Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13003 13004 [13005] 13006 13007 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377792 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195060 on: January 19, 2021, 08:49:15 am »

It was like nine years ago wasn't it? Not something most people remember probably. I think there might have been shock images involved at some point.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195061 on: January 19, 2021, 08:49:25 am »

I came across many jelly ears today.
what’s a jelly ear?

Mushroom that looks and feels like an ear. Fun texture for stir-fry dishes and soups.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195062 on: January 19, 2021, 08:59:48 am »

Mushroom that looks and feels like an ear.
Then it turns out it was actually someones ear, and you ate it, you monster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195063 on: January 19, 2021, 09:01:34 am »

Fungi don’t have blood, it would likely be difficult to mistake an ear for a mushroom

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195064 on: January 19, 2021, 09:02:02 am »

I wonder at the origin of a creature blessed with so many ears.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195065 on: January 19, 2021, 09:13:14 am »

Fungi don’t have blood, it would likely be difficult to mistake an ear for a mushroom
But as we learned the other day you can have mushrooms in your blood, for a while anyway.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195066 on: January 19, 2021, 09:15:18 am »

But as we learned the other day you can have mushrooms in your blood, for a while anyway.
this is true, though the mushrooms do not bleed

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195067 on: January 19, 2021, 09:19:31 am »

Tell that to the strawberries and cream/'bleeding tooth' fungus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195068 on: January 19, 2021, 09:33:46 am »

Tell that to the strawberries and cream/'bleeding tooth' fungus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
whoa, that’s cool how it looks like blood. Clearly I was mistaken, and some fungi can produce blood like liquids

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195069 on: January 19, 2021, 09:59:44 am »

Those people might not see each other again.
It's almost a certainty that they have an IRC, discord, webring circular or some other social media group if they were willing to use a forum. It's not good form to brag about raiding, least of all on bay12 - it encourages more raiding, which brings trouble to bay12. In the past we had cross-site drama come to bay12 and it only takes one determined spammer to inconvenience everyone, as our forum is very slow. Or do something like DDOS bay12, something cheap and highly inconvenient. Morally, pragmatically, nothing tying one to the deed ought to be stated anywhere

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #195070 on: January 19, 2021, 10:03:16 am »

Too transparent to be blood. Looks like fruit jam. It really looks like a cupcake.

Those people might not see each other again.
It's almost a certainty that they have an IRC, discord, webring circular or some other social media group if they were willing to use a forum. It's not good form to brag about raiding, least of all on bay12 - it encourages more raiding, which brings trouble to bay12. In the past we had cross-site drama come to bay12 and it only takes one determined spammer to inconvenience everyone, as our forum is very slow. Or do something like DDOS bay12, something cheap and highly inconvenient. Morally, pragmatically, nothing tying one to the deed ought to be stated anywhere
I took measures against it as stated. Read my other posts... there's no way they will find this. Google search can only get you so far.

And honestly I feel like only a determined core of the forum's population communicated outside of it. It doesn't matter anyhow. Unless I and the boys find that IRC channel. :P

Honestly a lot of my other exploits are similar. I only shared this because it was over so quickly and decisively because the admin did something dumb.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:12:06 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195071 on: January 19, 2021, 10:11:39 am »

Never doubt the power of weaponised autism combined with reasonable amounts of free time & a mediocre talent for information analysis. Caution is free, overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195072 on: January 19, 2021, 10:15:24 am »

Never doubt the power of weaponised autism combined with reasonable amounts of free time & a mediocre talent for information analysis. Caution is free, overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer
What are they going to search for, even? I didn't directly use anything like "unbannable" in the takeover post copypasta I gave to my plant. I mean good luck finding a good combination of keywords from the post (won't share here because then it's going to be easy to track) that won't output more than a hundred pages of results. Chances are we're safe especially since the victim was a fairly small and rather calm forum. Seriously, it was surprisingly chill for a fascist space.

At this point honestly maybe we should stop talking about this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:20:27 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195073 on: January 19, 2021, 10:26:15 am »

What are they going to search for, even? I didn't directly use anything like "unbannable" in the takeover post copypasta I gave to my plant. I mean good luck finding a good combination of keywords from the post (won't share here because then it's going to be easy to track) that won't output more than a hundred pages of results. Chances are we're safe.
Usernames, past references, passwords, any leaked identifiable information or if they had cookies tracking what sites you used go look there e.t.c. I'm sure everything is fine & ironclad but the whole point is don't tempt fate to begin with; anons have found ISIS bases in the middle of nowhere using the angle of a wall shadow on a tweeted image scrubbed of exif. data, crazier things have been done before. You don't gain anything by broadcasting your successful exploits, just adding an unnecessary risk to your group and the whole forum

A small chance is worse than 0%

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195074 on: January 19, 2021, 11:10:40 am »

Yeah in retrospect it may have been a mistake. Probably doesn't matter anyhow. In the future I won't talk about this most likely, just in case.

I enjoyed talking about mushrooms more.
Pages: 1 ... 13003 13004 [13005] 13006 13007 ... 13310