Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12974 12975 [12976] 12977 12978 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383602 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194626 on: December 16, 2020, 03:58:08 am »

A video where 64 metronomes are started, and they align with each other within 2 minutes.

Me: man that's cool.

Comment section: BUT NAZIS THO!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this an example of a negative feedback loop in action? I mean, the small, repeated movement being put into the table they're all on 'punishes' the ones that are the most out-of-sync, and gradually moves them all towards synchronicity? I'm thinking it must be something like tidal locking in astrophysics, where two bodies orbiting eachother will very gradually influence eachothers rotational energy, until they're spinning and orbiting at the same speed, meaning that one side is always facing the other. Like the moon is spinning, but we always only see one face of it; eons of negative feedback looping have deduced that that is the most stable, least energy costly way to orbit, and so it does, and I'm thinking that's how it is with the metronomes too.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #194627 on: December 16, 2020, 04:22:36 am »

Hopefully none of you died of the fucking plague while I wasn't around. I can't even remember if that was going on last time I was here.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #194628 on: December 16, 2020, 04:24:49 am »

Hey GC! :D
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194629 on: December 16, 2020, 04:32:48 am »

Well now we're doing things out of milk and eggs, so sit down and eat your cake!
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194630 on: December 16, 2020, 06:11:57 am »

Cake? CAKE?

Bitch' I'm makin CUSTARD

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #194631 on: December 16, 2020, 06:14:55 am »

Scrambled eggs

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194632 on: December 16, 2020, 06:21:28 am »

The eggs all hatched and now they're all trans girls.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194633 on: December 16, 2020, 06:35:25 am »

That's not how eggs work, they must be used as nature intended and turned into omelets.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #194634 on: December 16, 2020, 06:43:51 am »

What, objectively, is the difference between a transgirl and an omelet? They both consist mainly of organic material and are thus exactly the same.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194635 on: December 16, 2020, 07:00:06 am »

A trans girl has almost all the characteristics that would qualify her as "life". She has order in her internal structure, she can respond to stimuli, reproduce (though this is a bit contentious depending on what she underwent), can grow and develop, is able to regulate her internal environment, maintains homeostasis, and processes energy. At least 6/7 of those criteria are guaranteed to be met in a living trans girl. She is life.

An omelet... tell me, do you see order in an omelet? Do you think that the jumbled-up, scattered, denatured proteins in an omelet constitute "order"? Have you ever had an omelet respond to stimuli? Have you ever seen one grow? See, it can't even do the basic requirements. 0/7. Not life by any classification. Game of Life is more life-like than this dead hunk of cooked proteins.

A trans girl is a living organism. An omelet fails to meet any of the requirements that would qualify it as life. As such, there is an objective difference between the two. I rest my case.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 07:06:27 am by methylatedspirit »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #194636 on: December 16, 2020, 07:08:11 am »

An omelet... tell me, do you see order in an omelet? Do you think that the jumbled-up, scattered, denatured proteins in an omelet constitute "order"? Have you ever had an omelet respond to stimuli?

yes

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194637 on: December 16, 2020, 07:18:32 am »

That's 2/7. Same number of criteria met as viruses (if I've read the definitions right), in whatever dimension you live in where your omelets not only have order, but can respond to stimuli too. That's fairly low on the life scale, but it would be enough to confuse early biologists for a little bit, so I guess that's good enough. I... unrest my case?

Good lord, omelets must be horrible to eat over there. Do they twitch when you touch them?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #194638 on: December 16, 2020, 07:21:18 am »

ha ha, got em

hashtagsayinguntruethingstoowntheliberals

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194639 on: December 16, 2020, 07:54:49 am »

Alright, I'll grant you the win. It was, however, predicated on a 2/7 chance, and I was pretty 50:50 on that whole premise in the first place. Multiplying those together, you get 1/7 of a perfect win. I now hereby grant you a trophy... with about 14% of the effort that would be put into a perfect one. Enjoy your deformed mess of a trophy! The handles are real fragile; it's real hard trying to transport this thing without breaking the handles off.
Pages: 1 ... 12974 12975 [12976] 12977 12978 ... 13310