Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12975 12976 [12977] 12978 12979 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14527921 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #194640 on: December 16, 2020, 07:55:57 am »

Well, you know what they say. You can't transport a trophy without breaking a few eggs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194641 on: December 16, 2020, 08:15:42 am »

Really though, how can we trust a definition of life created by a single biased species confined to a single tiny rock floating in a massive cosmos.

And you never really did anything to confront my implicit claim that unliving organic matter is still essentially the same thing as living organic matter.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194642 on: December 16, 2020, 08:17:43 am »

They are the dominant species on that tiny rock, which consists of around 100% of all known life.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194643 on: December 16, 2020, 08:18:10 am »

I mean, y'all's eggs don't scream and try to escape when you eat them, begging for mercy the whole time in multiple languages? #Lrn2cook
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194644 on: December 16, 2020, 08:20:27 am »

They are the dominant species on that tiny rock, which consists of around 100% of all known life.

Dominant by our definition of domination, life by our definition of life, known as in known to us.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194645 on: December 16, 2020, 08:46:42 am »

Pretty sure the actual dominant is something else, anyway. We're certainly neither the most populous nor most resilient species on the planet, seem to recall that laurel belongs to bacteria of one sort of another. Macrocentric bias is a hell of a drug. Cure the addiction with screaming omelets.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194646 on: December 16, 2020, 08:50:25 am »

Dominant by our definition of domination, life by our definition of life, known as in known to us.
Okay, now you're just arguing over semantics. Things mean the things that they do because we say so, and to be able to have a coherent discussion, we must agree on a set of meanings.

And you never really did anything to confront my implicit claim that unliving organic matter is still essentially the same thing as living organic matter.

I'm not too well-versed on this, but the thing about life is that life sorta emerges as a result of its structure. Life may be made of the same things as non-life, but structure and order is how any of it works. There needs to be these long-ass chains of proteins, lipids, and other stuff. It needs to have order to be able to even begin being life.

If I blended a snail, would it be alive? No, the structure of the snail has changed so much that it can no longer undergo its life processes. It may now have the same exact components of a living snail, but that mess of blended snail ain't living. The structure, the order that allows life to emerge is now gone. All I'm left with is a mass of blended snail.

It's all about emergent phenomena. Complex things can emerge from very simple rules, but for it to even emerge, it must have some organization first. If it is taken away, the emergent phenomena disappears. You smash a CPU into a thousand pieces, do you think it'll still open Chrome if you put it back into its socket?

At least, that's how I think it goes. I'm not a philosopher, nor a scientist. It's all a mess of different facts from entirely different domains mashed together into... this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194647 on: December 16, 2020, 10:29:12 am »

Really though, how can we trust a definition of life created by a single biased species confined to a single tiny rock floating in a massive cosmos.

How do we know life in the rest of the universe even wants to be defined as life rather than something else
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194648 on: December 16, 2020, 11:43:45 am »

We shoot it in the face. If it stop moving then it was life.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #194649 on: December 16, 2020, 03:32:25 pm »

I don't know if what I hit was the car's "face", but it certainly isn't moving anymore.
In a time before time, I had a name.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194650 on: December 16, 2020, 03:39:28 pm »

Where is egg's face
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194651 on: December 16, 2020, 03:42:56 pm »

Where is egg's face

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What kind of weird faceless eggs do you get?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194652 on: December 16, 2020, 03:50:16 pm »

I mean, y'all's eggs don't scream and try to escape when you eat them, begging for mercy the whole time in multiple languages? #Lrn2cook

I teach mine ancient Sumerian for a maximum chance of summoning Ovumus Maximus, the Primal God of Eggs and the template from which all yolk was forged.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194653 on: December 16, 2020, 11:24:50 pm »

Gosh I love this thread, egg gods, discussions of life, viruses, fixing water heaters, all smoothly switching topics. It’s great to read.

I teach mine ancient Sumerian for a maximum chance of summoning Ovumus Maximus, the Primal God of Eggs and the template from which all yolk was forged.
Do you teach your faced eggs or the chicks that hatch from them?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194654 on: December 16, 2020, 11:40:09 pm »

Which came first, the egg god or the chicken god?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 12975 12976 [12977] 12978 12979 ... 13311