Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13069 13070 [13071] 13072 13073 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14508522 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196050 on: June 05, 2021, 03:54:59 am »

On the one hand, woke capitalism is cynical profiteering.
On the other, all the little rainbows and stuff at the hospital inspired me to identify myself as grandchild, which felt nice.

And then Big Gay rewarded my miniscule act of pride by curing my gma's knee fracture! The doctors said they misread the first scan but I know better.

(Also she seemed to recognize me a lot more often than previously. Fall aside, I think this place is really helping her stay mentally engaged!)

I also identify as a grandchild
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196051 on: June 05, 2021, 03:10:13 pm »

Bought an ice cream maker from work today. It's quite old, and a bit dirty, but I paid less than $4 for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196052 on: June 05, 2021, 04:18:35 pm »

Demolition Derby is coming to town.  Whoot Whoot!
Always wanted to go to one of those, sucks that nobody does anything like that where I live.

Now I feel bad for going to more than one...not really

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196053 on: June 06, 2021, 02:55:26 am »

Demolition Derby is coming to town.  Whoot Whoot!
Always wanted to go to one of those, sucks that nobody does anything like that where I live.

Now I feel bad for going to more than one...not really
No need to feel bad I'll get to one eventually.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196054 on: June 06, 2021, 04:12:35 pm »

May have saved a kid's life today by informing the father that the flower he was distracting the baby with was, in fact, hemlock
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196055 on: June 06, 2021, 05:29:21 pm »

May have saved a kid's life today by informing the father that the flower he was distracting the baby with was, in fact, hemlock

Wow, that is amazing and also quite scary!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196056 on: June 06, 2021, 07:14:13 pm »

This is why people need to learn from the great philosophers!
Jeez, I couldn't recognize hemlock like that.  Glad you were there to catch it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #196057 on: June 07, 2021, 07:45:15 am »

Got my first vaccine dose. Worried about side effects but friends tell me only the second should have it. I believe them.

Shame it was only introduced here pretty late, so many cases could have been prevented. But soon this shit will be over and, I will be able to travel to other countries without fear. I want to visit Lake Baikal in Russia.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196058 on: June 07, 2021, 08:27:22 am »

Soreness is about all I've heard reported (and experienced) for the first dose. Personally was bad enough I really didn't want to do anything with that arm for a while, but it wasn't debilitating or anything.

Second's likely to be fairly rough, though, yeah -- I'd plan on being down for at least a day or two.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196059 on: June 07, 2021, 03:05:36 pm »

The basil is growing aggressively towards the window, pressing up against it like an eager child in the back seat of the car. The lemon balm mint is growing prolifically, but gets wilty when its soil dries out. I'm watering them lightly every other day or so, since their vessels don't drain water at all. They seem to be taking well, in any case.

As the basil has decided to live, it has earned its title of Henry (in case it needed successors), and the balm, Perceval.

This time, everyone lives!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196060 on: June 08, 2021, 04:23:08 am »

I've managed to finally resurrect my laptop that's been busted since September of 2017, there are still a few issues but It works now and I'm incredibly happy because I can play the games and use the programs on it again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196061 on: June 08, 2021, 08:14:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:56:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196063 on: June 08, 2021, 09:00:31 am »

They seem comfy! :)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196064 on: June 08, 2021, 02:13:31 pm »

In a worldwide police cooperation of unprecedented scale, 'Operation Trojan Shield', more than 8 tons of cocaine, 22 tons of marijuana, 2 ton amfetamines and meth, 6 ton of synthetic drugs, 250 firearms, 55 luxury vehicles and 48 million dollars worth of cash and cryptocurrency were seized. 800 people have been arrested worldwide.

At the heart of it all was a dutch taskforce, that sold 12000 'Anom' phones, an encrypted communication service (developed by the FBI) to criminals. The criminals thought their communications were safe, while in reality, the police and FBI could listen in on their conversations and texts from the day they bought their phones.
The dutch team developed special innovative software to filter through the 27 million conversations and pictures to find criminal activities.

According to the FBI, hundreds of murders and liquidations have also been prevented thanks to the police listening in on the criminals.

Dutch chief of police Kraag says more searches and arrests will follow in the coming weeks.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 13069 13070 [13071] 13072 13073 ... 13311