Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12996 12997 [12998] 12999 13000 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549213 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #194955 on: January 11, 2021, 06:58:17 am »

We got some minor snow last week, too little to even go sledding or play in really (children still tried their damnest on the small hill outside our house though, bless them), it's almost completely gone here now too. Haven't had lasting snow around Christmas/New year's here (I live in southeast Sweden, by the sea) since I was a kid. Usually just a few weeks in January or February.

Meanwhile, you guys seen Spain?
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194956 on: January 11, 2021, 07:12:21 am »

No scriver, no! By Humala! You live in a perpetually ice covered land, with polar winds ever blowing, while drinking tankyards of ale and riding southerners villages until you reach Valhalla!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194957 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:17 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:20:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194958 on: January 11, 2021, 07:48:26 am »

It hasn't snowed in most/all of florida in over two decades, far as I'm aware. I've seen hail a few times, but the last time I saw snow at home was some time in the mid/early 90s.

There was one time some point in the 00s I saw people saying there was snow, but I didn't see it and if it did it didn't last more than an hour past sun up or somethin'.

Florida snow is cotton and cocaine, not frozen water stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #194959 on: January 11, 2021, 07:53:17 am »

We got some minor snow last week, too little to even go sledding or play in really (children still tried their damnest on the small hill outside our house though, bless them), it's almost completely gone here now too. Haven't had lasting snow around Christmas/New year's here (I live in southeast Sweden, by the sea) since I was a kid. Usually just a few weeks in January or February.

Meanwhile, you guys seen Spain?

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194960 on: January 11, 2021, 08:26:33 am »

When it does that it can help melt the snow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194961 on: January 11, 2021, 08:28:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:20:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194962 on: January 11, 2021, 09:26:23 am »

Now, sure. From what my grandparents have said, a bit of snow during the year in north florida (where they've lived pretty much their entire lives) wasn't particularly uncommon for most of their lives. And I've seen it myself, once.

That's just kinda' stopped entirely since the 90s/00s, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194963 on: January 12, 2021, 02:12:58 am »

That's because not even the snow wants to go to Florida now days, especially with all the Florida man stuff going on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

0leg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194964 on: January 12, 2021, 02:14:21 am »

WTF you guys got no snow? We got 30-40 cm like allmost a week ago and it hasn't melted a lot...

Looks like isn't enough arctic vortex to go around for everybody  :-\ you should be freezing right now.
  Send some down to Turkey! We haven't got snow for 3 years due to global/regional warming in İstanbul...
: o )

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194965 on: January 12, 2021, 01:18:51 pm »

I have never seen snow:-(

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194966 on: January 12, 2021, 01:24:24 pm »

I have never seen snow:-(

That is sad AF. You need to go somewhere where it snows sometime. It's amazeballs.

No scriver, no! By Humala! You live in a perpetually ice covered land, with polar winds ever blowing, while drinking tankyards of ale and riding southerners villages until you reach Valhalla!

I myself sled from my bedroom to work down a fluffy hill of snow that leads to my desk. Working at home has never been more whimsical.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 01:34:48 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194967 on: January 12, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

Urist secretdorf has never strayed far from home.   :)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194968 on: January 12, 2021, 01:45:30 pm »

I saw it once in Mirror Peak, in Merida. Fun as heck for a while, but on the way down it melted and we were all wet and cold.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #194969 on: January 12, 2021, 02:06:59 pm »

I've seen snow, but only in the distance on mountain tops. Never interacted with it in person, closest I've got is the six-inch-deep aftermath of Natal hailstorms.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 12996 12997 [12998] 12999 13000 ... 13312