Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12957 12958 [12959] 12960 12961 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538023 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194370 on: October 08, 2020, 06:21:15 pm »

Yo anything from terminalmontage with kirbo in it makes me cry laughter.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194371 on: October 09, 2020, 08:52:17 am »

So, I'm leaving for college soon. I'm both really happy and a bit scared. I think I need to say something.

Like, I'm leaving home. I'm entering a new chapter in life, one where I'll be more free than I've ever been. I love my parents, but I know that they, by nature of being parents, have restricted me from truly expressing myself. I'll still be somewhat restricted, but at least there are fewer restrictions placed on me. I know lots of people find themselves during college, so I'm hoping that I find myself around the same time.

If you told me, start of last year, that I would make it this far, I don't think I would've believed you. I was a paranoid, stressed-out teen, and I was teetering on the edge of a mental breakdown. Not to say that I'm still not paranoid, but I like to think that I've improved in this regard. Going further back, I was a dumb kid. I was bullied for being socially-inept. While they contributed massively to my future struggles with mental illness, I learned from that. I became better at talking to people, and I made friends. Actual friends, that I trust to some extent, which is a high honor, considering the constant ghost of bullies past that looms over me. I won't mention names, but there was that girl in cram school, the group of friends in high school, and... Bay12.

Honestly, Bay12 has been a huge influence on me. I've only been here for a year and 8 months, but it's undeniable how much y'all have changed me for the better. You've all been amazing, you've all been supportive, you've all been... there for me. I was not in the best place back then, and I'm sure I would've been in a far worse place now had I not decided, seemingly at random, to register an account on here. I started with some kind of succession fort, and I eventually barged in here, the Bay12 General Discussion (and associated boards/threads) group. Y'all accepted me, the weird, 'perpetually lost' (to borrow my sigtext), kid. What did you see in me that I couldn't see in myself?

And on the other hand, while y'all are very much positive, y'all are realistic, genuine. I don't feel a need to censor my emotions here, except when it would also endanger me. Y'all are supportive, yes, but there are times where some of you go "please don't, for the love that all that is good in this world, don't" to some of my dumb ideas. There's a sense of realness that I think tends to be lost in larger communities. There's no forced positivity going on here; we're (wow, look at me, thinking I'm representing Bay12) allowed to feel whatever emotion we want here, and we just let it happen. Maybe that's down to the average age of current Bay12 General Discussion users; pulling a number out of nowhere, I'd say ~30 years old. I'm not about to look through people's profiles and posts to find that out; too creepy, I feel. I like a large dataset to play with, but that's going too far.

Sorry, this got off track real fast. Probably says something about me when talking about Bay12 takes up more than half the post. Maybe I learned that skill of topic-drifting from here, heh. I'll just say this: when Toady dies and we all go our separate ways, I'll remember y'all fondly.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #194372 on: October 09, 2020, 10:19:14 am »

Even when he does... aren't there plans to hand over DF development to someone trusted? I think? Surely Bay12 would also go to them.

But that isn't exactly happy regardless so it's a discussion for another time, another thread.

Anyways I feel the same.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #194373 on: October 09, 2020, 01:36:02 pm »

I am considering making a return to these forums, especially given how much more comfortable with myself I am.

So yeah. That's it, that's the post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #194374 on: October 09, 2020, 02:32:08 pm »

Got a new cord for my laptop. I can do stuff again!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194375 on: October 09, 2020, 03:08:20 pm »

I am considering making a return to these forums, especially given how much more comfortable with myself I am.

So yeah. That's it, that's the post.

You're always good company, Teneb. Welcome back!
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194376 on: October 09, 2020, 05:13:41 pm »

Helluva Boss Episode 1 announced for this month.

Aw yiss... :D
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194377 on: October 09, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »

It's about time wow.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #194378 on: October 09, 2020, 06:09:55 pm »

So, I'm leaving for college soon. I'm both really happy and a bit scared. I think I need to say something.

This was real nice. Good luck at college, meth.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194379 on: October 09, 2020, 06:10:53 pm »

Also yes that was very nice to hear, meth spirit. I hope you will do well.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194380 on: October 09, 2020, 06:37:59 pm »

I sorted through all the books I had stored away in the basement! I've got three out of seven boxes ready to ship off to greener pastures
Like... these pastures? Hmm?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194381 on: October 09, 2020, 06:39:34 pm »

Dude, a bookshare sounds amazing!  Ive got some old sci-fi and fantasy somewhere around here.....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194382 on: October 09, 2020, 07:09:57 pm »

The church down the street has a little covered stand for sharing books!  It also has sanitary wipes and is just the nicest thing, I love honor system things like that.

In fact it reminds me of a book store I used to live near which kept a couple shelves of low-value books outside under an awning.  There was a pay-what-you-want slot.  It was mostly out of date textbooks but various other things too.  I wasn't able to pay a lot, but I donated most of it back when I had to move.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194383 on: October 09, 2020, 07:10:32 pm »

Most of my books are in Swedish though...
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194384 on: October 09, 2020, 07:55:51 pm »

Curry powder in cream of chicken soup with some cheese and honey turkey is damn good.

Got some curry powder a bit ago to see if the grandparent that shouldn't be eating salt or much potassium (i.e. the most common salt replacement) liked it, since then I've been putting it in/on basically everything I've ate. It's been pretty good, biggest flub was on mac & cheese + mashed potatoes (I super like the texture that results from mixing those), and I'm mostly sure that was more due to the potatoes than anything -- it was still edible enough, just somehow even blander than when made without it.

I'm understanding better why curry is apparently pretty popular in places.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 12957 12958 [12959] 12960 12961 ... 13312