Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13005 13006 [13007] 13008 13009 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14559137 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195090 on: January 20, 2021, 04:49:47 pm »

Happy birthday Akura!!!

I got medical good news. What I believed was some testicular tumor for better or worse is actually just an open whatsitsname that is not fatal. My swelling is just liquid from my abdomen dripping into my rigth testicle.

It eventually will get very painful if I dont get surgery, but will never be deathly per se so not having the means for surgery is not an issue. So... yay? At least is not cancer, that would have costed more and/or killed me too early.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195091 on: January 20, 2021, 05:14:30 pm »

Happy Birthday Akura!

Also that is good news Baal but it still sounds terrible
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #195092 on: January 20, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »

Mild Happy:  The Battle Brother title screen now rotates between art!  No more naked nomads (exclusively)!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195093 on: January 20, 2021, 07:06:58 pm »

Is not deathly, that is happy on my book.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195094 on: January 20, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »

Shadow of Mordor crosses into near-campiness with the sheer absurdity of it's story. It's so silly that I couldn't even get upset. That said it's a SUPER fun game with some really innovative mechanics.... until you reach the epilogue and the engine can't handle the massive battles.

After it ramps up enough the game starts having 1-2 second input lag.

Spoiler: Silly Story Bits (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195095 on: January 20, 2021, 10:56:28 pm »

I was sort of keeping this under my hat, but I really like OMORI.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #195096 on: January 21, 2021, 04:13:31 am »

Shadow of Mordor crosses into near-campiness with the sheer absurdity of it's story. It's so silly that I couldn't even get upset. That said it's a SUPER fun game with some really innovative mechanics.... until you reach the epilogue and the engine can't handle the massive battles.

After it ramps up enough the game starts having 1-2 second input lag.

That's shadow of war, not shadow of mordor. Shadow of mordor has a very slightly more reasonable plot. :p
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195097 on: January 21, 2021, 08:03:11 am »

Bored by the lockdowns, don't know what to click next?

The Science Museum in London has set up a website showing off historical items from their depot that have never been shown to the public.

Every time you refresh the page you will see a new random item from their catalogue that no one has seen before. (Well except the people who found it and brought it to the musuem depot ofcourse)

https://thesciencemuseum.github.io/never-been-seen/index.html

Right now, I am looking at 'verticals for division, sheet 1 of 4'  by Charles Babbage, march 3d 1839

EDIT: geesh, they do like kinky down there in the depot.  I viewed 4 items. One was an urethral sound dated between 1880 and 1920, now I got a urethral forceps from the 19th century.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:16:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195098 on: January 21, 2021, 09:59:43 am »

Food, household articles and bodycare product megacorp Unilever has obligated itself to only do business with companies that pay their employees a fair living wage, by 2030.

They define fair living wage as a wage that is enough to be able to afford housing, food, clothing, transportation, education for children and healthcare, plus a buffer for unexpected expenses.
With this policy, Unilever hopes to break the 'circle of poverty'.

In all 190 countries in which Unilever is active, negotiations will be held with suppliers to agree to an exact amount.  In most cases, this will be substantially more than existing minimum wages.

With this, Unilever is the first multinational to actively engage in influencing the wages of people outside of their own organisation.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/unilever-wil-vanaf-2030-cirkel-van-armoede-doorbreken~b3e6f995/

Dunno if the happy thread is the right place, since I am still pretty much skeptical. But still, it's a positive sound in a world of unfairness and exploitation.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:01:44 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195099 on: January 21, 2021, 10:23:57 am »

Shelob being a qt3.14 waifu is still less egregious than Shelob caring about the one two one rings or there even being two one rings to begin with. When she catches Frodo and has the ring in her grasp she doesn't take it because she has no need for it nor can she eat it. This is in spite of her being intelligent and old enough to know what it is; she's like the hungrier version of Tom Bombadil. Whereas jolly Tom BOM BOMBADILLO, BoM TOM JOLLY TOM, FA LA THE WILLOW is the epitome of pure mirth and joy, Shelob is the epitome of "ah fuck I need a cheeky nandos but it hasn't been invented yet"
Celebrimbor's ultimate elf autism enabling him to make more rings is hilarious and should be ultra canon despite its reckless savaging of everything lotr ought to be. Could turn it into a spinoff Lord of the Sauronbimbor rings series

*EDIT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are transported into the last book you read with only the first item you get from the science museum roulette. How well do you fare?

I got a silver catheter, with a long proximal curve with a stylet. I am transported to 19th century South Arica during the boer war. Oh boy time to invent urology
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:28:02 am by Loud Whispers »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195100 on: January 22, 2021, 01:57:49 am »

First time in a long time that I've gotten mega-hella-shitfaced-drunk. Feelsgoodman. I don't, in this moment, care if I'm an alcoholic. It helps me deal with the pain, and I'm not hurting anyone or failing my kids or girlfriend because of it. (Although, admittedly, I have already failed my youngest, but that's not happy thread material.)

Edit: Also, drunken Skyrim is quite fun, when your head-canon suggests that you're a massive idiot to people like the Greybeards because of alcohol induced stupidity.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:01:08 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #195101 on: January 22, 2021, 04:23:40 am »

I found a very smol owl by the generators tonight while trying to find my kitten (because there were coyotes out by the butte and I didn't want her outside)

Made an imgur album for them here http://imgur.com/gallery/I7igcCL

Sorry for low quality, I used the zoom on my phone camera to avoid getting too close.

Oh and the cat was found and brought inside.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195102 on: January 22, 2021, 09:34:37 pm »

Got my buddy some Carbuncle Mitts in FFXI, which is possibley the most irritating thing to get in the game if you aren't super high lvl (and therefore don't need them).

Basically a huge deal for him leveling Summoner.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:53:57 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195103 on: January 23, 2021, 07:21:20 am »

I found a very smol owl by the generators tonight while trying to find my kitten (because there were coyotes out by the butte and I didn't want her outside)

Made an imgur album for them here http://imgur.com/gallery/I7igcCL

Sorry for low quality, I used the zoom on my phone camera to avoid getting too close.

Oh and the cat was found and brought inside.

Nice owl. :)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195104 on: January 23, 2021, 07:36:55 am »

Superb owl.
Pages: 1 ... 13005 13006 [13007] 13008 13009 ... 13312