Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13072 13073 [13074] 13075 13076 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14554008 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196095 on: June 16, 2021, 01:16:23 pm »

Mattress in, old mattress out. Needs to sit for a bit 'cause it was wrapped up, but.

Old mattress out.

You ever sleep on a spring mattress older than you are? About as old as your mother? Better than forty years old? I've been doing that these last few years.

It put holes in some of my bedclothes, from where the springs broke through the cover and caught on cloth. Sleeping on it hurt, in several different ways.

Now it's gone! Ain't gon' sleep on it no more. Goddamn relief, one way or another. Even if the new mattress isn't great, it's going to have to bust out a shiv and try to gut me to be worse than what it's replacing.

e: done waiting, the 72 hours can fill in, it's had six

this is near about nope there's some there now enough to bring tears to my eyes

you can lay down in bed and it not hurt, holy shit ;_;
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 07:17:39 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196096 on: June 16, 2021, 07:47:24 pm »

As the saying goes, y'don't skimp out on things that separate you from the ground. Beds, boots, tires, etc. Happy to hear you've got a nice cushy improvement.

Y'gonna have a better time getting out of bed in the morning since it's not actively trying to maim you at night, or a harder time getting out of bed in the morning since it's not actively trying to maim you at night? :U

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196097 on: June 16, 2021, 08:06:48 pm »

Dunno yet, I'll find out in the morning. Either'd be fine :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196098 on: June 17, 2021, 12:33:21 pm »

Bought* a young giant land snail while buying some fish and tortoise supplies. Haven't sorted out a name for them yet. It's very tolerant of handling and reasonably tolerant to getting rubbed on the head.

The little blob is a hermaphrodite, so I'm probably either going to give it a gender neutral name, or ask my nephew to name it. Though my SiL, who likes snails, suggested Alfred about ten minutes after meeting it so that might stick.

*Technically was given it by the pet shop owner, but he's selling them for £1 anyway so they're as cheap as birdseed. I think, like the stick insects that are also there, that they were the babies of a local invertebrate keeper's pets and got given to the pet shop for free a few months ago because they might as well get to be pets rather than be food for something or culled**. Might even be the same guy who donated some stick insects of the same species to the shop back when I volunteered there.

**We got some really pretty rabbits from a local breeder back when I was at the shop, silver rex rabbits, two girls and a boy. Almost perfect specimens, but the guy didn't have a use for them because they had some white toes, barely noticeable if he hadn't shown them to us but enough to make them not breeding quality so he sold them at a bargain for what they were. All three wound up selling on the monday following the friday when they were sold to the shop. Lovely silver coats, very soft, and other than one skittish female very well tempered.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196099 on: June 17, 2021, 01:28:41 pm »

... wait, giant land snail, the invasive species that's illegal to sell in multiple countries?

Unrelated, bed was easier to get out of! First time in a while I've hurt less getting out of bed than when I got in it. It's nice.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196100 on: June 17, 2021, 01:54:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:55:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196101 on: June 17, 2021, 03:08:15 pm »

... wait, giant land snail, the invasive species that's illegal to sell in multiple countries?

Unrelated, bed was easier to get out of! First time in a while I've hurt less getting out of bed than when I got in it. It's nice.

Legal here as long as you don't release them, but our environment would probably kill them anyway. Tropical african invertebrates don't much care for British weather, though we do have some invasive worms and things because stuff that lives underground is less fussed by the climate and even they they're mostly found in the South of England.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196102 on: June 18, 2021, 03:59:43 am »

Bought* a young giant land snail while buying some fish and tortoise supplies. Haven't sorted out a name for them yet. It's very tolerant of handling and reasonably tolerant to getting rubbed on the head.

The little blob is a hermaphrodite, so I'm probably either going to give it a gender neutral name, or ask my nephew to name it. Though my SiL, who likes snails, suggested Alfred about ten minutes after meeting it so that might stick.

*Technically was given it by the pet shop owner, but he's selling them for £1 anyway so they're as cheap as birdseed. I think, like the stick insects that are also there, that they were the babies of a local invertebrate keeper's pets and got given to the pet shop for free a few months ago because they might as well get to be pets rather than be food for something or culled**. Might even be the same guy who donated some stick insects of the same species to the shop back when I volunteered there.

Always been tempted to get some GALS. They get so chonky.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196103 on: June 18, 2021, 09:34:50 pm »

re: snails

the spoils of mother's garden. i de-weeded it and there were so many.

i released them so they get a head-start on the ducks. other opinion was put em in the freezer, wtf dudes?

edit: i also claimed a yearsworth of herbs.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:37:17 pm by Caz »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196104 on: June 19, 2021, 04:59:35 am »

? Do the ducks swallow them whole?
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196105 on: June 19, 2021, 07:13:08 am »

If they're like our chickens they'll smack them against rocks or paving stones until the shell cracks into pieces then swallow them.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196106 on: June 19, 2021, 07:41:34 am »

Ducks are metal
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196107 on: June 19, 2021, 10:20:48 am »

Ducks are metal

Googling "Metal Duck" did not disappoint.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196108 on: June 19, 2021, 05:03:29 pm »

I wrote yet another Python script, this time to automate the process of splitting an audio file into multiple segments, then re-encoding those segments according to a list of bitrates. It works! I had to do one hacky thing:

Code: [Select]
i = 0
for bitrate_index in bitrate_list:     
    step2_in   = f"{i:04d}"
    step2_out  = f"{i:04d}"
    step2_list = ("ffmpeg", "-i", f"{step2_in}{in_extension}", "-c:a", audio_codec,"-b:a",bitrate_index,f"{step2_out}.{out_extension}")
    subprocess.run(step2_list)
    print(step2_list)
    i = i + 1

If I just did for i in range(segments):, it would iterate {segments} times over the bitrate list, which is clearly not the intended result. But at the same time, this feels like a massive hack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:12:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 13072 13073 [13074] 13075 13076 ... 13312