Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13014 13015 [13016] 13017 13018 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14558069 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195225 on: February 08, 2021, 11:19:49 am »

Congrats! And yeah, fuck the police here...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #195226 on: February 08, 2021, 11:27:16 am »

Congrats, Max.

I hope you took the necessary security precautions; Bay12 is not on HTTPS.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #195227 on: February 08, 2021, 11:43:30 am »

They do not patrol Western sites. And in any case I have a VPN.

Saying this on Odnoklassniki (a Russian social network) though... do I look like I have a death wish?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195228 on: February 08, 2021, 12:51:14 pm »

This, that is why I mostly spend my time online here. There is almost always a tab on my phone browser with this forum open.

Here is not as hard or rigurous as Max have it but is still very real and if you are specially unlucky things can get pretty nasty.

Today Im getting my hair cut. Not a big thing for many but for me its great, specially for free.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:54:07 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195229 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:39 pm »

Bitch i am going to tell on you

(Just kidding, congrats, well done and im very happy for you)

*noogies*

I have coffee, a BLT, and a midterm :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195230 on: February 08, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »

Coffee and BLT are good.

Not sure how you feel about midterms, but I've never been on that side of them so can't say.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195231 on: February 08, 2021, 03:25:08 pm »

I do not enjoy taking midterms :V but I get a BLT and a big coffee when I have to do a midterm. That is my Veckle Promise.

also it means that today I don't have to take notes for that class, which is a huge value-added benefit.

But I have an additional happy, which is that capitalism has finally ground me down to the point where I'm going to go back to playing the fiddle and learning union songs, cuz I hate the goddamn suburbs and they're bringing back company towns, and that's no good. And my mom is awfully happy about it and we agreed that she doesn't get to criticize the way I play music until she turns 70. Gonna spend my stimulus check if I get one on a banjo. I've had enough of this bullshit and I'm gonna sing about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195232 on: February 08, 2021, 03:45:44 pm »

If you want to properly sing about how poor you are, why not invest in a harmonica? :P
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #195233 on: February 08, 2021, 03:49:00 pm »

You canŽt sing while playing a wind instrument
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195234 on: February 08, 2021, 03:52:51 pm »

gonna buy one of those harmonicas you put in front of you on a wire like Bob Dylan if I get an unemployment check later :v But I'm still employed for now so I guess it's just gonna be the banjo.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #195235 on: February 08, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »

IŽd encourage you to play the harmonica in general, but forget about the holder, if you want to play it decently youŽll need both hands ;)

(I love muh harmonicas)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195236 on: February 08, 2021, 05:55:30 pm »

man but blues got words to have with you
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #195237 on: February 09, 2021, 05:07:28 am »

man but blues got words to have with you
I'd argue that blues comes straight out of traditional African musical traditions and follows a call and response structure. As such it would be acceptable to play a tune and then sing. Even people who play other instruments alongside the harmonica or play in  a band follow this pattern. Just listen to anything by John Lee Hooker.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195238 on: February 09, 2021, 05:33:02 am »

This, that is why I mostly spend my time online here. There is almost always a tab on my phone browser with this forum open.

Most countries aren't spitefully searching for any insults toward the government - theu're looking for spreading of dissent. Bad mouthing Russia to the DF community is not worth the resources to shut down, but posting it on a Russian site may warrant retaliation. That's how I see it, at least.

IŽd encourage you to play the harmonica in general, but forget about the holder, if you want to play it decently youŽll need both hands ;)

(I love muh harmonicas)

Harmonica gang represent *tooot*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195239 on: February 09, 2021, 06:12:36 am »

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 13014 13015 [13016] 13017 13018 ... 13312