter is exactly, but they seem to be freelance police officers? Not independent enough to be rogue bounty hunters, not centralized enough to be an actual police force; but I've just started the game, and that's not even what I wanted to talk about. What really caught my interest is the anime, almost Persona-esque aesthetic, but combined with an abhorrently poor English translation. I'm sure most people would consider that an unambiguous negative, but there's something about Chinese/Korean game translations that are always, to me, weirdly charming. It's like if a child with only the loosest sense of grammatical rules were the one in charge of localizing everything in the game, and you wind up with tons of instances of stilted, unnatural dialogue, and menu text that is frequently weird and awkward.

And I kinda like it, it has it's own charm, like an uncanny valley of grammar that is just close enough to being correct that you can understand it, but just wrong enough to occasionally make you think you're having a stroke.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193551 on: June 28, 2020, 09:12:26 pm »

Can you show examples of the Uncanny Valley grammar?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193552 on: June 28, 2020, 09:44:37 pm »

wait, guys, what happens when the steam version drops and we get flooded with new nonsense and memes?

P:
All of the best-known memes from DF are outdated or about adamantine being a carnival attraction.  I wont sit by and watch a new generation of little beards be corrupted with antiquated slang!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #193553 on: June 28, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »

P:

You assume they won’t just use the Steam discussion boards for that kind of nonsense.

... has the Great Order Chaos been fixed? I clicked on a quote link to this message and it actually worked.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193554 on: June 28, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »

I think the Disorder mainly affects the WTF thread

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193555 on: June 28, 2020, 11:55:40 pm »

Honestly I'm not too hyped for the Steam release because it's just cosmetic stuff and I already learned the normal interface and I'm too used to ASCII. Pretty sure he said it will only have QoL features compared to normal DF. Which I don't need. I will just donate another <cost of the game> dollars. However it will bring in more new people and that's usually good.

Also the Greatdisorder only affects posts made before Toady ran that script.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:00:29 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193556 on: June 28, 2020, 11:59:06 pm »

I'll be happy to be able to have a square ascii set for tiles alongside non-square for interface, mostly.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193557 on: June 29, 2020, 12:01:19 am »

Also the Greatdisorder only affects posts made before Toady ran that script.

For me, the quotes work while on the latest page but bug out going even one page back (for instance, in this thread).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193558 on: June 29, 2020, 12:02:22 am »

I do kinda like the idea of being able to play through Steam so all my legions of friends, fans and followers can see what I'm playing and be inducted into the madness of DF. ...Oh gods, what have I become? I used to be so stalwartly opposed to Steam. What became of my principles?!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193559 on: June 29, 2020, 12:09:46 am »

I'm not looking forward to playing on steam because I often run DF in the background while playing other games and steam probably won't allow that
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12902 12903 [12904] 12905 12906 ... 13312