Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13063 13064 [13065] 13066 13067 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14635252 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195960 on: May 10, 2021, 01:07:15 pm »

Eh, the phenomenon predates all that by millennium, from what I understand. Written mention of it or stuff that is probably referencing it isn't much younger than writing, itself, iirc. I like thinking of it as the music of the celestial spheres, that eternal grinding that comes from their movement.

End of the day, though, being a haphazard pile of ~what didn't fail badly enough~ comes with its assortment of bugs and performance issues. To error is squishy meatsack, or something like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195961 on: May 10, 2021, 04:40:53 pm »

Indeed, the radiation sources predated us anyway, I mean we didn't actually create the radiation, just figured out ways to produce it artificially.  The sun and other stars produce all that radiation too, so yeah, the ancients must have had the ringing in their ears too.  But I can't help thinking that modern man has increased the radiation pouring through our bodies to the point that it may be the cause of many ailments such as cancer.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #195962 on: May 10, 2021, 05:54:52 pm »

Indeed, the radiation sources predated us anyway, I mean we didn't actually create the radiation, just figured out ways to produce it artificially.  The sun and other stars produce all that radiation too, so yeah, the ancients must have had the ringing in their ears too.  But I can't help thinking that modern man has increased the radiation pouring through our bodies to the point that it may be the cause of many ailments such as cancer.
Yeah. Because cancer didn´t exist before modern man

Right?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195963 on: May 10, 2021, 06:03:18 pm »

There's at least a few species out there that just doesn't do the cancer thing at all, iirc. Currently being researched, please check back later!

Like I said, I mostly attribute it to evolution being a remarkably shitty process on some fronts. Modern stuff can exacerbate some of it, but all the newfangled junk mostly just makes it easier to notice and accurately catalog the mess biology makes of us. Friggin' biology.

In any case, one day entropy will win and I'll finally have my revenge on biology! Something to look forward to. Or not, depending on how the whole afterlife thing goes/doesn't go.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195964 on: May 10, 2021, 06:52:44 pm »

Yeah. Because cancer didn´t exist before modern man

Right?

I mean, you're both right. Cancer did exist before modern times, but consider things like lung cancer due to the prevalence of smoking cigarettes. Smoking would have existed before, but modern industrialization and artificial products known to cause cancer would certainly have raised the incidence?

I'm talking out of my ass here, feel free to serve me a smackdown of facts.

EDIT: This is the happy thread, we are contaminating this holy place. My herbs are growing HUGE this year, that's my happy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #195965 on: May 10, 2021, 10:21:37 pm »

My herbs are growing HUGE this year, that's my happy.

Are those the super happy herbs that are now legal in many parts of the US?  ;D ;D ;D

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195966 on: May 11, 2021, 07:25:31 am »

So like last week I got fed up trying to source the right color hair ties from the normal places I shop (they were findable, but usually only part of a variety pack and in small numbers, which was annoying for several reasons), and decided to see if I could just order a bunch online and be done with it for a while. Turned out I could, and they showed up in the mail yesterday.

Short story shorter Frumple now has a 20-30 year supply of purple hair ties and probably won't have to worry about getting new ones for a long, long time. Whee.
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195967 on: May 11, 2021, 07:29:50 am »

Purple? You byzantiphile you
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195968 on: May 11, 2021, 07:43:12 am »

Ooh, hair ties. It's on my (large, if not gargantuan) bucket list of fashion things to try for no particular reason other than curiosity. My only excuse is that my dad insists that I have very short hair, and cuts it himself to make sure. (Seriously, my hair's probably less than 2 cm long right now.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195969 on: May 11, 2021, 08:04:59 am »

Eh... it's not a fashion thing, exactly. If you have long hair having a way to tie it back is, uh. Helpful. More practicality than fanciness.

They're just monocolor purple in this case, no embellishments. If purple wasn't best color I wouldn't have gone out of my way for it (if you're not actively going out of your way to display one, the simple hair ties just aren't particularly visible to begin with, tbh, so there's not much actual need to care), but it is best color so I did. Easy way to always be wearing purple, like the saint paddy's day cheat of having green eyes :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195970 on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:36 am »

I did martial arts class this morning *_* I'm a lot better than I thought I was.

I should apply this thinking to the rest of my life and do a better job of pulling myself out of this tailspin...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195971 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:59 am »

I like to get the sets with a lot of different colors!  Each morning I can pick the color that feels right.  I'm not good at faction but it's a fun little choice.  Some days I wear a professional black hairtie, other days I go magenta, and occasionally I wear yellow and I don't really know why!  I don't like yellow but occasionally it just feels right.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #195972 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:14 am »

I only have two hair ties and they're only by the grace of friends/family. Really oughta go buy some.

I got told I look like a pineapple when I tie the hair up on top of my head instead of behind it. This tickles me.

Purple IS the best color, yes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195973 on: May 11, 2021, 12:11:39 pm »

My herbs are growing HUGE this year, that's my happy.

Are those the super happy herbs that are now legal in many parts of the US?  ;D ;D ;D

Not yet! But come July, they will be. :>
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #195974 on: May 11, 2021, 02:55:17 pm »

it's high thyme july was cumin around

(no but actually slow down 2021)
Pages: 1 ... 13063 13064 [13065] 13066 13067 ... 13312