Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12743 12744 [12745]

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7823327 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #191160 on: October 15, 2019, 07:48:55 pm »

They’re an environmental protest group (or rather, started as such) that use civil disobedience to get their point across. Ground London to a halt for a few days a few months back, several times, then got a lot more protests in various cities in the UK more recently, and have now gone international, which is presumably why dragdeler is receiving invites.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191161 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:29 pm »

It will probably be raining as I go to sleep. I enjoy falling asleep to rain.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #191162 on: Today at 03:12:21 am »

They’re an environmental protest group (or rather, started as such) that use civil disobedience to get their point across. Ground London to a halt for a few days a few months back, several times, then got a lot more protests in various cities in the UK more recently, and have now gone international, which is presumably why dragdeler is receiving invites.

Correct. The "extinction" in the name refers to the current mass extinction event, not voluntary extinction. I'd be more involved with them if they didn't seem to somehow be pathologically allergic to leadership, which makes it very difficult to tell what's actually going on.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #191163 on: Today at 05:37:08 am »

It will probably be raining as I go to sleep. I enjoy falling asleep to rain.

Does it rain that seldom where you live? It hasn't stopped for weeks here, maybe a few rays on noon but that's it.

What annoys me about most climate protests is that millions of people don't come up with anything better than a carbon tax, we've been dealing CO2 certificates for years now and IMHO that didn't help. Even if we do get our carbon emissions "straightened out" there is like a the whole table of elements being used recklessly...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #191164 on: Today at 05:49:11 am »

XR, at least in my country, is pushing for more than carbon taxes. Disengagement from fossil fuel economy, rapid transition to renewables, and all the ordinary stuff. Disengagement from fossil fuel economy is a big one, because in many places coal is increasingly inefficient and propped up by subsidies as much as its own power.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...
Pages: 1 ... 12743 12744 [12745]