Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12979 12980 [12981] 12982 12983 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14589389 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #194700 on: December 21, 2020, 12:17:41 pm »

Ohhhh. So, in conclusion: dump in allll the hops right at the start of the boiling process and no later. Gotcha!   

You know, I've been thinking lately that homebrewing would actually be kind of fun to try my hand at.   
Of course, slapping together a still would be pretty cool, too. Imagine all the money I would save on booze...   
I recently discovered a very nice, dark imperial stout.
It's even brewed in my home town of Eindhoven.
Can recommend if you can find it outside of the Netherlands.
It's called 'ons blackie' ('our blackie) made by brewery 'van Moll'
https://shop.vanmollcraftbeer.com/nl/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194701 on: December 21, 2020, 03:04:24 pm »

I have unlocked the secrets of multiboxing in order to play multiple instruments at the same time in FFXIV.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194702 on: December 21, 2020, 03:07:26 pm »

I have unlocked the secrets of multiboxing in order to play multiple instruments at the same time in FFXIV.

It's been a long time since I fired up FFXIV, but when I was playing, one of the most charming moments I had was when a random minstrel serenaded me with Legend of Zelda tunes in the plaza of Limsa Lominsa.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #194703 on: December 21, 2020, 03:57:12 pm »

I'm still not entirely sure what I think about FFXIV. I played it for a while and liked it but it kinda dipped into some stuff while I was going through something and that's made it really hard to look back on properly... Though I did remember just liking how it felt to play even if the story didn't usually do anything for me.

Plus you can be a bunny now, that's always a plus.

... haven't played more than like maybe two minutes from a demo or something, personally, though. Never got along super great with flight sim type stuff.

The funny thing is that's the major reason I decided to play it even if it's pretty arcadey. Earlier this year I just fell into a hole of playing flight sim stuff and I think I probally played IL-2 for hours a day for like a month just teaching myself to fly right and actually land. I've just been huge into them and even just the concept since that.

... Though I lost track of how many BF109s I flipped over on the runway in that period.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194704 on: December 21, 2020, 04:12:55 pm »

14 was the MMO one, right?  My college roommate would play it a bunch.

I also remember reading an article, apparently there was a class (Job?) themed around tarot cards, and there was a guy who would stand around town and use the buffs to give people actual tarot readings.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194705 on: December 21, 2020, 04:16:27 pm »

Yeah, FFXIV is the MMO. from what I've been told, they at one point just nuked the whole thing and did a re-release.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194706 on: December 21, 2020, 04:19:03 pm »

I would play it, but it costs money. :(
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194707 on: December 21, 2020, 04:20:41 pm »

They actually currently have a very permissive free trial, where you can go upto level 60 in all of the classes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194708 on: December 21, 2020, 04:41:21 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:10:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194709 on: December 21, 2020, 04:46:30 pm »

they at one point just nuked the whole thing

to shreds you say
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194710 on: December 21, 2020, 09:22:26 pm »

Pretty fucking cool. Are we like half a year away from you publishing machinima music clips in that format  :D? How about flashmob choreographies?

Tell you what, I'll post a video. Here. It cut off the start :<

To be clear, I arrange/edit/mix existing midis. I am not the original creator. Also, my PC apparently dislikes running 3 simultaneous instances of FFXIV alongside video capture. There was some occasional minor lag/desync. I refocused the camera to fit less objects on the screen and it helped.

Side note: Two notes at the end are outright altered. This is because FFXIV has ridiculous octave limitations. I changed them to fit inside the TINY LITTLE BOX to which Square has restricted my unbridled creativity.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:26:35 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194711 on: December 22, 2020, 05:50:59 am »

Pretty fucking cool. Are we like half a year away from you publishing machinima music clips in that format  :D? How about flashmob choreographies?

Tell you what, I'll post a video. Here. It cut off the start :<

To be clear, I arrange/edit/mix existing midis. I am not the original creator. Also, my PC apparently dislikes running 3 simultaneous instances of FFXIV alongside video capture. There was some occasional minor lag/desync. I refocused the camera to fit less objects on the screen and it helped.

Side note: Two notes at the end are outright altered. This is because FFXIV has ridiculous octave limitations. I changed them to fit inside the TINY LITTLE BOX to which Square has restricted my unbridled creativity.

Beautiful! I have been wanting you to film these for so long :D
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194712 on: December 22, 2020, 08:24:25 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:15:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194713 on: December 22, 2020, 01:28:11 pm »

The trial period is infinite. There are only level and trading/selling restrictions (level 60, I think? Basically the base game and one expac worth of levels. But you'd have to buy the expac to get the content.)

Some people make little themed bands with band names and such. They play in RP venues and whatnot. There's quite the strong RP community, and not just the weird kind XD

Also aw thanks folks, I'm actually super insecure about these. It's nice to have a little validation sometimes. Also, I'm TOLD that the desync/lag does not come through on the other end, aka it sounds fine to everyone listening. So it's just my own personal little panic attack when it skips some.

ANOTHER EDIT: I do play with another friend sometimes, and he is a Lalafell (weeb hobbit) race. He has mario and link costumes for when I play songs from those respective titles. I also have regular fans who have made outfits for various songs. Memory from CATS tends to summon someone in a Catwoman glam, who also has a Pumpkin King costume for This is Halloween.

I don't coordinate these people they just enjoy showing up when I play in Limsa (Central Town for idlers/RP).

EDIT: I figured out the REAL reason I was getting lag and skips. My method of editing leaves all other MIDI tracks intact, both to preserve the song by the creator and also leave it for possible future editing. I think the syncing program reads EVERY NOTE whether its being played or not. The sheer quantity was overloading it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:53:30 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194714 on: December 22, 2020, 09:41:52 pm »

I mean. The real question to me is if dun does secret of mana stuff, 'cause that's hilariously thematic for a FF game given the shared history.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 12979 12980 [12981] 12982 12983 ... 13312