Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12907 12908 [12909] 12910 12911 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14565620 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #193620 on: June 30, 2020, 07:55:30 am »

An American werewooOOOOooo in London

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193623 on: June 30, 2020, 03:19:26 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193624 on: June 30, 2020, 03:40:32 pm »

Thanks! Nice additions to my desktop rotation. If my photography was better I'd probably think about sharing some of my own landscape pictures one of these days...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193625 on: June 30, 2020, 06:28:15 pm »

This popped up in my Youtube recommendations. Never heard of it before, but glad I watched it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193626 on: June 30, 2020, 06:55:58 pm »

This popped up in my Youtube recommendations. Never heard of it before, but glad I watched it.
Love this, it -piped in my recommendations too a few months ago I think? I hope it becomes a series

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193627 on: July 01, 2020, 06:15:10 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193628 on: July 01, 2020, 06:36:52 am »

I really like all these pictures you've posted, wish I could take pictures that looked that good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193629 on: July 01, 2020, 07:13:27 am »

Are you camera walking chairman or do you take those with 7our telescamera too?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193630 on: July 01, 2020, 07:41:21 am »

It varies, but those in particular were taken from a nearby hill. I took my tripod and set up the camera with a 70-300mm Tamron lens. Other times I've gone out with a table tripod, but you need a reasonably flat surface to set it up.

(Actually this hill, in a pic I took a few weeks back. The new ones were taken from near the tree)

I've camera walked too but that kind of forces you to use auto-settings, which while not inherently bad wont necessarily result in the exposure, focus, and white balance you're looking for, and IMO the best thing about DSLR is customization.  Tbh if I'm camera walking a reflex camera is a bit overkill, might as well bring a good compact (eg a canon powershot), as the reflex will only bring a bit of quality increase (not even that with the one I have as its good but old.. less MP than the powershot. I ought to buy a newer one)  at the cost of significant weight increase, which will make it harder to handle

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193631 on: July 01, 2020, 03:48:40 pm »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193632 on: July 01, 2020, 03:53:29 pm »

Is that an IR filter in the last image?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193633 on: July 01, 2020, 04:04:11 pm »

I know my way around the night sky pretty well, at least the northern part of it. Yet every time I see a picture of stars I get totally confused. What are we looking at? Is that Cygnus?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193634 on: July 01, 2020, 04:16:44 pm »

@wierd no filter. And white balance was the same in all pics. I think its a combination of extra exposure and light contamination.

@Il Palazzo  yes, or at least I was meaning to  shoot it.
I think the disorientation comes from different perspectives (picture above is a 70mm piece, below a 24mm one). Also the exposure results in extra stars showing up which makes stuff look different than to the naked eye
Pages: 1 ... 12907 12908 [12909] 12910 12911 ... 13312