Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12927 12928 [12929] 12930 12931 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14544649 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #193920 on: July 31, 2020, 08:11:37 pm »

"Aye...KA-BOOOM... I could do that..."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:28:14 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #193921 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:23 pm »

"Toss me!" - Gimli yells, loading himself into a cannon.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193922 on: July 31, 2020, 09:01:30 pm »

Aragorn gets an upgrade.

"Very bright was that M9 bazooka when it was made whole again; the light of the M6A3 HEAT ordnance shone redly in it, and the light of the M7A3 practice rounds shone cold, and its explosive yield was hard and keen. And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it M9A1, Flame of the West."
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #193923 on: July 31, 2020, 10:55:47 pm »

I hung out with a friend I don't see often today and it was fun and nice and all that. Good to see her again.

now I'm all hopped up on endorphins

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193924 on: July 31, 2020, 11:27:12 pm »

And bazookas I hope.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193925 on: August 01, 2020, 01:12:44 am »

Bard slaying Smaug just became the coolest dragon slaying of all time.
I mean, would it? I'm aware of several settings that have both bazookas and dragons, and at least one that has biplane/dragon dogfights as one of its main hooks. Smaug getting rocketed would pretty certainly not actually become the coolest dragon slaying of all time.

Pretty sure it wouldn't even break top 10, honestly, the bardening is pretty pedestrian as dragon slaying goes and rocket fire can only do so much to change that. Maybe if smaug was sky-surfing around on rockets himself or somethin'. Giant dragon blazing around the skies riding on a huge ICBM, yo', throwing around MIRV volleys and dragonfire. Now you're getting places. Rocket danmaku hell, bard jumping around on individual missiles looking for a clean shot. Dude gets in a hit and smaug gets pissed, breaths fire up into the air and then you have draconic napalm raining from the sky and a huge angry dragon just straight up throwing down a macross missile massacre at this little dude bouncing among the hurtling explosives.

I can see it, and it is beautiful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193926 on: August 01, 2020, 02:08:50 am »

This. This is what happens.

First you give Bilbo a halberd and then suddenly everybody has got bacookas.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193927 on: August 01, 2020, 05:01:16 am »

The hobbits are a peaceful, quiet people. They have the heavy armaments to prove it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193928 on: August 01, 2020, 06:54:12 am »

A person I have been helping to get his compaq portable II working at AtariAge forums posted a video of his rig working. :P

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/306466-compaq-portable-ii-questions/?do=findComment&comment=4598446

It's been a long, grueling slog to get the thing going; I had to order some equipment in order to generate the floppy diskettes he needed (and then do jiggery pokery to make it all work for me), then mail the diskettes to him halfway across the country. I also had to counsel him on the finer parts of installing Disk Manager on an old 286 class system so that his CF->IDE adapter would report the correct size volume. (because this thing was made in 1980!!)

I had to mail him a disk set with 9 diskettes in it, containing compaq dos 3.31, and the system's proprietary setup utilities, because this is from the days when ROM was expensive. (So it lacks a ROM based cmos setup program. You HAVE to run it from a diskette!  A 360kb, 5.25 inch diskette.)

Since they had been trying to get this going for 3 months, it makes me real happy to see this thing going.

I DO note that the system options not set error keeps appearing.. He needs to replace that battery.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:13:51 am by wierd »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193929 on: August 01, 2020, 06:59:40 am »

He'll finally be able to play Zork the way it was MEANT to be played.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193930 on: August 01, 2020, 07:15:15 am »

But then he would be eaten by a grue!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193931 on: August 01, 2020, 07:44:51 am »

Wouldn't giving the hobbits bazookas trivialize a lot of stuff in the book if they could just blow it up right as appears, I mean it would be interesting to see it done, you could say it was a book by Michael Bay given how much crap would be exploding in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193932 on: August 01, 2020, 07:56:13 am »

Wouldn't giving the hobbits bazookas trivialize a lot of stuff in the book if they could just blow it up right as appears, I mean it would be interesting to see it done, you could say it was a book by Michael Bay given how much crap would be exploding in it.

I mean, if we're adding modern weapons to a fantasy world, why stop at bazookas? We can just have Frodo ride a cruise missile straight to Mt. Doom, that'll show Sauron who's boss.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193933 on: August 01, 2020, 08:15:42 am »

Finally Done! sent my last test to this semester and I AM FREE!
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193934 on: August 01, 2020, 08:21:38 am »

I mean, if we're adding modern weapons to a fantasy world, why stop at bazookas? We can just have Frodo ride a cruise missile straight to Mt. Doom, that'll show Sauron who's boss.
Honestly I'm just thinking of a metal max/lotr crossover at this point. The hobbits have tanks, the eagles drop bombs, and sauron is thirty feet taller with chaingun hands, the eye embedded in his chest and firing lasers, and a third mutant arm waving around his mace encrusted with flak cannons. It'd be friggin' great. The spiders could have laser eyes and acid webbing, probably treads, too. You could do a lot with it, plus you'd have orcs and/or goblins with mad max getup and probably AKs or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 12927 12928 [12929] 12930 12931 ... 13312