Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13071 13072 [13073] 13074 13075 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546596 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196080 on: June 10, 2021, 01:59:24 pm »

My wife (who had covid) got off with a sore arm both times, my cousin’s first shot either lead to him getting quite ill or he just coincidentally got sick around the time he got it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196081 on: June 11, 2021, 09:42:05 pm »

I had a REALLY close call on the road today. I was driving to my weekly ping pong club get-together, and it was starting to rain fairly hard. I had a car in front of me, and I thought I had a good idea of where he was in relation to the next stop light, and therefore where he would be stopping. The mistake is that I misjudged how many cars were in front of THAT car, and therefore he wound up stopping much earlier than I thought, and I had to slam by brakes because my approximation of safe speed was WAY WRONG AND I WAS GOING WAY TOO FAST. This, combined with the rainy road, meant I was skidding helplessly at the car in front of me. As a last ditch measure, I twisted the wheel all the way to the left to try to spin my car, and shorten the striking distance of my car; turns out this was a bad idea as my car didn't spin enough to do that, but it did spin enough to put the rear of my car into the next lane and turn me into a fucking road hazard. It was all I could think to do at the time.

FORTUNATELY my habit of putting a lot of room between me and the next nearest car finally paid off, and my skidding only carried me to within arms reach distance of the car in front of me. Once the light turned green, I meekly straightened myself out and progressed to my destination at a much more cautious speed.

In hindsight, I probably could have slowed down enough to do an emergency lane change into the slower lane, which had fewer cars in it; I wasn't calm or rational enough though, and I didn't have enough time to check my mirrors.

The happy was that I averted an accident just narrowly, and that I really wasn't that upset about it afterwards. Usually any near miss turns me into a nervous wreck, but I feel my psyche remained intact afterwards and I was able to enjoy my ping ponging without an overwhelming sense of guilt.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 09:46:11 pm by JoshuaFH »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196082 on: June 12, 2021, 06:37:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:55:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196083 on: June 12, 2021, 07:00:46 pm »

I was driving to my weekly ping pong club get-together

This is wholesome AF
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196084 on: June 12, 2021, 08:36:44 pm »

I was driving to my weekly ping pong club get-together

This is wholesome AF

It was a very good day. I got some tutoring on how to serve more properly by one of the older players, and I got to try it out against an 8 year old kid, one of those Japanese kids whose parents really push them to succeed and get good at things at a young age, and he's a little marvel at ping pong. I managed to win one game off him before we had to pack up. It was a lot of fun, it's too bad I don't get to play more often in the week.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196085 on: June 13, 2021, 06:39:14 pm »

I bought two little plantpots today, which means I get to have more houseplants as soon as I find plants and dirt. I've already agreed to rescue a mint plant for a third pot that I have tucked away, since it's growing too aggressively towards a friend's other sprouts. Thinkin' I pick up a catnip so I can distribute the cuttings to cat-having friends. I'll have a lot of plants in the mint family, but with as easy as they are, I'm not fussed!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196086 on: June 13, 2021, 09:28:21 pm »

┌ jpeg-xl git  .............................. [Recently updated]
├ Uninstalling asciidoc-py3-git... failed
Warning: JPEG-XL compiled with GCC will not use SIMD optimizations!
├ Running cmake...
├ Running build...
├ Stripping...
└ jpeg-xl-git  ....................................... [Updated]

The JPEG-XL library finally compiled after updating the build script. Thank fuck. I can finally have a brand new FFmpeg after many failed attempts, failing specifically on this one damned thing.

Keep your software up-to-date, everyone.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196087 on: June 14, 2021, 10:55:00 am »

Feeling 10x less crazy now that I've been seeing friends every couple days and know that I will move in with folks this Sunday! Including a cat and a dog! \o/

Also, I'm enjoying playing Witcher. It definitely doesn't hold a candle to the source material and is situated kind of awkwardly in the canon, but as a "Witcher-based video game" it is pretty good. I haven't played an AAA game in a long time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #196088 on: June 14, 2021, 01:16:36 pm »

Witcher 3 is good enough. Witcher 2 is decent. Dont bother with witcher 1. Its too experimental and the csrd sheanigans were puerile IMO. Its kind of funny that Witcher tv series has a direct homage to witcher 1 tho
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196089 on: June 14, 2021, 05:16:27 pm »

DUCK TALES GOTTA GO FAST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjwFULcQM2k

SA2/Ducktales mashup
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196090 on: June 14, 2021, 05:44:20 pm »

Witcher 3 is good enough. Witcher 2 is decent. Dont bother with witcher 1. Its too experimental and the csrd sheanigans were puerile IMO. Its kind of funny that Witcher tv series has a direct homage to witcher 1 tho

Haha. I played Witcher 1 back in the day and really enjoyed it. This was pre-Mass Effect and pre-Gamer Gate tho.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #196091 on: June 14, 2021, 06:53:39 pm »

I found it too much of an experiment. In particular, the writing is too clumsy and obvious, I feel. In a way it tries to stick close to the source material by quoting it verbatim. I think  2 and 3 figured out that it was better to do their own thing while homaging the source.. Still had good things, of course, but I found the sequels more nuanced.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196092 on: June 15, 2021, 05:50:52 am »

I bet that's producer/ directir/writer started playing the series but never got further than the first game because it took too long syndrome: P
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196093 on: June 15, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »

My KZ ZSN Pro X's arrived. Best fucking earbuds I've ever listened to. I can feel every detail in music. This is the clearest my music has ever been. I hear every cymbal. I hear every drum. Every instrument. I feel like one of those audiophile review sites, trying to get across how every single detail is being communicated to me through these things. I feel ready to do some ABX testing.

Edit: Going through Since I Left You by The Avalanches. I can hear the vinyl noise coming from the samples, and how they're repeating.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:00:46 am by methylatedspirit »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196094 on: June 16, 2021, 11:45:09 am »

I finished graaaaaaaaaadingggggggggggggg

Pages: 1 ... 13071 13072 [13073] 13074 13075 ... 13312