Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12964 12965 [12966] 12967 12968 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553115 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194475 on: October 26, 2020, 04:38:35 pm »

Redking!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194476 on: October 26, 2020, 06:10:10 pm »

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194478 on: October 26, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »

Ooh, I play saxophone! What make is it?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194479 on: October 26, 2020, 08:07:21 pm »

My grandmother's father's  :D

I think she said E alto?  Im going to take it to a music shop in the city and see that it functions appropriately and I can actually use it.  Plan to spend a few hours learning to play
PKs DF Mod!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #194480 on: October 26, 2020, 10:04:33 pm »

looks like an open and shut case of birthday sax

judging by the dust, the instrument hasn't been used in a long time

(Concakeulations, Redking, pisskop, that is a fine looking piece of saxophone; I hope you have fresh reeds.)
Thank you. I also *literally* had cake. nomnomnom

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194481 on: October 26, 2020, 11:26:18 pm »

My grandmother's father's  :D

That's absolutely rad, man.  :) It's cool that you're sort of reaching to your ancestry.

I think she said E alto?

Well, I think she meant E-flat, which would make it an alto, which is what I play.  :) Have you played music before? I may have some pieces to suggest, if you'd like.

Some tips:

* Perhaps start with a stiffness 2 reed, and then you can step up as you get more skilled and your face muscles get stronger. Generally something like 3 - 3 1/2 is what students I know eventually play. Some guy even plays a 4 sometimes, but that's just machismo, IMO.
* Vandoren is a good reed brand, after that Juno.
* Take your reed off your mouthpiece when done!
* Don't touch the tip of your reed. If your reed splints or gets really wavy at the tip, you probably need to replace it. Try to replace every couple of months anyway or if your sound is getting weird all of a sudden.
* The tip of your reed should line up with the tip of the mouthpiece, perhaps a little more inward.
* I use a pretty good Meyer No. 5 mouthpiece, but you probably don't need a big fancy mouthpiece right away.
* Keep the corners of your lips tight on the mouthpiece and don't puff up your cheeks.
* Put your top teeth on the mouthpiece but wrap a little of your bottom lip over your bottom teeth. Don't bite! Some saxophonists will tell you to push your bottom lip outwards, but my sound is better with the bottom lip inwards.
* When you're getting to the other registers, lower or higher, it's important to position your tongue and vocal chords as if you were almost singing that note, it really helps to get the note out.
* Clean your saxophone with a sort of furry stick, or with a wipe on a string.

That's not all the tips I have, but there's quite a few already. Good luck!  :) It'd be helpful to get a good instructor.

Happy birthday RedKing!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194482 on: October 27, 2020, 01:39:46 am »

Happy birdsday, redking!

I also like saxophones. They are in the top rockiest instruments.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194483 on: October 28, 2020, 06:56:49 pm »

I was never too partial to having wood in my mouth

I'm not too partial to having wood in my mouth either ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Today I got rudely awoken by my Mom, who told me that she left the dog chained outside overnight and she's gone. I had only had a few hours of sleep at this point, but now my intended rest was ruined, and I was worried that the dog got stolen by someone, so I mustered all my strength to haul my lazy ass out of bed. I put on my clothes, woke myself up as best as I could, tried my car, find out my battery is dead for some reason, call my Mom back, and find out she resolved the situation herself and the dog is back safe and sound.

With my day pre-ruined, I decide to chill out by buying "The Longing" which is touted as a masterpiece. I will give it that, from the bit I've played today, this is the apex of chill games to relax to. You have 400 days to do fuckall if you like, and I mean 400 real days of real time, to just wait to fulfill the wish of your God King, who is using you as his alarm clock to wake him up at that designated time.

You can ignore the game entirely, the timer progresses even when the game is off so you can literally ignore the game until something like 14 months have passed, but you can speed up the timer by exploring the caverns and finding stuff to spruce up your room, and having a cozy room makes time go by faster. Everything about the game is slow paced though, your main character is the personification of slow, taking his sweet ass time doing everything. The controls of the game is designed with his slow movement in mind though, as you can navigate around with single and double clicks, watching him snail his way towards the intended destination, and then repeating that process. For places you've already visiting, you can remember them, and then Auto-travel to them; NOT quick travel, just auto traveling without the need to click. Now, under normal circumstances I'd chastise a game for making me wait and do literally nothing for minutes on end as I watch a little guy inch his way across the screen, but in a way that greatly reinforces the mood and theme of the game, because you're not in a hurry, you have more than a year, so just chill out, enjoy the atmosphere, read the little tidbits of your character's thoughts every now and then, and enjoy exploring at the rate of 0.01 mph.

It's impossible to explore the entirety of the cave system in one go, there's timed events that need to occur before you're allowed to progress, but even when there's nothing to do, you can go back to your room and draw, play music, and read, cause you start the game with several entire books, and you can just sit down and read them. Once you've spruced up your room as well, time moves much faster as you relax in it; I currently have accelerated time to something like 7-8 seconds in-game time for every 1 second real time.

I just appreciate this masterwork of chillness. I feel it has unruined my day.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194484 on: October 28, 2020, 07:19:44 pm »

Yo im just glad the doggo is ok.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194485 on: October 28, 2020, 09:19:41 pm »

Today I got rudely awoken by my Mom... I had only had a few hours of sleep... my intended rest was ruined... so I mustered all my strength to haul my lazy ass out of bed.

I feel the need to point this part out.

You ain’t lazy if you had only a few hours sleep and were awoken early by someone else demanding you do something they were capable of doing on their own.

You will cease this negative self talk immediately!

The game sounds interesting though. Every cloud, and all that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194486 on: October 28, 2020, 09:28:52 pm »

But hector... Negative self talk is the one thing I'm truly talented at!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194487 on: October 28, 2020, 09:35:25 pm »

But hector... Negative self talk is the one thing I'm truly talented at!

Well then.

I guess you’d better get talented at putting wood in your mouth so you can’t talk negative to yourself.m

I think that sentence works figuratively and literally, too, so you have no excuses now; get to it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194488 on: October 29, 2020, 05:30:19 am »

I got my bike into the campus through... certain means, and I cycled 10 kilometers (6.3 miles) just now. I think I forgot how much I like cycling, so I just kept on cycling, just exploring every nook and cranny of the place that I could. Holy shit, that felt good.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194489 on: October 29, 2020, 11:43:49 am »

I guess you’d better get talented at putting wood in your mouth so you can’t talk negative to yourself.

Just don't put your wood in a bottle.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 12964 12965 [12966] 12967 12968 ... 13312