Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13001 13002 [13003] 13004 13005 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547753 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195030 on: January 15, 2021, 11:32:18 pm »

I kicked them a few bucks last year.  They better still be there!  :o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #195031 on: January 17, 2021, 11:06:41 pm »

Raided a Nazi forum today with my friends. The spamming lasted for about a day (auto ban-evade spambots). It ended with the admin appointing a "loyal forum member" to help with banning the spambots and spamhumans while he is asleep. Unluckily (for him) it was a plant who was part of my raiding group and pretended to be a Nazi for a week before the raid to attempt to get his trust. It worked... and apparently admins on that forum had access to backups and could demote other admins.

So the plant (on my orders) banned the other admin, deleted the backups, closed down registration, deleted all threads, then banned everyone else and posted a single locked thread where he said that "Max The Unbannable and friends claim responsibility for the raid and takeover" and that it was "to troll up the forum and trigger fascists". Then the forum went down a few hours after. Mission accomplished!

They deserved it hehehe. I'm fairly sure this isn't against the guidelines to discuss.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:16:19 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195032 on: January 18, 2021, 01:40:46 am »

The only qualm I have is declaring it here. I'd imagine Nazi's to be small-minded, petty people, and I wouldn't put it past them if they found your post to commit some kind of cyber-attack on these forums in retaliation, if that's possible.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195033 on: January 18, 2021, 01:44:23 am »

Yeah, I think the possibility of raids and counterraids is a real one. We got invaded by Reddit once.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #195034 on: January 18, 2021, 01:52:41 am »

Yeah, that post seems like questionable opsec, especially if you've just directly quoted your final message. Could you edit it out?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195035 on: January 18, 2021, 02:09:52 am »

Yeah, that post seems like questionable opsec, especially if you've just directly quoted your final message. Could you edit it out?
Nah I paraphrased it so it's going to be difficult to impossible to use Google to find it. Was a small forum anyhow. I doubt they'd find this post or get back together any decent amount of people to pull off a raid. Remember that the entire community was scattered in just a few hours' space. Those people might not see each other again.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195036 on: January 18, 2021, 02:12:53 am »

This is how we end up with a reverse version of D-Day.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195037 on: January 18, 2021, 02:24:51 am »

I'll be sure to note down the next time Bay12 goes down as "Retaliatory attack for an attack made by a user on Bay12 on a different forum." There's probably better phrasings for that; I'll have time.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195038 on: January 18, 2021, 02:27:56 am »

I'll be sure to note down the next time Bay12 goes down as "Retaliatory attack for an attack made by a user on Bay12 on a different forum." There's probably better phrasings for that; I'll have time.
I mean as I said it's unlikely they'll find it.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #195039 on: January 18, 2021, 02:33:25 am »

Yea, I was one of the raiders, the final post was way different.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195040 on: January 18, 2021, 03:14:10 am »

I mean as I said it's unlikely they'll find it.

Yeah, Bay12 being at the ass-end of the Internet, it would be hard to figure out where we are. It's what's known is the business as "security through obscurity".

Plus, Bay12's huge. 4.8 million posts, 170 thousand topics, and 56 thousand users is no joke. Good luck trying to delete every single post, topic and user in time before Toady catches on and shuts the servers down. I vaguely remember that the last time Toady deleted a "big" (someone with a long history here) user's account along with every post of theirs, it took an hour or two. If they had 5000 posts, then it would take around 40 days and 40 nights of uninterrupted server activity to delete every single post.

So, you know, perfectly doable. Just need to incapacitate Toady and friends for 40 days straight to pull that feat off. I dunno if they have backups or not, but it probably exists somewhere. Not to mention everyone with an account elsewhere, if you don't wanna blow your cover.

Would such an attack qualify as a world record for "longest complete-destruction cyberattack on a single, independent (i.e. not Google, Amazon, Microsoft...) website"? Eh, I'd say just go for Gaia Online or something if you really want that record. (No, I'm not endorsing that at all. Just saying it's a better candidate for the world record. We're nothing compared to that behemoth.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195041 on: January 18, 2021, 03:22:28 am »

I don’t think I’ve heard of it before, so I looked it up. I thought Gaia Inline was going to be about the earth (Gaia being Mother Earth in Greek mythology), turns out it’s a yoga/meditation thing.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195042 on: January 18, 2021, 03:36:45 am »

I'm talking about the Gaia Online forums. It's, uh... monumental. I dunno where their version of General Discussion (+associated boards) are, but it has 2.4 billion posts total. 3 orders of magnitude larger than us, and you bet it has some insane activity. I literally see things posted a few seconds ago when I glanced at one of their boards. I wonder how their servers don't just explode with that kind of load.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195043 on: January 18, 2021, 03:39:30 am »

This looks much better than whatever I came across

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195044 on: January 18, 2021, 11:19:27 am »

I've finally gotten back into mahjong after swearing it off from getting terminally buttmad. Mahjong Soul has a new event going on, including a new game mode called Battle of Ashura, which is very similar to Sichuan Bloody Mahjong (if you know what that is, congrats) and it's very fun with the high propensity for wacky bullshit that is happening all the time. I got 2 Yakuman over the course of 4 games, and saw even more coming from other players, which is absurd under normal circumstances, but in Ashura Town fucking anything is possible. The event also includes Saki characters (if you know what that is, shame on you.) which is an unprecedented first for Mahjong Soul. They've never done a crossover before with pre-existing anime characters, and while I don't care for Saki characters, this opens the floodgates of possibilities for future crossovers with anime characters that are actually good! I'm hearing zawa zawa over the horizon, and my wallet is scared.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:21:27 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 13001 13002 [13003] 13004 13005 ... 13312