Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12961 12962 [12963] 12964 12965 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14552875 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194430 on: October 16, 2020, 08:31:57 am »

Didn't see any of those threads' OPs in a while (or ever)... I'll do it once I write up an OP. If someone wants to beat me to it then sure.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #194431 on: October 16, 2020, 11:19:48 am »

Merry Christmas LordBaal!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194432 on: October 17, 2020, 03:57:07 am »

Past couple weeks have been good. It's been nice to escape from my depression for a while. Don't know how long it'll last, probably not too much longer based on past events, but for now I'm enjoying it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194433 on: October 17, 2020, 07:26:12 am »

I've got a book that talks about how to reprime primers, if people want me to write down what it says I can.

Please do, I didn't think that was possible.
I'm going to copy what the book says word for word, things in parentheses are things I've added to say what the pictures from the book show.
I think you can to skip the first two steps since you mentioned your already reloading your own ammo so I'm going to assume you've got the tool that can remove the primers, but I'm going to include it just in case.

Reusable Primer
A method of making a previously fired primer reusable.

MATERIALS REQUIRED

Used cartridge case
2 long nails having approximately the diameter as the inside of the primer pocket
"Strike-anywhere" matches - 2 or 3 are needed for each primer
Vise
Hammer
Knife or other Sharpe edged instrument

(It doesn't mention this but a file should also be on this list.)

Procedure

1. File one nail to a needle point so that it is small enough to fit through hole in primer pocket.
(Next to this is a picture of the nail being filed, and a picture of a nail with a pointier tip.)

2. Place cartridge case and nail between jaws of vise. Force out fired primer with nail as shown.
(The picture shows the nail being inserted into the cartage case in a way that it sticks into the primer, then put into the vice in a way that allows the primer to be pushed out when the vice is closed.)

3. Remove anvil from primer cup.
(Next to this is a picture of the anvil it looks similar to a three leafed clover.)

4. File down  point of second nail until tip is flat.
(Next to this a picture of a nail with the tip flattened.)

5. Remove indentations from face of primer with hammer and flattened nail.
(Next to this is a picture of the flattened nail in the primer cup with a hammer striking it.)

6. Cut off tips of the heads of "strike-anywhere" matches using knife. Carefully crush the match tips on dry surface with wooden match stick until the mixture is the consistency of sugar.
(Next to this is a picture of a match with the pieces labeled.)

CAUTION: Do not crush more than 3 match tips at one time or the mixture may explode.

7.Pour mixture into primer cup. Compress mixture with wooden match stick until primer cup is fully packed.
(Next to this is a picture of the match stick compressing the mixture into the primer.)

8. Place anvil in primer pocket with legs down.
(Next to this is a picture of the bottom of the cartridge case with anvil placed in the primer pocket.)

9. Place cup in pocket with mixture facing downward.
(Next to this is a picture of the cartridge with the anvil in it and the primer cup with mixture being placed in to it.)

10. Place cartridge case and primer cup between vice jaws, and press slowly until primer is seated into bottom of pocket. The primer is now ready to use.
(Next to this is a picture of the cartridge in a vice with the primer slightly sticking out.)

Hopefully this can help you, if you want to see the pictures I can scan this for you.

If you want to know what you can do with the left over match bits the book contains a use for those as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194434 on: October 17, 2020, 09:26:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for the thoughtful presentation, that took a bit of work for you, KZ  :)

I read through that carefully and understand it (thanks to your descriptions of the pictures, and to having seen primers up-close before).  There are reloading some tools I have which would make the process easier and less potentially damaging to the finished cartridge, particularly to avoid using a vice if possible on the soft brass. 

It sure looks like a lot of work to achieve the goal, but in extreme situations it would be very useful.  Curiosity makes me want to try it in spite of my reservations about the safety and reliability of the finished primer.  I'd certainly need to use my magnifying glass!

(edit:  I'm curious what book this is from.)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194435 on: October 17, 2020, 09:34:05 am »

Searching parts of the quote, it appears to be from the US Army TM 31-210 Improvised Munitions Handbook.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194436 on: October 17, 2020, 10:19:51 am »

Thanks m, I should have done that search.  Target Acquired.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194437 on: October 17, 2020, 10:53:49 am »

I've got a book that talks about how to reprime primers, if people want me to write down what it says I can.
I don't understand, are you people interested/trying to reprime or punsih the leaders of the autobots? Would not a high energy PEM work better? :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:58:39 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194438 on: October 17, 2020, 01:39:13 pm »

I don't think you need to do anything in particular to get rid of the Autobots (or the decepticons), since despite the obscene abundance of energy in the galaxy, they still somehow don't have enough, despite having practical superluminal travel, astro-engineering, and literal grey-goo nanofabrication at their disposal.

Clearly, they are too stupid to survive, and you don't need to do anything to make them go extinct. They will do it on their own.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194439 on: October 17, 2020, 05:17:21 pm »

And they waste what energy they have on infighting. It's tragic, really.

I met a ton of cool women and listened to them. I also listened to a woman who wasn't so cool, and refused to wear a mask, but she left. It was nice to be out of town for a little while, finally, despite the necessary precautions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194440 on: October 17, 2020, 05:18:44 pm »

So for speed dating or -?

I too listened to women.  I reactivated my dating apps, and I have scored over 20 likes in a few hours.  Gonna assume half are bots though.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194441 on: October 17, 2020, 06:04:38 pm »

Nah, Im sure you are really a handsome individual. All of us DF players are.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194442 on: October 17, 2020, 06:35:14 pm »

These women were in Washington DC (and also many other cities due to travel restrictions) and asking them on dates would have been a faux pas.  There were some eligible bachelors but they were busy listening like me!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194443 on: October 18, 2020, 07:29:20 am »

Thanks for the thoughtful presentation, that took a bit of work for you, KZ  :)
Your welcome I figured if I had the info and you could use it I might as well share it, would have been easier if the book had just stayed open so I could use both hands to type.

It sure looks like a lot of work to achieve the goal, but in extreme situations it would be very useful.  Curiosity makes me want to try it in spite of my reservations about the safety and reliability of the finished primer.  I'd certainly need to use my magnifying glass!
I've thought about trying it but I don't know of anywhere that sells strike anywhere matches, and I don't have a way ether buy or make new bullets for the cases I have, might have to sacrifice one to use to make a mold.

Searching parts of the quote, it appears to be from the US Army TM 31-210 Improvised Munitions Handbook.
That's the book, I was hesitant to say the name as it seems like the thing that can get you on certain government lists for owning given how every page has "For official use only" at the top, but it might not be as I bought it at a used book store.

I don't understand, are you people interested/trying to reprime or punsih the leaders of the autobots? Would not a high energy PEM work better? :P
The newer transformers movies are bad and the autobots should be punished for being a part of them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194444 on: October 23, 2020, 06:08:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:31:39 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 12961 12962 [12963] 12964 12965 ... 13312