Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13068 13069 [13070] 13071 13072 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553038 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196035 on: May 30, 2021, 06:02:27 am »

I just asked someone out!

Now here's to hoping I post about her response here...

She agreed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196036 on: May 30, 2021, 06:30:51 am »

Congratulations, dwarfious! Well braved!
Love, scriver~

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196037 on: May 30, 2021, 06:31:42 am »

I finally have more time to do stuff. Gonna start making my game soon. Would be a bit like Marosia if anyone here knows that.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196038 on: May 30, 2021, 07:35:05 pm »

They may get more friendly if it lives to be older. Conjunctivitis usually means the kitten has an infection, which other cats can pick up on and want nothing to do with. Hissing and warding it off is arguably one of the better responses, especially for an unfamiliar/unrelated kitten; sometimes other cats will just kill the sick one and be done with it :-\

It's a dice roll whether it survives, though vet treatment (sometimes antibiotics, sometimes other stuff) makes the odds better. Good luck, hope it makes it...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196039 on: May 30, 2021, 11:24:15 pm »

I pissed away today playing a Rogue-lite that I've become attached to: Star Renegades.

It's an RPG where you have a limited number of days to prepare for a big boss that you have to fight, and then you pick up a new party member and some upgrades and you go to the next planet. The sprite work is really excellent, and the gameplay is mechanically deep.

I managed to beat the "Extreme" difficulty today, and that was just a blast. At one point I thought I had completely fucked myself over, cause I went into a boss fight completely forgetting that he can change his elemental resistances, and 3 of my party members had elemental weapons and were useless during portions of the fight. That was no good at all, you can't change weapons mid-fight, and the game saves the moment you enter a fight, and saves every turn to solidify your mistakes, and I was getting my ass kicked. I even thought that this run, which I had invested maybe 12-13 hours into by that point, was completely dead, but I stuck it out. Through some ingenuity and ballsiness, I managed to JUST BARELY BY THE SKIN OF MY TEETH eek out a victory. Success or failure literally boiled down to 1 or 2 hitpoints, and believe you me I was spending 15 minutes, or even 30 minutes or more, on every turn, carefully thinking through all my options, meticulously calculating everything. I had to go all out, purposefully ignoring defense and letting my party members get knocked unconscious, just so I could use the very last little bit of energy my characters still had to sneak in the last few hits and clinch the victory at the very last second...

IT FELT AMAZING.

That was the most satisfying victory in a game I've had in a long time.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196040 on: May 31, 2021, 09:21:37 pm »

The basil has a new housefriend! I've collected a lemon balm plant from my folks' garden; they and the spearmints have grown prolifically and so will not be missed. It seems to be very unhappy about having been uprooted and wilted pretty hard on the way home, but it seems to be perking up now.

I don't have high hopes for the basil, given how tiny its vase is, but we'll call that thrift stop motivation to find a nicer pot to put it in, if it lives. Ah well, worst case I have to support the community garden some more and buy a new basil.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196041 on: June 02, 2021, 08:49:09 am »

Bought 3 new goldfish, two ranchus and one oranda. All three are missing an eye, which happens with goldfish, but I thought they'd be comfy in my community coldwater tank, there's not really any strong swimmers who'll pick on them.

So far they seem to be settling in well, they're mixing with the other fish and eating alright.  :)

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196042 on: June 02, 2021, 11:16:53 am »

I just asked someone out!

Now here's to hoping I post about her response here...

She agreed.

Yay!  Hopefully good things are in the future!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196043 on: June 03, 2021, 10:20:16 pm »

I made a script to visualize any arbitrary song as its raw data interpreted as video, which then syncs the visualization to the original song! It's perfectly-synced! (Assuming you set the right framerate and resolution, and the sampling rate's right) It's less likely that this version causes seizures, but I still wouldn't watch it in full-screen if I were you.

I'm very satisfied with the results, but I'm not sure what song to use to show off the power of this thing.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #196044 on: June 03, 2021, 11:38:26 pm »

Tomorrow I am getting my first vaccine dose. They came late to here. Wish me luck.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196045 on: June 04, 2021, 05:08:54 am »

Tomorrow I am getting my first vaccine dose. They came late to here. Wish me luck.

Wishing you luck. First one should be OK, watch out for the second!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196046 on: June 04, 2021, 09:53:44 am »

Demolition Derby is coming to town.  Whoot Whoot!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196047 on: June 04, 2021, 12:25:31 pm »

Havent seen one of those in ages
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196048 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:22 pm »

On the one hand, woke capitalism is cynical profiteering.
On the other, all the little rainbows and stuff at the hospital inspired me to identify myself as grandchild, which felt nice.

And then Big Gay rewarded my miniscule act of pride by curing my gma's knee fracture! The doctors said they misread the first scan but I know better.

(Also she seemed to recognize me a lot more often than previously. Fall aside, I think this place is really helping her stay mentally engaged!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196049 on: June 05, 2021, 12:47:13 am »

Demolition Derby is coming to town.  Whoot Whoot!
Always wanted to go to one of those, sucks that nobody does anything like that where I live.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 13068 13069 [13070] 13071 13072 ... 13312